Reservations were smooth and easy. The owner responded quickly and accurately which is very helpful. It is 2.5-3 hours from Cebu and the ride is not too bad. The arranged van was ok but, not particularly comfortable. Reception was easy and fast - the ladies there are very friendly but, not very knowledgable. For several questions, they would open the book and read the answer.
The rooms are very basic, no TV (which is probably a plus). There is a small refrigerator with a couple of bottles of water, which you can refill at the dining area. Wifi is available but only really in the dining area. There were mosquitoes in the room, most of the time. Each evening we would battle a few of them. The pool is very nice - good for a refeshing swim in the evening.
Food is ok but, nothing remarkable. Even though we had full board, we did ride to town a couple of times and thought there was much more variety and lower prices in town. I especially thought the drink prices were excessive at the resort.
Location is terrific for snorkeling and diving. You can easily snorkel out 100m from shore and see plenty of turtles. We usually snorkeled twice a day in the morning and afternoon. There is however no beach area - you walk straight off the pier into rocky area, in between dive boats.
Diving was ok. There are approximately 10 dive sites along the shoreline (they start to look the same after a few of them). Then, Pescador Island, which is the main attraction. Very simple summary here: http://www.moalboal.org.uk/diveshop/divesite.html
The dive operation is very simple in Turtle Bay. If diving is your prime motivation, you should consider the more professional dive shops in town.
Our feeling was that a week is too long to stay here. Probably good for 3-4 day Holiday. If you want a location that is very convenient for snorkeling, this is the place in Moalboal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique family run hotel and dive resort with 27 well equipped air-conditioned rooms. Choice of villa room of 2-story hotel block. Set in landscaped tropical grounds giving onto the shore front. Reclaimed beach and great coral house reef. Easy access to over 20 dive sites. Restaurant serves buffet meals and a la carte snacks and meals. Food comes highly recommended by guests. Free Breakfast and Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Turtle Bay Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Turtle Bay Dive Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island