Varadero International Skydiving Centre
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff was very professional, and the DVD is a treasured souvenir!!!! This will now become a tradition every time I visit Cuba!!!!!!

1  Thank Helipinch
All reviews
"tandem jump"
in 7 reviews
"free fall"
in 6 reviews
"felt completely at ease"
"professional staff"
in 3 reviews
in 25 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'd love to have done a sky dive and given this place a 5 star review. Unfortunately on two different days we would get a call confirming our dive then at 3pm be stood up with lame excuses. We had cancelled other trips to do it. Second excuse was the govt borrowed their plane...Think they would have known that morning if it was in fact true.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Saw the skydivers walking thru our hotel & arranged to jump the following day after a confirmation phone call. We were collected on time and taken to bank to make sure we had the correct £ & had our passports with us. The video started from when we got out of the car & during meeting of crew. I was assigned Casanova who was upbeat and extremely thorough with his safety checks. The airplane was an old was plane & we were off ! At no time were we nervous as we felt complete confidence with our tandem masters. The atmosphere was amazing and the jump into free fall takes your breath away literally. Pulling into parachute gives a jolt which automatically makes u think something is wrong but nope this is how it rolls. From there the tandem master encourages u to relax and enjoy the decent ! The view is like overseeing paradise. Upon decent to the hotels beach I couldn't help feeling about ten feet tall- really proud of myself! All in all the experience was one of the best ever and I can't recommend these guys enough !! Special thanks to Casanova & Omar for making this the highlight of our Cuba trip.

4  Thank aevans28
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went skydiving on april 25, 2013 and landed on varadero el patriarca resort. we saw people doing it all week then finally the day before we left we managed to get booked in, myself boyfriend and another friend, we all enjoyed it so much, worth every penny and you must buy the video to show everyone when you get home lol. The adrenaline rush, all I can say is omg, haha! The plane didn't look the safest but was fine, the best part was we got to land on our own beach. The instructors were all great, and lots of experience, and they make sure you practice on jumping out of plane and landing before you even go on the plane, The free fall was pretty intense then it was quite relaxing and beautiful after that. Im the kind of person who would have never done it, won't jump off a boat in the water but will jump out of a plane 10000ft in the air , lol!
Btw, they sit everyone down to watch a video, we all thought it was an instructional video, NOPE its a video of everyone jumping, haha, Just bring cash and passport, and instructor will put it in one of his pockets, even my flip flops, so don't take anything else, oh, and wear longer shorts as this will be more comfortable, and don't forget a tip as they don't get this $180, they get paid very very very little in a month for risking their lives.

So, if you get the chance DO IT, you wont regret it!

The drive from the resort to the airport mighta been scarier, but he was great, even stopped at the bank machine for me.

1  Thank cathylovesthesun
See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I did the skydiving in April of 2012 along with my husband and two kids aged 23 and 17. It was totally a THRILL OF A LIFETIME. I have gone on many thrill rides and things over the years but this was by far the best ever. We were a group of 11 who did it. Three of our group went first and landed back at the airport in a field. I guess so that the guys would be there to go up again with the other eight waiting. Although the helicopter looks a bit sketchy it was a very safe and enjoyable experience. Probably safer to jump out of that helicopter than to stay in it - lol. The skydivers are very professional and just think about it - do you think they would put their own lives at risk, after all they are jumping too. My advice to anyone thinking of doing this is - DO IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT.

1  Thank sunnykim67