“Not worth the 150 cuc we paid!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cayo Blanco

Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Matanzas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the 150 cuc we paid!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We organised this day excursion through our rep at the Paradisus Varadero. We paid 75 cuc each and we looking forward to it.
Such a disappointment and not good value for money.
The snorkelling was poor,no fish and not a lot to see except for rocks and sand.
The beach on cayo Blanco was nice and lovely sea but the music they blasted our for our stay was far too loud and repetative!
Food was ok nothing special.
Felt like we had wasted our money and that a day excursion elsewhere would have been better money spent.
It was just any old day at the beach just like at any resort!

1 Thank AHR_1981

159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Loved the beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is an excursion only island and if you are lucky enough to see it, it is pretty nice! All your drinks and your meal is included in the price of your Catamaran excursion. I believe we paid $75.00 which was all you can drink, snorkeling, this island, chicken or lobster lunch, and just about anything you want to do on the island.

The waters are calm and the beach is awesome! Me and my family enjoyed this beach very much and could of spent more time there.

ps pay $5.00 for the pina colada in the coconut and I promise you it will be the best drink you have had all week!!!!!!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Byron D
Newfoundland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to spend your day away from your resort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our excursion via a catamaran to Cayo Blanco. The staff aboard the Catamaran is very nice. First they brought us snorkeling for approximately 30-45mins, which was very nice. We then went to the island where you could have a hotdog or hamburger while waiting for lunch to be prepared. There is a band playing Cuban music while there the entire stay. For lunch they served us your choice of grilled chicken, lobster and shrimp along with various side dishes. Drinks are unlimited during the entire day. There is also another stand where you can buy premium drinks. The beach and water is beautiful, however there is a fair amount of seaweed there. Yes I know it is the ocean and on a private Island where it is not groomed. Just stating for those who do not like to see seaweed. LOL My sister did get bitten by a jellyfish. One of the staff members tended to her quickly and was very caring. There was also a gentleman who took a video the entire day and would take pictures if wanted. I would defiantly do this again and highly recommend. It was a beautiful day which made the day even better.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank beachlovercan
Ontario
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have done this trip each time I've been to Cuba and I absolutely love it. I like being on the Catamaran with Michael as he is just a lot of fun to day trip with. He keeps the people happy and love dancing along with them all.

Relaxing trip, great lunch, great sailing, love going in the water with the Dolphins and I hate to leave and I always diddle dally to be the last one out of the water. I would do this trip twice in one vacation at least if people would go with me :-) I never tire of this trip on the CAT... love it!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank katkanuck
Johannesburg, South Africa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A wonderful excursion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I took the catamaran out to this tiny island. There was booze on the catamaran and on the island!

The excursion started off with a dolphin interaction which was really special, for a 10CUC tip the instructor will allow you to swim with the dolphins.

This was followed by snorkeling off the coral reef, for a first time snorkeler this was a wonderful experience.

A delicious lobster lunch was served on Cayo Blanco followed by some beach time. The island is beautiful, warm and serene. It was definitely the highlight of my trip to Varadero.

Visited October 2013