“Great Dive School!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club ScubAzul

Club ScubAzul
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Matanzas
More attraction details
Owner description: sCUBA zul Dive Center is the newest and most diversified Scuba and snorkel club in Varadero-Matanzas, Cuba , fully licensed by Cuban government. ScubAzul offers courses of all levels with certifications from CMAS & ACUC,,, So, Don't worry if you've never had your toes wet before, the team is there to hold your hand. From helping you getting in a wetsuit & the pool lesson to when you are living the dream...shake your head...you are breathing underwater! Like a fish! WOW! We dive in many different sites. Amazing night, cavern & cave dives are available to spice things up for the more experienced. ScubAzul can arrange packages to suit your particular needs. Including accommodations, food, excursions, tours, photo & videography as well as Underwater Weddings! We thrive to arrange unforgetable vacations!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Dive School!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Gotta be honest, this guy was ace! Door to sea service with saftey in mind. Well kept equipment and great personality!! Would totally recommend and for newbees....go with this guy and his son! Group sessions are not a patch!

So, after looking at a few reviews of scuba schools in cuba, we went for Rene. It wasn't on our tour and over an hour away from our nearest stop but the reviews were too good to ignore. Not disappointed!! Rene was a real gent! We were, (in our true style) late getting up and filled in the size form incorrectly but Rene was cool as the temperature was hot! We headed off from our place to the dive site in a nice car and were infomed of the detail and history as we travelled. Have to say, Matanzas should be visited! Rene spoke highly of it and you should check out what it means! So, the diving....Ace teaching for beginners, awsome diving with coral and fish. Recommend moskito repellant!! Rene was so accommodating and offered coffee and juice at his house after. We stopped for lunch at a roadside shack that served the best pork sandwich!
Thanks Rene! Would have went again but we were out of cash!!

Jamie and Heather

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jam0catfish
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Glad you enjoyed your sandwich too.. :) . Cheers! Peyman

Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Missing certificates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter and son attended a scuba diving course at Varadero last summer. The course was fine, with nice people, - they were very satisfied. The certificates was promised to be sent to us when we came home to Norway. We still havent received them.....
My daughter has tried to contact them via e-mail, I tried to call, and have also sent another e-mail.

My son is now 12, so you can imagine his dissapointment re. missing certificate..

Visited July 2012
2 Thank JuneNorway
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review. Your 3 stars is puzzling.
You wrote me late last week and I replied to the effect that the club will find the missing certificates or will issue new ones. Please remember that communication and mail with Cuba is very slow & unreliable. Cheers!
Fort McMurray, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“VERY patient teachers!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I go to Cuba every year and this year I took my 3 kids. They have never been diving before and my daughter isnt much of a adventurist to say the least....but she tried it. The guys picked them up from the resort and were very good to them. They came back with smiles on their faces and a camera full of pictures. Thanks again ScubAzul for making my kids vacation that much more exciting. Cheers!!! Im sure we will be back soon.

Visited April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. The club thrives to have your 100% satisfaction.
Please let us know, as how we could deserve your 5 STAR vote. Cheers! Peyman
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time with Club ScubAzul !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great time with Rene. He took us snorkeling at Playa Coral and Bay of Pigs. The weather was very good so the viability was excellent - a lovely turquoise, clear water. We seen so many colorful fish and the Coral was fantastic. During our Bay of Pigs trip we had a fantastic lunch at a local Cuban home, where we ate crocodile, lobster, crab, venison and of course drunk a lovely fresh mango juice. Also Rene took us to his house to meet his family, they are really friendly and his sons are very professional and experienced divers. It was a pleasure to be around and we had lots of fun. I highly recommend them: http://www.clubscubazul.com/ I wish them the best of luck.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank JJarzyna85
Thank you very much to take the time to write. We appreciate your kind words. Peyman
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“First class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I spent three days diving with ScubAzul,3 dives with Rene and 2 with his Son Sadi,and had a fantastic time,probably the most relaxed diving I have had,on all five dives it was just myself and either Rene or Sadi who are both very relaxed competent instructors/guides and spent a lot of time pointing out intersting species and Coral.on one dive with Sadi we actually spent 70 mins underwater,by far my longest dive to Date,and on one dive with Rene who had offered to take pictures with my Camera (he is a pro underwater photographer) I was joined for 25 mins by a shark sucker who was either trying to attach itself to me or swimming along beside me,it obviously thought I was a shark :) I was initially a little freaked out as the do look slightly shark like ,but as I could see Rene smiling I realised all was fine and enjoyed the company of my new found friend.

I dont want this to sound too much like and advert but there service really was superb,the dives at Coral reef and Bay of Pigs where outstanding albeit both shore dives,I was collected ontime every day by either Arsel or Louis both top blokes,thanks guys and given a fantastic lunch after diving the Bay of Pigs and educated on the history of cuba on the pleasant drive across the Island.

Rene also arranged and overnight stay and guded tour of Havana,his son Sadi and Louis accompanied us for the tour which was fantastic and then dropped us at the Hotel where Rene had driven 2 hours from Varedero to meet us and make sure the check in ran smoothly,which it did :) He also reccomended a night club that was truly Cuban for our group of 4 to party away into the early hours,we where the only tourists there and it was a trully memorable night.

The next day we travelled back to Varadero with Louis and taken to Rene`s House/Dive centre for Coffee and to meet his family,

These guys deserve to do really well so if in Cuba do give them a try you will not be dispapointed,great value great diving great people.

Asta Pronto Rene

Visited May 2013
3 Thank waxer666
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your travelling experience & honored by your words.
Hope to see you guys again soon.