“Great diving in Cuba”
Review of Club ScubAzul

Club ScubAzul
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Matanzas
More attraction details
Owner description: sCUBA zul Dive Center is the newest and most diversified Scuba and snorkel club in Varadero-Matanzas, Cuba , fully licensed by Cuban government. ScubAzul offers courses of all levels with certifications from CMAS & ACUC,,, So, Don't worry if you've never had your toes wet before, the team is there to hold your hand. From helping you getting in a wetsuit & the pool lesson to when you are living the dream...shake your head...you are breathing underwater! Like a fish! WOW! We dive in many different sites. Amazing night, cavern & cave dives are available to spice things up for the more experienced. ScubAzul can arrange packages to suit your particular needs. Including accommodations, food, excursions, tours, photo & videography as well as Underwater Weddings! We thrive to arrange unforgetable vacations!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Montreal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great diving in Cuba”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Private diving clubs are now available in Cuba. René, his family and friends have now been operating for 2 years, under René 20 years diving experience guidance.
They know all the good spots, their equipment is of international standard, they limit the number of divers per instructor to 3-4 persons maximum, and they are very kind and helpful. Plus, if you go to Pigs Bay, you will get a wonderful treat in a great local restaurant.
We had 6 fantastic dives in spectacular coral landscapes.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Marie-Claude B
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
We are thankful that you took the time to register and write this review.
Hope to see & dive with you again soon.

Contrecoeur, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best scuba in Cuba”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hola !!!

Go to the Bay of pig...period

Ive been diving with Rene and his son last week at the bay of pig. This is simply the best experience you can do, forget about other diving compagny they will put you in a big big bus with way too much other diver (often unexperienced) and they do this only for money. With Scubazul, you will be a very small group (we were me, my diving buddy and Rene only) So you will have plenty of time to empty your bottle and not going up because only 1 have been breading to fast. And Rene and his son know the reef by heart, they will show you the fish you didn't notice and they do this because they love it, they are very friendly people.

Also they have a very good equipement, Mares regulator, Mares BCD, everything look new and in good condition. You can only bring your wrist computer if you have one, their gear if good.

And if they ask you if you want to go eat at a restaurant for 10$ say YES !!!
We were so well serve, the food was absolutely fanstastic, first time ive been eating crocodile, so good !

Big thx Sani and Rene !!
From Quebec/Canada

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Benoit G
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We hope to see you again soon. :)
Edmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snorkeling, scuba & tours”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a fantastic time with ClubScubaAzul in March 2012; in fact it was the highlight of our entire trip to Cuba. Rene took us snorkeling at Playa Coral, followed by a tour of Matanzas and a wonderful lunch. After that, we went to the Bay of Pigs & learned basic scuba diving from Orestes, who was an excellent and patient teacher. We also managed to fit in a fantastic lunch at a local home kitchen during our Bay of Pigs trip, with the best food we had on the island during our entire trip.

These guys are a lot of fun to learn from, and they are very flexible if you want to customize your outings (e.g., get a tour of a town near your dive site). They are a very professional & safe outfit and a pleasure to be around.

Ian & Vikki, Canada

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Vika_P
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for remembering our little club and writing this review.
We are pleased to know that you and your family had a great experience with our family.
Hope to see and dive with you guys soon.
Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Dive for my First Time!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had a super time for my first dive ever!!
Rene was an excellent instructor and was patient and very clear with his explanations. He acted in a very professional manner and I felt that I had no worries. He continually checked to make sure that I was OK with no problems.
I went on 2 dives and had a wonderful time. He took me on a tour of the coral reef off the shore of Playa El Coral. It was amazing!
On my second dive his son, Sadiel, took pictures and make a great video!
My second dive was better than the first and Rene showed me even more interesting things.
I would go back to Cuba just for the diving with Rene!!

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Frank_10000111
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure for our team to make your stay in Cuba more than just a vacation. We look forward to dive with you again, soon! Cheers.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First Time Scuba Diving”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I were in Cuba to get married in March 2012. During our stay, ourselves and a few of our guests decided to go scuba diving.

Only 2 people from our group of 7 had been scuba diving in the past and were well experienced.

Our dive-master (I cant recall his name) was great. There were no communication issues and he seemed very knowledgeable.

The equipment was well maintained.

We did the full day at coral beach. Our first dive took longer than expected to actually start. Some of the people in our group were having issues with the weights and could not submerge. After we got it all sorted out we went for a shallow dive.

I wish the photos had been taken for this dive. Unfortunately, it was a rather windy day when we did our dive and the shallow water was too rough for myself (I was quite nauseated). I chose to sit out the second dive with 2 of our group (one was experiencing bad legs cramps and the other was having problems regulating his breathing).

The photos taken on the second dive were simply amazing! Looking back on my experience now, I wish I had toughed it out and done the second dive.

Our group all agrees that it was a wonderful excursion and that it was clear that all the employees are passionate about scuba diving.

Thank you so much for providing our group with memories to last us a lifetime!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MrMrsC2012
Joker007, Guest Relations Manager at Club ScubAzul, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write this review.
Our team is honored to have had a share in making your time memorable in Cuba and on your special occasion.
We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps on an anniversary! Be well & happy.