“Gracias Mandy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Villa Sonada

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matanzas
La Villa Sonada
Nykoebing, Denmark
“Gracias Mandy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Mandy " le grand entrepreneur" was just as grand as last year. He never forgets a promise, the success does not change him, he sees to every detail even though he now has bought the house next door and is busy making more rooms. Gracias Sr Mandy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eva196

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Mallorytown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

After arriving in Varadaro there was a 1957 Chevy waiting to taxi me down to Matanzas and Casa Particular. Upon arrival I met Mandy my host and enjoyed a couple cold beers than went to bed. Next day had a great breakfast with other guests and received a number of suggestions of things to do from the host. He also took special time to let me know of things to do and not to do. Took a taxi with other guest to an amazing park, the ride was to be $25 return (payable on return). We got picked by a very pristine Scoda from the 1930 s. The ride was very scenic and upon arrival we discovered another world in truly enchanted Forrest with beautiful river flowing through and many hiking trails Took a man powered rope ferry across the river to visit a bar restaurant on top of the hill. Truly unique place and very peaceful. There were also ruins of an old port dating back to 1700 hundreds. At end of the day our ride back was late as his beautiful car broke down and we got a ride in a beaten up Lada and had to hold door shut by hand. Arrived to a spectacular fish dinner and enjoyed some nice Spanish wine. At night Rolly (one of the helpers) took me out to a popular Disco near Varadaro. I had a great time and I could see that Rolly and his friends kept an eye on me all the time. Next day again a spectacular breakfast: fresh fruit, juice, eggs ++. Spend the day exploring the town of Matanzas and many little shops, bars and restaurants. Dinner was great again and everything was fresh. At night I went downtown to check out the night life. Met quite few people had a great time absolutely safe and not one single problem. On my final day I had another spectacular breakfast and Mandy arranged for a Taxi to take me to Havana. I had not pre-booked anything and after a couple phone calls Mandy instructed the driver where to take me in Havana. I have traveled a lot and visited a lot of places – never did I meet anyone as hardworking and hospitable as Armando (aka Mandy). He has two rooms he rents out as of now, but bought the building next door and the construction has begun for three or four more rooms. I spend one more night on my way back from Havana – fantastic dinner under the stars on the roof top patio, good night’s rest and another healthy breakfast next day. My flight was not leaving until 2 am next morning and I was welcomed to stay at his place until then. I spend most of the day wondering around the town had dinner at Mandy’s and just relaxed the rest of the evening. I am a co-owner of a resort and I learned a lot from my host in the few days. If you really want the real Cuba this is the place and the person you need to start with! I would be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have! Almost forgot - Mandy arranged for us to get VIP seats at a baseball game - not much a baseball fan - but this game was great!

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean one as private bathroom - other has shared.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kramnumber1
Tisdale, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at Mandy's casa for a wonderful week in Jan 2013. Our private self-contained bedroom was airy, comfortable and spacious. We enjoyed 7 deliciously wholesome, varied evening meals on the terrace. Coffee to die for as were breakfast of fresh fruits-juice, choice of eggs, cheeses, meats and breads. A safe, friendly neighbourhood. Mandy's genuine hospitality is second to none. Matanzas and area has plenty to enthrall visitors. Stay at La Villa of Dreams.

Room Tip: One large room with shared bathroom. Other room like a suite with private bath.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
California, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was in La Villa Sonada, for my vacation on January 2013 was excellent services good food, and the place is absolute wonderful and placement I will back to stay there for other vacation I personally recommend this beautiful place thank you to the owner for his hospitality

Room Tip: All the room are contribute
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Mandy knows hospitality, good taste and beauty! La Villa Sonada is heaven right here on earth! The accomodations were immaculate and such atmosphere and ambiance! I had some of the best nights of sleep ever awaking rested and ready to go out and explore the beautiful colonial streets of Matanzas. The staff is very warm and friendly. Dining was delicious and Mandy is a top-notch source of information of making your Cuban travel experience enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: Any of La Villa Sonada's rooms are excellent. Just ask Mandy to see them or check out the pics...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food there was amazing and Mandi is very accommodating to each individual. Love his dog as well! Not to mention his parrots:-) The diversity of people he serves made things interesting and I had the best of experiences, I would recommend his Casa in a heart beat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carl S
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

A guest can not ask for better. The house is meticulously clean and quaintly charming. The service is designed for a King and Queen. You will feel pampered in so many ways and Mandy himself tries to accommodate any request. Mandy and staff are dedicated to making their visitors feel welcome and go above and beyond to make everyone's experience of Cuba a memorable one. They are great ambassadors for Cuba. Thank you for all the wonderful memories and delicious dinners on the Terrace.

Room Tip: Phone ahead for reservation. Cuba is busier than some would believe. No gym required as there is l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie4459
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matanzas
Starfish Cuatro Palmas
Melia Varadero
Melia Varadero
#6 of 63 in Varadero
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,755 reviews

Been to La Villa Sonada? Share your experiences!