Arrived to find that myself and my husband had been allocated a twin room, however we had been given a sea view when we had paid for inland view, I was not happy and went straight back to reception to be told that this is what Olympic holidays (don't book through Olympic, complaint regarding 4 changes to flight time being processed i.e ignored at the moment!!) had booked us, I was given keys to a different room and told to have a look and see if it was satisfactory, this was a much nicer and larger I was more than happy with this room so excellent customer service from the start. The only bad part about this room was that the bed was very uncomfortable but speaking to other people this seemed to be the norm.
The pool area was lovely and spotlessly clean, the pool is rather deep at one end but there is a kiddie pool and a life guard on duty, sun beds were plentiful and comfortable and with 1 parasol per 2 beds there was no fighting over shade. The jetty into the sea is nice to swim from and the sea is beautiful, clear and blue if a touch cold this early in the season.
The staff in this hotel are wonderful, friendly and accommodating especially the reception staff and Takis from the restaurant . The meals are brilliant and there was not one sitting that my husband and I struggled to find something tasty to eat, the food is of a very high standard, fresh and constantly being replenished. A bottle of champagne and VERY BIG birthday cake complete with sparklers was delivered to the table on my husbands birthday completely free of charge and a lovely touch.
The location is out of the way but this is exactly as we like things, car hire (smallest aval) was 41 euros a day from the guy in reception and as the island is small we managed to see everything of interest to us in one day on around 10 euro's worth of petrol so don't go filling the tank.
If the beds were more comfortable this hotel would have been pretty spectacular place to chill out but we didn't feel rested and refreshed in the morning just tired and stiff. I feel that it is a shame that something so easy to fix spoilt our stay making it so that I would not return to this otherwise lovely, friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki, Greece