We am writing this review a little late - so apologies!
We booked the Iberostar as somewhere for ourselves and family to stay when we went to Zante to get Married. We wanted somewhere All Inclusive so that it wasn't difficult to eat, drink without a debate as to whose turn it was :o)
We went with Olympic and they also arranged our wedding. As our date was not until 3rd October they subcontracted this out to a local wedding company. Sandra our wedding co-ordinator was fabulous and took care of everything for us.
Right back to the hotel - we were in a superior sea-view room which was lovely and big and had amazing views of Kefalonia. As many others were staying I did see other rooms and some in the blocks around the pool were much more modern than ours as they had obviously been refurbished. I guess they might have got around to the sea view rooms too by now.
As it was All-Inclusive we had most of our meals there, although we did eat out quite a few times in the two weeks as the buffet did get a little tiring. We made it through the first week ok, it was the second that was a little more challenging as the nights came around again. I had no complaints about the food though, we did however always go when it first opened so it was all fresh. You could always get a drink - beer was on a tap that you helped yourself. We did go to some of the entertainment which was not too bad (bingo, karaoke) although we never quite got to the exercise ones ;o)
We tended to walk into town in the day and taxi at night. The walk was not too bad but at night it was on a busy, bendy road. There was always plenty of taxis in the centre and it was about 5 euros each way - as we were with a big party though we always filled the taxis which was not bad.
Our wedding reception was in the Olde Vineyard which was on the way to the centre but off the main road by Bouka Beach. We also ate there several times and the food was fantastic. It was a great find seeing as we chose it from the Internet before we had ever been. The actual reception was amazing - the food was great, we had greek dancers and music and everyone really got into it.
Overall a great holiday for us - obviously as we got married. Feedback from others in the party would be that they wished it was in the town itself and not on the outskirts. Otherwise a nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki, Greece