PREVIOUSLY WROTE THIS REVIEW BUT RECORDED IT WRONG HOTEL (SORRY)
took holiday here on 13th May 2007 for 1 week and what a treat.
we upgraded to the superior sea-view rooms and they were stunning with exceptional views of Kefalonia and mainland Greece. Location was excellent and we were last on coach and looking at other hotels on route we did start to worry what ours woud be like.
it was very quiet while we there as was early season but weather was good and staff very attentive, entertainment staff were great and evenings were very enjoyable.
Food thoughout was great and beer and wine on tap was delightful to help yourselves with.
Couldn't actually find any fault at all with hotel and only disapointment came with a day trip (unfortunately holiday rep told a few porkies about length and duration) to shipwreck as sea was rough and boat trip lasted all day while being held hostage on a small boat with extortionate bar and food prices (ex. €0.40 for coke in shop and €2 on boat.)
walked into town on most days and worked out different routes via clifftops and the like. hired a car (little jeep) for one day and although island is relatively small only covered the south side.
wouldn't recommend for young families as pool is very deep and lots of steps around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki, Greece