1,160 results
All reviewsmain buildingentertainment teamolivia barpool barconference roomprivate poololive treesinternational brandsgarden viewsunbed situationevening entertainmentgolf buggymain poolpools are greatpanorama barstage arearemove towels
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed At the beginning of the season in May 2011 and we were 2 of 9 guest's when the hotel opened for the season! Because of this we felt like royalty for the first 4 days, food was amazing, fresh meat, salads and themed nights. My girlfriend has a few allergies and the chefs were very helpful at avoiding potential issues. The weather was nice, sunny enough to sun bathe but chilly out of the sun and rained at night a couple of times. The pools very cold but warmed up the longer we were there. The beach wasn't great but I can imagine its nicer once the season goes on and you can go in the warm sea.
The activity team were just starting up but were great if you wanted to get involved with aerobics etc. They did some cool themed show nights but I think it can be hard to please everyone, the only shame is that the music stopped about 11pm so once you've had the show and a few dinks you couldn't have a boogie.
The pools and slide etc were great, very clean and slides were great fun- even for adults! They also served drinks to your sun bed- nice touch :)
You also had a great drinks menu in all inclusive, some cocktails, nice local beer- wine wasn't amazing but we can be picky about what we like.
This is a great place for a relaxing holiday, the area is very quiet so not too much to do if you want to go out of the coplex but with good food and drink you don't really need too...

• Stayed: May 2011
6  Thank ALLOMATE
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Along with my family (4 adults and 2 small kids), we went to Eleon in the middle of September for a small vacation of one week.
The resort it's not very big, the hotel beach is quite small and not too sandy. The water is very clean, and small fishes can be seen along the shore.
Unfortunately, although we had reservations for 3 rooms with sea view, we were checked-in on a separate building, 2-3 minutes away from the main building, not so pleasant..we had a view to a corn land..we could see horses, cows..even hear a rooster. The receptionist assured us that the mistake will be solved in a few days, but no other rooms were given during our stay.
The rooms were clean, towels were changed about 2 times/day. In my room there were just 2 twin beds joined, although we made reservation for a king size bed and an infant bed for my child. It was for the first time when I saw a minibar functioning, but empty. We announced to the reception about the missing bed and the empty minibar, and they solved the problem, even brought us fruits in the room (I discovered that the empty minibar was not a mistake, all the rooms were like that).
The food was tasty, but the breakfast was too repetitive, but I can assure the families with small children that they have a variety of dishes to feed their small kids. The coffee was poor, I saw people removing their cup when pouring, just to serve a strong one.
They served bottled water, but no sparkle one, only soda by glass. I was disappointed of the drinks they served, and for example, a glass of squeezed oranges was about 5-6 EUR.
When we arrived at the hotel, it was between lunch and dinner time, and they weren't serving any other food but chips and peanuts. We were hungry, and was quite annoying for our kids. The man responsible with the restaurant area told us that we had to wait for dinner (2 and a half more hours), and that there was nothing he could do. We offered to pay for some food, but he refused. Not a very good impression.
If you are looking for a relaxation holiday, Eleon might be the solution, as more than 80% of the tourists were reading and just relaxing by the pool.
We had no problem with the chlorine in the pool, but I was surprised to find out that the pools were opened from 10-18..there were people laying in the sun earlier, but the little aqua park was closing at 6 p.m.
About the entertaining team..they were ok, I think they did their best, but it wasn't something amazing (maybe because they weren't so many after all). When they had the Disney night, with all the children, it was madness, because kids were small, and not all of them understood English :).

It was not a bad experience, but it wasn't our dreamed vacation for the summer.
If u are a more active person, u must definitely take the trips around Navaggio, the Blue Caves, Korakonisi island, Laganas station or Keri beach. We have rented a van to take these trips.
Hope u will have at Eleon the vacation u are looking for!

4  Thank ralu_seby
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My friends & I stayed here the first week in October. We had great weather, & thought the hotel was lovely. There didn't seem a lot to do in the surrounding areas although it was ideal for a relaxing holiday. We had quite a lot of ants in the room although it didn't affect our stay too much. The food was nice, and so were the cocktails, all included. The major flaw with the hotel are the pools. Although stunning, they really REALLY stain your swimwear. Within a couple of hours on one occasion i noticed my white bikini had turned yellow, I complained to the staff by the pool, they told me to tell reception. When I checked out 2 days later, I took to reception the 3 bikinis that had been ruined by the pool, for which they took no responsibility for, even implied that I was making it up. I'm really disappointed by this, what was a really nice holiday ended on a sour note caused by bad customer service from the management. If you stay here I recommend you wear black swimwear, and don't expect the hotel to take responsibility for damaging your swimwear. There are other reviews on here from people with the same problem, as it's a recurring issue you'd think they'd do something about it. I've been to many a holiday destination and never had this problem before.

Room Tip: The junior suites by the pool were nice and i think bigger than the normal ones, ask for an upgrade when you get there, you never know...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rebecca w
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel late September 2011 for 2 weeks. This will be our 2nd visit to the hotel and again the Eleon Grand met all our requirements and more. That mixed with fantastic weather made our stay even more enjoyable. We had booked two superior rooms and were upgraded to Junior suites which was a nice surprise. We cannot thank the hotel and staff enough for the fantastic service and food that we received during our stay and will definitely be recommending the hotel to family and friends for future holidays. I will be returning next year for sure. Please don't listen to the negative reviews, this hotel is superb............

5  Thank mazza37
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here in September 2011 and there was a large group of us who had different experiences and opinions on the hotel. Hotel was spotless in communal areas and pools are lovely and not overcrowded at all. Sunbeds did get busy but we never had an issue obtaining one. Plenty of areas to choose from and also the small beach area to use.The issue with the swimwear discolouration was annoying but when given a proper wash on arriving home all our items returned to normal colours!!! We travelled with children and there were plenty of parasols avalable to offer shade to the little ones.
The food selection was pretty good and I think most people would be able to find something they like. Plenty of fruit and salad available which was nice in the hot weather. We always asked for a bottle of water with our meals and then took this away with us as the bar charged for bottles of water as it is not included in all inclusive deals.
Our room was large and clean although we had a hole in the ceiling where they had miscut the light holes and we did have a problem with ants in the room. The bed was comfortable but we were dissapointed to find our room had two single beds pushed together instead of a double. free safety deposit box and towels changed twice a day. The hotel also provides pool/beach towels which saves space when packing!!! The fridge is a good size and very handy and the balcony was a good size. Our view was not great though and our bottom floor room had no balcony wall so children could run out as there was no confined area. We ended up not using this area because of this and the hotel were unable/unwilling to help us with this issue which was dissapointing.
The bar selection is fab and cocktails are lovely. All inclusive ends at 11 and at times the staff tried to stop us ordering double amounts of drinks for after this time but they were not very successful in this!!
I would definately recommend the hotel but would not say it was 5 star. It was also not particularly well suited to children as there was not that much for them to do. Entertainment team were very friendly but it would have been nice if there was a bit more variation. Also the entertainment and kids club etc are away from the main hotel area which was a bit of a pain at times. Taxi's are easily available if you fancy a change of scenery and they are reasonably priced. Local bus is cheaper and nice as you can see more of the local areas.

Room Tip: Higher floors appear to have less of a problem with ants and have proper balconies which were nice. Had the opportunity to go into a junior suite which was lovely and would definately consider upgrading to these if funds allowed in future!
2  Thank tml3