We have just come back from a lovely week in Kos, in which we stayed at the Maris Suites. I have read some mixed reviews on this hotel so thought I would share my experiences. We booked an all inclusive package and overall had a lovely week, however there was a few disappointing bits about the holiday.
We arrived at the hotel to find the Maris Suite reception closed so we had to venture over to the sister hotel Hippocrates to check-in. The receptionist gave us our key to the suites and sent us on our way with little information about the hotels, throughout the stay I found the reception and some of the restaurant staff to be not much help at all. More information on what is and isn't included at the hotels would have been a great help. The hotels and grounds were beautiful and very well maintained, there are a few very sweet cats that visit the hotel, and get very well looked after by the staff.
The room was not a suite at all and just consisted of two single beds pushed together and a few bedroom furniture (A bit disappointed as we had paid for the upgrade). However the room was very clean and was kept like this the whole stay by the lovely cleaner.
We ate out at both the Hippocrates and Maris hotels (Maris you had to book for the evening meal) The food was nice however it did get a bit repetitive after a few days, they didn't seem to have a wide selection of foods throughout the stay, but it was good value for money. There is a wide selection of drinks on the bar and the staff are very generous on the measures :-).
The animation team was friendly and put on shows and quizzes most nights, plenty to do for everyone.
The location is ideal, 30 minutes walk to Kos town, or you can catch the bus that stops right outside the hotel.
Overall this is a lovely set of hotels, and I would most likely stay again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KIPRIOTIS MARIS is a luxurious but at the same time, cozy hotel conveniently located in Psalidi area, just 3km away from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. With a bus stop directly in front of the hotel and a cycling path extending to the town centre. Kipriotis Maris makes the best choice for sightseeing lovers. Separated from the beach by the coast road alone, this 5 star property features comfortable and spacious rooms built in bungalow complexes all around the pool and garden area creating a fantastic setting ideal for relaxing and luxurious holidays. The property features 144 luxurious rooms including 9 rooms designed for guests with special needs. All rooms are very spacious with modern - easy living furnishing. They all have large verandas with view either to the gardens, the pool or the sea. Rooms are broken down in double rooms and junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Kipriotis Maris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Maris Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Maris
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Maris Kos/Psalidi