I have just got back from at 10 day holiday at the Maris Hotel in Kos. I went with a group of 7 and we had three rooms between us. We originally had booked in the Hippocrates Hotel but when we arrived we were told we had been 'upgraded' to the Maris. We were concerned that our rooms wouldn't be what we had wanted but he were extremely thrilled to find that our rooms were three rooms next to each other and were twice as big as we expected or needed!!! We had been expected two single beds pushed together for a 'double' bed but we walked into our room to find a KING sized bed! The bathroom was big and everything worked perfectly! We had a lovely view of the pool and enjoyed sitting out on the Balcony. We decided to have our room cleaned every other day and this was enough! The hotel in general was immaculately clean which was very nice to see from such a big, busy hotel!
The food was also better than I had expected! Apart from being slightly cold the food was all very fresh and very tasty! Even for the most picky eater, you will be able to find plenty to eat. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive and always prepared us a table of 7 as soon as we walked in. The Hipppcrates Bar was a lively, friendly place to be at all times of the day. The pool table was very popular and so was the darts machine. The bar staff were very nice and always friendly! The free drinks did end at 11pm but they would make sure everyone at the bar got a drink before shutting, so normally it was open until at least 11:30! The Maris bar, was slightly quieter but also extremely friendly and they had a tv on in the evenings.
The facilities were of a very high standard and if they did get broken, they were fixed within 24 hours! The Table Tennis Tournament (organised by the Animation Team) was so popular and such a nice break to sitting by the pool! The evening entertainment was generally very good and varied every night! For younger kids there was a mini disco every night which was also run by the Animation Team. Everyone at the Hotel was so friendly and we made a lot of friends there! We rented of bikes for 5Euros to cycle to town which was a lovely 15 minute cycle along a safe cycle path. There was also cheap cars to hire and quad bikes.
I had the most amazing Holiday and had nothing bad to say about this Hotel! I would 100% stay at this hotel again, although I wouldn't go in April again as the rain did ruin some possible days out! I would suggest this hotel for couples, older people, families and group of friends! Absolutely brilliant and so much better than expected!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KIPRIOTIS MARIS is a luxurious but at the same time, cozy hotel conveniently located in Psalidi area, just 3km away from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. With a bus stop directly in front of the hotel and a cycling path extending to the town centre. Kipriotis Maris makes the best choice for sightseeing lovers. Separated from the beach by the coast road alone, this 5 star property features comfortable and spacious rooms built in bungalow complexes all around the pool and garden area creating a fantastic setting ideal for relaxing and luxurious holidays. The property features 144 luxurious rooms including 9 rooms designed for guests with special needs. All rooms are very spacious with modern - easy living furnishing. They all have large verandas with view either to the gardens, the pool or the sea. Rooms are broken down in double rooms and junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kipriotis Maris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Maris Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Maris
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Maris Kos/Psalidi