“Good stay, friendly cheerfull staff!! Some small issues though !”

Aegean View Aqua Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Aegean view hotel for a week ! Our room was situated near the top of the hotels hill, we had our own private poor right outside our room :) The room itself was quiet big with two cupboards a dressing table a small fridge and small TV ! The bathroom was clean and fresh towels where provided every other day! The food was lovely it was typically Greek with some attempts of English food thrown in for the less adventurous! The staff where very helpful in telling me which food was vegetarian and making sure there was an option for me ! there was only one night i struggled to eat we arrived to dinner quiet late ! The animation team where friendly and encouraging and great with kids, here was play areas and play schemes and all sorts for children and would recommend it to any families. There is a bus that goes from reception at various points to the beach, and right next the the beach is the small town with many shops and interesting market! I recommend you go on the boat trip provided by the hotel for 15 Euro I think it was, the view is amazing ! You can book this at reception ! We have a small issue in the middle of our holiday, i usually placed all my jewellery in the safe after we returned to our room on a night however one evening i was tiered and left it in my make up bag on the vanity table ! It was forgotten about till the next evening when i realised it was missing we searched the entire room top to bottom and it was no where to be found ! we made a complaint straight away to reception and the older lady was very helpfull and said she we contact her boss ! the next morning we spoke to the manager who told us she would investigate !! However later that day when i was getting ready i found the necklace had been replaced in the make up bag, i would like to make it clear that this make up bag was emptied about a hundred times with everything inside checked. We reported to reception that we had no doubt in our mind someone had replaced it but would like to take it no further as to not disrupt our holiday, a woman with dark brown hair was very rude and spoke to me as though i was stupid and it had not at all been stolen even though me and my partner had searched the room ! The next day the manager asked to see us as she had not even been updated on the return of the necklace !!! this was very upsetting and angering! However i dont want to tell this story to put you off i just want everyone to make sure the purchase a safe on arrival and make sure you put ALL of your valuables in the safe !! Other then this the holiday was good, except one of the animation team boys from the top slide pool calling me a stupid little English girl and accusing me of not wearing proper sun cream, i was wearing P20 ! Everyone fair with fair skin knows when you get to hot you can turn a bit red and it not be the result of a burn ! I explained this to him but he was extremely rude further called me stupid at which point i walked away ! I didn't let this ruin my holiday, Kos is a wonderful town with lots to do ! The scenery was beautiful, although i came across some issues the hotel itself was lovely and i wouldn't let it put me off going again or recommending it to a friend.

Room Tip: If your coming with a family the rooms nearer the bottom of the hill would be good as although the b...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Torilicious
There are newer reviews for Aegean View Aqua Resort

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Transfer was a nightmare and all the fault of the rep. Be aware there are 2 Aegean Hotels and we were taken to the wrong one. Late at night and £50 down we had to get a private taxi with another couple to our hotel!
Food is varied and the themed BBQ was lovely, my only real comment here is could be a tad hotter.Remember your not in England so if you want english food dont go abroad..... Doh.
Rooms are a little basic but large and very clean with good air con.
Kos town is well worth a trip and go late afternoon early evening to see it at its best.
All inclusive was a total bargain and i am happy with what i paid and what i got at under £350 for a week in June you can not complain... well some can.
Evening entertainment was the usual but one night was very good - name that tune had and i mean had everyone joining in and did i laugh.
Staff are friendly enough and small tips always ensure good service

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zara-Mark1966
Reviewed November 8, 2011

...however we dont think we saw this hotel at its best as it was very late in the season. Late October is not the time to go to this hotel as there were only 78 guests. This might be appealing to some but there was a distinct lack of atmosphere as everything had been scaled back to the bare minimum. That said there were some positives and some negatives which had nothing to do with the time of year. I booked a junior suite and upon arriving at 5am with my daughter and my fella we were greeted very nicely with a drink and a sandwich, I was impressed at this point but that lasted a matter of minutes as when we were escorted to our suite it turned out not to be suite at all but a room with one double bed that all three of us were expected to sleep in and the room smelt so badly of sewage it made me gag. At that time of the morning I put up and shut up but complained to reception first thing, we had to wait until 12 to be moved but were and to a very nice suite. Nice that was until my daughter slipped on the varnished stairs ending up in huge amounts of pain. The pools, of which there are a few(badly maintined but several) were too cold to swim in (unless you have had a few after dark and then it is prohibited!! and you WILL be hauled out by security) and if you fancy anything other than wine or beer before 6pm you will be left wanting. This hotel does not have the all inclusive concept right. We were provided with a free boat trip as it was the last time the boat was sailing this season but we all soon became very suspicious this might be more to save money by shipping us out for the day with a sandwich but no drinks avaliable(chargeable or not...nothing) It was actually a lovely bay we went to but would have benefitted from being there for the day and not just 2 hours. The entertainment is all interactive so you will only get out what you put in. The hotel also charged to keep the room which having arrived v early and were also leaving in the middle of the night thought would not apply to us, however it did. When I complained reference the conditions of arrival there was no movement, it was only when I pointed to the Trip Advisor sticker on the window and made a comment did we get the room gratis. Food was bearable, sometimes very good but sometimes not and dont leave your plate unattended if you want to keep it. The manager was often seen picking at the buffet with his fingers which put me off a bit! Brilliant view and lovely cats....if you like that sort of thing! I would not stay here again

Room Tip: Junior suite not up on the hill as mammoth walk to the only bar. Do not wear socks on the stairs...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Trishfish8
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Aegean view for 2 weeks at the end of August. Our initial impression was good until we were taken by buggy to our room. As a family of 5 we had requested 3 bedrooms . The third bedroom was little more than a porch and , as our holiday progressed , we discovered it doubled up as a home for lizards and a spawning ground for Mosquitos. We enjoyed the food, entertainment and pools but were deeply troubled to see the staff so overworked and visibly afraid of the owner of the complex and his daughter. They shouted at staff in front of guests and generally treated them in a despicable way. For this reason we would not go back to this resort. There were other issues, such as health and safety around the whole complex but especially in the dining hall. On the whole we felt we got what we paid for , but definately wont be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011
8  Thank Bluemooon64
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We booked a sea view junior suite. These give direct access to one of the main pools and are reasonable well appointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The package was all inclusive, however this did not include spirits untill 6.00pm and finished at 11.00pm. After that you had to purchase any drinks you required. The food was acceptable but not very Greek and tended to be a mixture of roast or casserole meats. the main vegetable is chips. Lunch is normally a beeter choice than dinner. Fine for a week but would get a bit samey for a fortnight. Entertainment is provided by a team of two who work very hard. They seem to be particularly good with children. The location is spectacular, with views of Turkey and 10 minutes by bus fron Kos town (every hour 1.2 euros)
If you cna get a good deal then worth a try but more 3star than 4

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the higher levels unless you like a stiff walk. However during high season the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David F
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I guess we've all seen the mixed reviews on here but all I can say was that I found the whole experience very enjoyable.

We had a nice welcome ( after a grueller of a trip from the Airport!) - taken by buggy to our room which was up the hill from Reception and had great views across the Aegean to Bodrum. Our little block of apartments had their own pool which we didnt use as the main pools had plenty of sunbeds and some quiet corners to hide away in!The views from the pool and bars were breathtaking and it was a great place to sit with a beer in the late afternoon after a hard day in the sun!

The Animation team were Dutch but catered equally for Brits and Dutch with a few Italians thrown in. They were never pushy and we particularly enjoyed the afternoon coffee quiz and the evening entertainment was often quite good - especially the Ouzo Ouzo music quiz!!

The food was always of high quality and it really felt as if the Chef had tried really hard to make the dishes tasty - it certainly far exceeded the often bland fayre that is served up in many AI hotels.If I had the slightest critiscism its that there was no dress policy at dinner and most people turned up in shorts and T shirts - some looked like they just come back from the beach! Maybe I'm a tad old fashioned but didn't understand why people don't make an effort!

No problems getting drinks at the pool bar or in the dining room - quite acceptable white wine and beer.

The staff were polite and helpful with a special mention for Thalia at Reception who went beyond the call of duty on a couple of occasions.

Did the Boat trip - absolutely excellent. Lovely trip to Pserimos - lovely little island with a white beach and a few Tavernas - bliss. Food was good on the trip and overall for 15 euros was a complete bargain.

It's an easy journey into Kos town - take the hotel bus to the beach then a 20 minute stroll to town.

Overall I'm very happy with my holiday to Aegean View - really can't fault it and will consider a repeat trip!

Yamas!

Room Tip: We paid extra for a Junior Suite which turned out to be way too big for the two of us but would be g...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tedtoote
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Agree with all the positive reviews posted so far. We were similarly met at 2.30am with sandwiches and drinks and driven to our room, number 111 which is halfway up the hill.

These rooms (110-117) are lovely if you want a relaxing time in your own pool, own bar and fab views. The rooms are sizeable and comfortable and everywhere in the hotel is spotless.

If you want more action, and more choice of food and drink, spend your days by the main activity pool where there was never any problem getting a lounger no matter what time of day. To be fair, I stayed the last week in September so maybe this is not the case in high season.

Food was really good quality, especially for the price, and also plenty of veggie options. The entertainment was OK, not amazing but this is not a key thing for us. Bingo each night was good fun and help-yourself cocktails were nice.

We reported a broken light in our room and it was fixed immediately. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I should imagine this place would be superb for kids and we definitely plan to go back.

Room Tip: 110-117 if you want a peaceful getaway. Ask for "in main resort" if not.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LorraineP_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Hotel Atlantis
Hotel Atlantis
#12 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Aegean View Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!