“Would recommend to anyone! A step-by-step guide...”

Alexandra Beach Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We went in mid-August, I am 19 years old and this was my first holiday away without my parents so I was a little apprehensive, having watched a program on the BBC a week before about bad european hotels that are supposedly 4*!
I have to say though from the moment I touched down in Kos I couldn't have been happier!
The transfer was fairly efficient, though we were some of the last to be dropped off so it did take us over an hour in the coach, however with us being tired from waking up at 5am we were more than happy to sit in the gorgeous air conditioning whilst watching the breath-taking mountains.
When we got there there were a few added extras to pay for, though in all fairness we didn't really do our research and should have asked beforehand rather than assuming what we had included. The air conditioning was (I think - can't remember exactly!) about 5 euros per day which was well worth it considering the heat at night! Wireless was around the same, and we had to pay for a safe aswell that was downstairs, which was slightly inconvenient though probably safer considering it was in front of reception which was open 24 hours.
I have to say I would definitely recommend an apartment which was what we had, with Thomas Cook this did not cost that much extra considering you get an extra room with a couch, dining table + chairs and a kitchenette with a toaster, sink, hob and kettle aswell as cutlery and a small dinner service.
The breakfast isn't brilliant; fairly basic continental (though I am a fussy eater!), but if you're a fan of cheese, ham and bread and boiled eggs every morning it shouldn't be a problem. If you're not however, this would be where an apartment comes in handy, as you can go to the shop which is literally opposite the hotel and buy a box of cornflakes which isn't expensive.
The pool is lovely too, though I would recommend going to put your towels down on your favourite loungers at about half 9, otherwise you dont really have the choice as to where to have a lounger! The pool is lovely and cleaned daily so no need to worry about a dirty pool.
The maids come in every day from about 9 onwards I think, they are LOVELY, so friendly and cheerful, and every time I came back I found my teddy bear propped up very nicely on my pillows or put in some other cheerful position which I must admit was a nice touch!
The rooms as a result were always clean and tidy, with fresh towels and linen three times a week. We did have a bit of a problem with ants though sometimes, but this is just the country, not the hotel. Just don't leave things on the floor and don't leave crumbs and you won't have a problem!
As to eating, don't go to the restaurant across from the hotel (Garden BBQ?) as although it is fairly nice, 1 starter, 2 mains, 2 small desserts and 3 small soft drinks cost us 47.50 euros! If you can afford it fine, but if you have a budget I wouldn't recommend it!
There is a very nice hotel if you turn left out of the hotel, then turn right onto the coast road, it is the first on the left, something Tavernas it is called, the tables are on the beach with a FANTASTIC view of the sunset and the sea, and there is a very friendly but very hyper waiter who is really nice, and it was definitely the best value for the best quality food, we went back there often throughout our stay!
We didn't however do any excursions, but some people we befriended did and they seemed to enjoy it and had no trouble. We did go into Kos town one time, if you turn right out onto the coast road again and before the Tavernas restaurant there is a bus stop, take the number 1 bus which costs 1 euro each and takes about 5 minutes and comes every 15 minutes. Otherwise taxis cost about 6 euros. Kos town is lovely, with lots of cheap knockoffs that are simply delightful! :)
However if you're looking for golden beaches, Psalidi is purely stony except for the man made ones which charge for loungers. Though we were perfectly happy with the poolside, I think they do do an excursion to one of the most beautiful sandy beaches on the island so there is the option of that.
The rep isn't at the hotel, but they do give you a number for them so they are contactable. Make sure you check your phone before you go abroad as I went with Orange and had no service full stop as I didn't realise you had to add a European package for £2.50!
All in all a fantastic break that was needed and I fully enjoyed; our balcony, although didn't have a sea-view had a fantastic view of the mountains. I would definitely go back again as it was basic and clean, with fantastic and friendly staff everywhere who were more than willing to help you whenever you needed it :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeckiBraveheart

Reviewed August 24, 2010

It's close to the pedonal part of the village, has good rooms and it's clean and quite cheap

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

First of all, I would like to warn TripAdvisor.com and its readers. There are two *separate* places under the name Alexandra in Kos: one is the Alexandra Hotel, located in March Str 25th, at the very centre of the city and the second is the Alexandra Beach Hotel & Apartments in Georgiu Papandreu Street at Psalidi region. This site contains the photos of the first one but map of the second one. Also some of the visitor comments belong to the first one and others belong to the second one. The same confusion exists in similar sites like TripAdvisor.com.

We stayed the first of the abovementioned hotels. The one in the city, very close to the harbour. It is clean, lovely, comfortable place with a good service, warm and helpful staff and a very reasonable price. I recommend it for a quiet and calm holiday.

Kos is an excellent place to visit. You can find any kind of entertainment you wish in Kos. It has very beautiful beaches like the one in Kefalos, Kamari as well as the ones in the Kos city, has opportunities for boat tours to other Aegean islands and also to Bodrum, which is another great place, a very rich night life, remarkable archaeological places, very delicious foods etc and all of them are not so expensive.

Hotel Alexandra is suitable for couples at any age, families with babies or teenager children and singles. It is true that it may not be suitable for families with children who seek all day activity in a single location.

The breakfast was acceptable although not so rich. The pool was very small but who cares when wonderful beaches at two direction are only ten minute walking distance? Also a good improvement would be a free wireless Internet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank MustafaEsitgen
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We are just back from the alexandra beach hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location.. 5 minute walk from the port in the centre of the old town. The beach is a ten minute walk away. The rooms in the hotel are ok. They were kept very clean. The best thing about this hotel are the views from the rooms...looking back over the habour and the castle...absolutly stunning!!! Unfortunatly during our stay the were numerous groups of VERY loud party people which woke us on numerous occasions each night :(

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We stayed at the Alexandra Beach hotel and had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly & helpful, the hotel was clean and location wise it's perfect. It was just a short walk to the bus stop, the tavernas and bars in Psalidi and within walking distance of Kos Town. The pool had plenty of sunbeds although it did tend to get busy later in the afternoon. Breakfast options were limited but it was fine and its what you tend to expect in Greece or Turkey.
We come back to Kos again and again and I would definitely want to stay at the Alexandra Beach every time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna_D_10
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed October 16, 2009

• Stayed: October 2009
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 15, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Niriides Beach Hotel
Alexandra Hotel
#91 of 219 in Kos
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

Been to Alexandra Beach Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!