Having just returned from another séjour at the Grecotel Kos Imperial, 3 full weeks this time, I am again heartily recommending this hotel to all. (although I do see many comments that this is more suitable to families, and I would partially agree, I would still come here as a couple)
Food - top notch, excellent
Accomodation - very good - improved wt addition of new flat screen TVs that have USB adaptor input so can just bring along your HD and watch your own movies/programs (esp handy if you have children)
Facilities - excellent
Environs - excellent
Staff - as always, friendly and will do everything in their power to accomodate your requests.
To address some complaints seen in other reviews:
- Russians... hmm - OK, yes there are MANY of them. But then a few years ago, it was mostly Germans, and before that, it was Brits. Anytime you have a dominant group, others will find reason to complain.
The one complain that is valid, is in regards to the behaviour of their children. They are unruly and not controlled, and the parents (the persons whom are actually responsible for them) do absolutely NOTHING to control them.
The staff are not there to control your children, and if they tried, they would guarantee a major scene. Perhaps the management has a role to play to remind parents of the ettiquette expected at a 5* hotel though...
- Animation ... certainly not as good as last year, but not very far off. I dont understand what people are expecting - Cirque Du Soleil ?? Get real. These are very good AMATEUR entertainment animation team. They do a fantastic job looking after the kids, and they put on a good show most evenings.
My only critique would be that perhaps they should try and encourage/force more interaction from the hotel residents - because sometimes, we need a big nudge to get up and get active.
Lastly, a general comment to people going to the Kos Imperial, or to any other Kos hotel... Get out. Get out and see Kos town. This is a lovely little town, nice shops, cafes and general ambience. Hotels are great, but dont go and spend every hour inside the confines of the hotel. go and explore, go eat at a few local tavernas, and sample the greek nightlife.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Kos Imperial Psalidi
- Hotel Grecotel Kos Imperial
- Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel Psalidi