We traveled as a couple independently to the Ramira Beach hotel for 10 nights in October and booked mainly based on the reviews on Tripadviser.
Firstly the good things
• The staff are nearly all very friendly and helpful and a great credit to the Hotel.
• The two girls serving drinks in the lounge in the evening were both excellent and great with the guests.
• The rooms in the main block are of a good size are cleaned and maintained to a very high standard daily
• The air conditioning work well
• The shutters on the veranda doors kept out light well so you can sleep late
• There is a wide variety of good food but it does not change much over 10 days
• The animation team are all very good, work hard and are very friendly and outgoing.
• The location means you can easily cycle into Kos town – bike hire is on site
• No shortage of sunbeds at this time of year
• The Chinese restaurant was good.
• You can use facilities of other Mitsis hotels free of charge – the Mitsis Blue domes in Kardemena is simply amazing and more like a 6 star- except the pools are SALT water and very cold. Nice sandy beach though.
Not so good in Hotel
• The beach is very stony, and gets deep quickly and so not good for kids (not a lot they could do except to import sand.
• The pool was SALT water, very cold and so hardly used by anyone during October. We had good weather of 28 degrees all week. They could choose to heat it and use fresh filtered water. We would not come again based simply on this point.
• The towels although changed regularly are of a poor standard as are the beach towels.
• The tap water is brackish so do not brush your teeth with it ( there should be warning signs not to drink) – they did supply plenty of free bottled water though
• The paid for internet is awful and don’t except to watch anything that requires decent broadband speed. I paid for what was advertised as 4 Megabyte speed and doubt if it was 10% of that speed.
• The TV had awful reception and there were very few English speaking channels
• They do not spray for mosquitoes that I saw and so people were always being bitten. If you cannot spray use electric mosquito machines.
• Charging 30 Euros to keep the room until 6pm seems a bit excessive
• They should install coffee machines in the restaurant and pool bar so you are not always queuing for coffee during the day at the pool bar and waiting for a top up at meal times. I agree its good service to also have waiter served tea and coffee but guests should have the choice. This would even save them money on waiting staff.
• They should also install soft drinks machines in restaurant and pool bar so guests can help themselves – lower cost and less time queuing again
• The queues for crepes were just silly. The lady doing them was lovely but insisted on cooking each one individually and fresh which is great except in a full restaurant when one could just not be bothered to queue. - just another queue
• Only one toast machine – another queue ( Tip – have more than one)
• Only one fresh egg station – another queue.( Tip – have more than one or prepare some in advance)
• Choice of desserts were a bit limited and almost the same every night compared to most hotels we have stayed in.
The overriding issues seem to be the number of times you have to queue for so many things in the hotel (this is October and so I would be very nervous about peak season) If the management looked at points they see guests regularly queuing and solve them -this it would be a vast improvement.
Having said all of the above the very friendly staff, location and cleanliness outweigh most of the negatives and most people seemed happy with their holiday as reflected in the overall reviews.
It’s a shame to write negatives about a generally well run hotel but all of the above could be solved very simply by the hotel at no real major cost (except maybe heating the pool – but what are happy guests who return especially at low season worth).
The management just need to pay more attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAMIRA BEACH HOTEL represents the epitomy of service in a unique 5-star beach hotel. Located only 3.5 km from the city of Kos, you can easily visit the town while staying fit by either walking or biking towards it, starting from the beach in front of the hotel. The all-inclusive RAMIRA is designed to fulfill the expectations of the most demanding guest, offering high quality services in a secluded and quite setting. Guest accommodation includes 338 rooms, of which 16 with an individual swimming pool, all finely decorated and equipped with all modern comforts. Both for guests looking for action holidays and those wishing to relax, Ramira offers a variety of selected recreational activities for all tastes. Seawater swimming pools, a tennis court, beach volley, beach soccer, mini soccer, mini golf, air hockey, hockey, darts, fishing lessons, cycling, trekking and many other activities, such as horse riding, paintball and diving are some of the the things you can enjoy while staying here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramira Beach Hotel Kos
- Hotel Ramira Beach
- Ramira Beach Kos
- Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel Kos/Psalidi