“Fab holiday!”

Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have just got back from a 2 week holiday at this hotel and we were very impressed! There was an Italian and a Chinese restaurant both were really good and broke the 2 weeks up instead of eating in the main restaurant every night. The food in the main restaurant was really good quality the only complaint we have is that it isn't very hot unless you have something that is being cooked fresh e.g meat on BBQ. The rooms and overall quality of the hotel was great with even a free mini bar in your room which is included if you're all inclusive. It's perfectly located 2 mins walk from the beach where the hotel has half dome shaped sun canopy's which are no additional cost and a great beach bar serving really nice kebabs etc. The hotel has a fantatsic entertainment team with shows or something on every night. We hired a bike and went into Kos town which is only about 1 1/2 miles away along the front and is flat all the way. Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Nichola35

Reviewed September 23, 2013

we have just come back from a two week all inclusive at the ramira beach in kos. Food was really good especially the chinese, had the 6.30pm sitting we stayed in there until around 8.15 no rushing at all. Italian was ok but the waiter in there was not as nice as others. Our room overlooked the main pool in the hotel exellent views over to Kos town and the harbour and sea also could see Turkey. Only one complaint about the pool it was very deep started off at 2 metres and went up to 3 metres deep also the steps going down into it were slippery so watch out. Room was cleaned very day and clean towels, fridge in room was filled every other day with two bottles ot sparkling water, 2 pepsi,2 orange,2 lemonade, 2 beer and 1 wine also large bottle of water. Room also had tea and coffe maker but had to buy our own coffee as when we used the first two packets they werent replaced. we also had slippers and towelling bath robe. Animation team were brilliant expecially flo. they were so welcoming but if you didnt want to join in they left you alone. good shows in the evening also. in the dining room the lady making the pancakes was a really nice woman she loved making different shape ones my husband had one made of himself, a heart mickey mouse donald duck and just a plain one. cant fault the hotel at all would definately be going back . Also forgot to mention when you are sitting around the main pool there is waiter service for drinks so you do not have to get up off your loungers. and the snow white bar in the night is open untill 2.am for all inclusive drinks.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 468 overlooking the main pool area .
6  Thank bevj100
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have recently returned from a week at the Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel in Kos (the first week in September 2013) and felt compelled to write feedback as we had such a positive experience. This is a large hotel complex with two swimming pools and a section of the beach for use by hotel guests with a beach bar. Despite the size of the hotel we both found the staff incredibly helpful, in fact nothing was too much trouble. Throughout our stay we had the type of personal service you would expect from a much smaller hotel, with staff recognising us, remembering what drinks we liked and taking the time to be friendly. All food and drink is included in the All Inclusive package, even at the beach bar. The food selection was great and a visit to the pancake lady is a must – she is a real character. At the end of the week I even had a goodbye hug from the restaurant manager – a first for me!

The hotel is ideally suited a short distance from Kos town. My partner and I both jog and the jog into town took 30 minutes, so I’m guessing a walk would take 45-60 minutes. There is also a bus stop near the hotel, however we took advantage of the very cheap bike hire being operated from the hotel entrance – for 3 Euros a day you could have a bike until 8 pm, which we thought was a bargain. The bikes were fabulous and I would have happily taken mine home (there is no need to pay 5 Euros for a newer bike).

If I had to find a criticism, it would be about something outside of the hotel’s control, which was the high winds. Because the resort is right on the north eastern edge of Kos it seems to be windier than other resorts we visited – although I understand from hotel staff the winds were unusually high for September.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

9  Thank 52Amanda
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel clean and nice.area not to far from town but a few staff in the food area a bit rude and arrogant. If you do the Chinese buffet book the 8.30pm slot as the 6.30 is rushed and didn't enjoy plus the crispy duck is like chewing gum. Other than that had a fantastic stay with family and friends and there no 2 drink rule at bar so order as much as you like it won't get you drunk anyway!;-)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rickystefano
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked last minute through On the Beach, it took me 4 days to find the Mitsis Ramira Beach, after reading the some of the reviews I was slightly apprehensive, but felt that they were all very consistent so I felt I went prepared knowing what to expect, I bought some beach shoes, knew about the sun bed problems and food issues was prepared to suck it up and accept the hotel for what is was(according to some of the reviews) however I have got to say that I was totally blown away by the service, the cleanliness and attitude of all the staff at the hotel. We simply loved our stay here. Big bonus mention are as follows.....

The Animation Team-

Mikey, Flo, Alex, Ania, Jo Jo and Janya were absolutely brilliant, they work very hard and very long hours, but they always have a smile on their faces. We were encouraged to take part in whatever we wanted to do and felt no pressure to get stuck in. We participated in a lot of the games and my husband particularly enjoyed the Archery and Riffle shooting with Flo, my daughter loved being involved in the games and the team made her feel very special. We loved Bomba by the pool every day, which got everyone involved and thought the presentation of the lions head and cloak were a good ego boost for anyone who won one of the several competitions laid on daily! We also really enjoyed the shows- so much work goes into this and you can really tell- We loved that the animation team all came out after the show to mingle with the guests and speaking to everyone- was a great personal touch. they truly do make the hotel feel like a very special place.

The Food-

Whilst some might complain about the food I would say that I found it to be more than edible- there was a great choice for all nationalities - although the only thing I would like to see more of is chicken and less fatty meats but other than that we ate very well, lots of choice and my daughter adored Efi the pancake lady who made her pancakes and waffles every day, she treated her as if she was her own child. Special mentions to all the waiting staff too- all friendly and service was always with a smile and they were very attentive to our needs. We LOVED the chinese restaurant- one of the best we've had and we also enjoyed the Italian restaurant- they both made a nice change to the self service as they were waiter served. Im not really sure why people did and have complained about the food, yes sometimes it can be a bit samey but what do you expect when you are catering for over 300 people- I feel some people have nothing better to complain about, you actually get what you pay for so if you expect 5 star then maybe you should pay more money for your holiday and stop complaining- the food I would rate as 3/4 star so not fantastic but definitely good value for money and edible, but seeing as I didn't pay £5k for my holiday I wasn't expecting to eat like the king.

The Staff-

Faultless, helpful, friendly, attentive and made us as family feel extremely welcome - special mentions to George our waiter around the pool- he works long hours and is always on his feet but he made sure we were well looked after with drinks so a big thanks to him! all the staff around the main pool bar work tirelessly to keep everyone hydrated although some gets were very rude to them which annoyed me, however they were all very professional and always offered service with a smile. Marianna on front of service at the restaurant was so lovely and always had a nice big smile and was so sweet. The manager Dimitriss was always on hand if there were any queries and we found him to be a very helpful and approachable manager. A good tip for other nationalities there- speak to someone as you would wish to be spoken to- I have never met so many rude arrogant people, and the poor staff are still expected to be polite, so please make sure you acquire some manners before you go- and before anyone passes comment we met some fantastic people from all over Europe, not just England- unfortunately there are rude people from all nationalities..

The Location-

If your looking for a quiet location but with easy access to Koz town then this hotel is very well placed for it- as other reviewers have said, you can catch the local bus take a walk or do what we did and hired bikes for a very small charge- The fact that this hotel overlooks the beach was a big bonus for us as we love the beach- I thought I would be disappointed that it was a pebbly beach but actually because I had brought beach shoes with us I didn't mind at all- actually it was nice not to have sand everywhere.

The rooms

Cleaned daily, stocked every other day and lovely happy cleaning ladies. Adequate for our family of 3, Beautiful bathroom towels stocked daily, LOVED the black out shutters- always felt like the middle of the night at 10 am in the morning, air con was extremely efficient and effective only gripe- poor tv reception but seeing as we not on holiday to watch tv all day it didn't matter too much.

The Pool

This was the least favorite part of my stay- I really didn't like the salt water pool as my eyes were very sensitive to it, however did it ruin my holiday? no! My daughter played in the pool with her new found friends all day and if I wanted a quick dip thats all it would be, so although a negative it didn't ruin my holiday- I would like to see it be a chlorine pool though as its much nicer.

Top tips

Towel hire was 20 euros so budget for this- you will get it back on return of towels
If you want a Sunbed just ASK at reception, not complain to your fellow holiday makers- you will get one
Beach shoes are a must
Hire a bike its well worth it
Go to the shows- they are good fun and well organized

Overall we had a FANTASTIC time- a holiday is what you make it. We had a broil time and would highly recommend this hotel and the Mitsis chain of hotels to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in 116- great view and lovely room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank sarah w
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice break at the Ramira Beach. In agreement with other reviews, not a 5* but a comfortable 4*. Food can be a little repetitive, would have been nice to have more choice.

Kos Town is recommended for shopping and sightseeing however the shuttle buses can be a little cramped.

Definitely take beach shoes due to the pebble beach. We preferred the beach to the pool, the beach-beds had good canopies which doubled up as wind-breakers as when we went it was a little windy and reading by the pool was nearly impossible.

The animation team are top-rate, especially Jo-Jo, very friendly and approachable; in fact all of the staff can't do enough for you.

Value for money break.

5  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed September 8, 2013

All the staff at this hotel are very friendly, reception,waiters,bar staff,animation team,restaurant staff (especially the pancake lady and the egg and bacon lady who loved my wife's smile :)) and the cleaners who kept our rooms spotless (poor lady had to cope with our messy daughters in the other room).5 stars for all of them.
The food was nice and the 2 themed restaurants were good.Snacks at the bars were good such as hot dogs,toasted sandwiches and cheese pastries and cake.The beach bar did burgers and chicken wraps,chips etc.
Entertainment was good,the team work very hard and are a credit,very friendly.
The white party by the beach was the last one of the season was good but a shame it did'nt carry on for a few more weeks.(we were there from Aug 26th for 10 days)
Stoney beach which was fine especially as the sandy one we visited in Tigaki beach was like a sandstorm because we had a few days of unusually strong winds.It was nice there though.
Kos town was lovely with nice shops and restaurants etc.The buses run there from the bus stop outside our hotel supposedly every 15 mins but one day we waited for an hour then decided to get a cab for 9 euros.Bus fare is 1.50 euros.
Found the bus drivers a bit rude at times especially when a poor elderly man tried to stop him just as the bus was leaving and he did'nt stop for him,just ignored him with a wave of his hand.(this happened to me too).
You can also hire bikes and quads and there are allocated lanes for the bicycles but be aware if you're walking as the bicycles suddenly appear and you have to jump out of the way!!
Zia mountain/sunset excursion was great with some lovely restaurants and shops.
The pools were salt water which was ok although very cold!
A small pool which was right by our room was our favourite which we used all the time which had a bar with snacks.Loved the way the barman joined in with the boomba dance by the pool :)
The small pool was also the shallower one with a jacuzzi in the corner, the larger pool was very deep.
A big thank you to the hotel for giving us a ground floor room after i emailed them requesting it.
It was perfect.
The only reason im not giving it 5 stars is due to the location as its quite isolated and although the bus stop is right outside, the walk would have been too much and the health of my wife meant we could'nt use the bikes.
There is a bar outside but it was quite expensive and just 1 shop outside.The shop inside the hotel was fine anyway.
Also it was a shame you could'nt get a coffee after midnight even when 1 of the bars was open till 2 and there was no coffee in the room,but there was a kettle and cups.
So to sum it up,would i return? YES.
The staff of the hotel were excellent and thank you.

Room Tip: our room by the quiet pool was perfect, rooms 603 and 604
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Kipriotis Village Resort
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa

Been to Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!