We stayed at the Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites in October.
The first thing to say is that there are a number of hotels/apartments within this complex some are 4 star and some are 5. The Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites is the best of the 5 stars being at the top of the hill with the best views.
We stayed in an executive suite. There aren’t very many of them in the hotel and they are exactly twice as big as a normal suite. In the additional space they have two sofa beds. Unless you are in a big party there isn’t much point in booking this type of room as the only real advantage is the additional sleeping area and a double balcony. One good point was the bed. It was HUGE. Easily 7 feet wide.
Do not be fooled, this is an all inclusive hotel. If you are not on an all inclusive plan there it will be very expensive. For a small soft drink/beer at the pool bar you will be paying E3.50. The choice of drinks was the normal all inclusive stuff, cheap wine (the white was really bad) ‘Vap’ beer and local (cheap) spirits.
All inclusive food is served in the large dining room. There was lots of choice as long as you like salad. The food was quite bland and lacked any real taste. We ate in Kos town a few times which wasn’t really a problem as there is a bus that takes you into town from outside the hotel for 1.30.
The hotel looks quite impressive in the common areas. The pools were nice with lots of sun loungers. Our room and all the common parts were clean.
We went at the end of the season (mid October) and the entertainment in the bar had stopped by the end of our holiday which was fine as it was very poor.
The hotel staff were, on the whole, very rude. Everything was too much trouble for them especially in the dining room. The bar staff were by far the nicest people.
Another problem which reflects this poor attitude was the heating in the bedroom. There was a period of quite cold weather and the nights were cold. There was only a sheet on the bed (no quilt etc) so we put the aircon hearing on. Cold air came out. I thought it must be broken so rang reception. I was told that despite the aircon unit saying it did heating and cooling the temp was actually set by the hotel and i had no control over it! The reception said it wasn’t cold (despite the fact that the Greek people had hats scarf’s and coats on). We weren’t offered any solution until i asked for blankets which were then brought to us.
All in all this is quite an average hotel. The service was quite poor which is inexcusable at any hotel. It’s not what i would call 5 stars, more like a good UK 3 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi