1,482 results
All reviewsrooftop barhalf boardturkeykos towntriton restaurantsister hotelsea viewthe busjunior suitered sky barreception staffroom safeplenty of sunbedsthe hotel shopper daysouvlakimain restaurant
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Kipriotis Panarama. Had a great time, hotel was lovely and spotlessly clean. Food was varied and of a good standard. Location for the beach was perfect and if you do not mind a nice walk 30 - 40 minutes, you can walk into Kos Town. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I travel extensively and therefore have stayed in 100's of hotels and when I read some of the negative reviews for the price we paid, I wonder what planet some of these people are from! Only criticism is no heated pools. Would recommend this hotel and will return ourselves in the future.

Room Tip: Go for sea view if you can afford it
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were at Kipriotis panorama suites last week and were extremely disappointed with the general ambience, very lack lustre and agree with other reviews regarding the staff and service. Quite obviously the poor staff are worn out and very much looking forward to a rest, like most of us do, so I would suggest it would do everyone a favour closing the end of September not October. The happiest members of staff were the domestics and what an excellent job they did in our room every day. The corridors at night were noisy, I realise that's just inconsiderate guests but if you are a light sleeper it doesn't make for a peaceful night.
We were All inclusive guests, reason being you can judge your expenses, supposedly, however certain drinks were not included on the bar menu, a cappuccino was but a latte wasn't however the cappuccino was more expensive! Couldn't make sense of that. Most drinks were expensive. The dining room was like a school canteen and wholeheartedly agree with regards to the uninterested staff.
The beach was not idyllic but nice enough if your preference is around the pool. A lot of the beds were broken and you needed the strength of an ox to open the sun umbrellas. Overall I am in no doubt the hotel is ready for its winter overall and would strongly advise not to take your holiday there this time of year. It would be interesting to see any difference in service during the spring or summer.
A positive side to this hotel is the actual building, very impressive internally, clean bright and spacious. The rooms were very nice and the view was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RossyBognorRegis
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked Panorama Hotel and Suites stay in March for October for seven nights, as an 18th birthday gift to my little sister. We arrived at the hotel on Thursday morning to be told that "unfortunately" the hotel is now fully booked (!!) and we will be placed in a different apartment, which is also 5* and it's also a part of the resort. I was not happy. I spoke to Emilia at the reception (as I found later, the only, very helpful member of the front of house team!! Great woman, nothing was too much.. Any questions we had, she had answers for!! Thank you, Emilia), who spoke to reservations department and advised that we can move to the main hotel on Sunday morning. That meant we had 3 nights (almost half of our stay) in the accommodation other to what we have booked, which felt like 3* at most. The apartment we were given was part of Maris Apartments and even though it is claimed to be 5*, it just didn't feel like it. Front door was directly to outside, with a big gap underneath, which made us hear everything that went on outside (including some very noisy neighbours!), the back door was onto a balcony (which being on the ground floor and right next to the main road made us feel quite unsafe), there were ants on the bathroom floor and bathroom was flooded every time we had a bath, had to use all the towels to avoid water going to the room! It was a lot of fun (not!) lol. Also we had to walk over every day for our meals and other All Inclusive goodies to the Panorama Hotel. We have raised the issue of noise outside couple of times to the reception during first night, but nothing was done and it continued the next day. As a compensation for this big cock up (sorry, the only word that's fit to describe it), there was a bottle of red wine left in my room (we don't drink red at all), I was also offered free wifi (which I needed to communicate to the travel agent); however for one device only (!), which meant my little sister had no access. As we were checking out, I found out that we also had some vouchers for free drinks left for us (in a bar which wasn't part of the AI package), which no one has ever told me about, so I've ended up paying additional 25euro for drinks that the hotel "gave me as compensation". The service over all wasn't great (except for Emilia, who was phenomenal, she even organised bottle of WHITE wine as an apology). The restaurant staff were quite grumpy. Made us feel like we were bothering them with sitting at the tables they have just cleaned and covered. The hotel beach is covered with pebbles and very small. There is not much surrounding the hotel either. Taxi to Kos Town, 9euro one way or around 40-50minutes walk. We have rented bicycles and took a trip to Tigaki, much nicer beach there, lots of restaurants and small shops too:-) so overall we enjoyed Kos; however, it wasn't thanks to Kipriotis! Next time I would look for a hotel closer to Tigaki, also hoping for a better service. (There was a lovely hotel called Diamond Deluxe, maybe I'll check that out for next trip).
This just briefly sums up my experience with Kipriotis Panorama, please judge for yourselves. I hope it helps with choosing:-) x

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eva K
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We are enjoying our 6th holiday at the Kipriotis Panorama. Once again we have not been disappointed with any aspect of our holiday. The staff are very friendly and pleasant. The food is plentiful and varied. The meals are all buffet style with the Head Chef usually in attendance supervising or serving. The rooms are large and cleaned to a high standard. All in all another great holiday and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Although the property itself is stunning (acres and acres of land), huge hotel with nice architecture, the service and quality of food at this hotel is inferior and appalling. The receptionists and manageress are indifferent and complacent. They could not even help me book a tour, they simply handed me a map and told me to find the nearest travel agent outside or down town Cos who would help organize guided tours of the area.
The breakfast and dinner buffet were disgusting and vile. The ingredients were not fresh by any means and are of inferior quality. The cooked items were tasteless and bland. Instead of presenting nice Greek food, we were lumped with bland 'frozen' Roast beef and tasteless roast chicken and microwaved stuff as well as overcooked bland poor quality pasta, mushy vegetables and stodgy sauces. Even the Greek pickles were ghastly, too salty and non edible, cheese was creamy (not Feta), everything on that buffet was non inspiring and the bread was dry, stale and vile, just like school food. Our bedroom was massive overlooking the ocean, an amazing view with lots of potential but was drafty, freezing cold upon arrival. We begged reception to turn on the heating but our request was refused and denied. We tried to take a hot shower in order to warm up, but were upset to find out that there was no hot water at all. When i rang reception desk to complain, i was told that the boiler was unfortunately down, however, there was no available engineer to fix the problem that evening and that it had to wait to the following morning! I was forced to go to bed with my socks on and wearing the hotel's thick bathrobe to keep warm. I tried to sleep but could not due to the noise coming roof top bar, it appeared that there was some kind of drunken crowd upstairs rejoicing, shouting and partying for hours on end without consideration to other hotel guests. When i finally was about to fall asleep on the hard stiff rubber mattress (after long harrowing hours of tossing and turning) I was awakened by some small child belting out a nursery rhyme at 3:00 a.m. in the corridor outside my room, accompanied by his parents, who also joined in with the singing at their highest pitch. There was also a group of noisy twenty somethings in the foyer outside my bedroom playing cards, eating, drinking, giggling in a loud voice till early hours of the morning... I could not sleep a wink. By then i decided to interrupt our 5 days stay in this hotel, check out of there at my first opportunity first thing in the morning. Breakfast was a disaster as expected, the lifts/elevators, were preoccupied by small children fooling around. I had to wait for ages to get one up and down my room.
The beach/pool chairs were uncomfortable, most of them broken. I was not allowed to use the beach front since i was not on an all inclusive deal. The drinks by the pool were ghastly, watery and tasteless full of fizzy man made sickly sweet ingredients. Room service was non existent. No towels provided...
When i complained to the management about my bad experience, I did not get much joy, they came across as if they were not bothered with individual clients and were more interested in large groups on all-inclusive package deals. I finally found an amazing hotel the Aqua Blu as my escape from this hell of a place, and I checked out immediately at the first opportunity!
When i asked Kypriotis Panorama management to refund me for the rest of my 5 unused nights and uneaten half-board meals I was told that 'they won't be issuing me a refund' and that the money will be lost as result. I sadly lost all my money...To me, it was not worth it for me to put up with such inconvenience and discomfort for the next 5 days, forcing myself to eat bad food and sleeping on an uncomfortable stiff mattress in a cold bedroom, use uncomfortable sun loungers and having to put up with noisy inconsiderate hotel clients..
At least Aqua Blu made up for all this bad experience.
In conclusion, this place does give the impression of a five star hotel, amazing premises, but the service is 1 star, food is 1 star, everything about this place is inferior except for the premises and location. I even had a chat with a couple from the all inclusive customers, they also complained to me of the same, the lack of hot water every now and then, bad food, bad customer service, etc..

Room Tip: Sea View is best option
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SHERMINE54
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your impressions. We are very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations. With regards to your request about heating we would like to apologize but as we are a summer resort only, our air conditioning operates only in cooling mode - there is no heating function. It is extremely rare that temperature drops during the summer months, including the end of season. In case guests ask for extra covers we provide them with extra blankets in the room. Unfortunately there was 2 days within the month when it felt a bit colder due to a breeze. We apologize for any inconvenience. With regards to your views on our food and beverage provision we fully respect your opinion however we would like to stress that there are no microwavable items in our menu neither “frozen” roast beef as mentioned in your review. We would like to make clear that most of the items – especially vegetables actually come from our own production (we cultivate significant land) and meat and poultry comes from local farmers. Our menu changes daily following a 14 days rota. Many items are show cooked and the variety of our daily menu includes beef or pork, chicken, fish, rice, pasta, fresh salads and other accompaniments and specialty dishes. Although we have the best of intentions unfortunately sometimes it is difficult to please every single one of our guests.
We are always very interested in what our guests have to say so please be assured that we are going to discuss your comments further with the management team. We are surprised with your criticism about “broken sun beds” as we have never had any problems or got any relevant negative feedback. Again we appreciate that you took the time to write your impressions and we take this as an opportunity to re-evaluate some of our service elements for which you gave us your comments.