1,520 results
All reviews rooftop bar half board turkey kos town triton restaurant sister hotel sea view the bus junior suite red sky bar reception staff room safe plenty of sunbeds the hotel shop per day souvlaki main restaurant
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We are enjoying our 6th holiday at the Kipriotis Panorama. Once again we have not been disappointed with any aspect of our holiday. The staff are very friendly and pleasant. The food is plentiful and varied. The meals are all buffet style with the Head Chef usually in attendance supervising or serving. The rooms are large and cleaned to a high standard. All in all another great holiday and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Although the property itself is stunning (acres and acres of land), huge hotel with nice architecture, the service and quality of food at this hotel is inferior and appalling. The receptionists and manageress are indifferent and complacent. They could not even help me book a tour, they simply handed me a map and told me to find the nearest travel agent outside or down town Cos who would help organize guided tours of the area.
The breakfast and dinner buffet were disgusting and vile. The ingredients were not fresh by any means and are of inferior quality. The cooked items were tasteless and bland. Instead of presenting nice Greek food, we were lumped with bland 'frozen' Roast beef and tasteless roast chicken and microwaved stuff as well as overcooked bland poor quality pasta, mushy vegetables and stodgy sauces. Even the Greek pickles were ghastly, too salty and non edible, cheese was creamy (not Feta), everything on that buffet was non inspiring and the bread was dry, stale and vile, just like school food. Our bedroom was massive overlooking the ocean, an amazing view with lots of potential but was drafty, freezing cold upon arrival. We begged reception to turn on the heating but our request was refused and denied. We tried to take a hot shower in order to warm up, but were upset to find out that there was no hot water at all. When i rang reception desk to complain, i was told that the boiler was unfortunately down, however, there was no available engineer to fix the problem that evening and that it had to wait to the following morning! I was forced to go to bed with my socks on and wearing the hotel's thick bathrobe to keep warm. I tried to sleep but could not due to the noise coming roof top bar, it appeared that there was some kind of drunken crowd upstairs rejoicing, shouting and partying for hours on end without consideration to other hotel guests. When i finally was about to fall asleep on the hard stiff rubber mattress (after long harrowing hours of tossing and turning) I was awakened by some small child belting out a nursery rhyme at 3:00 a.m. in the corridor outside my room, accompanied by his parents, who also joined in with the singing at their highest pitch. There was also a group of noisy twenty somethings in the foyer outside my bedroom playing cards, eating, drinking, giggling in a loud voice till early hours of the morning... I could not sleep a wink. By then i decided to interrupt our 5 days stay in this hotel, check out of there at my first opportunity first thing in the morning. Breakfast was a disaster as expected, the lifts/elevators, were preoccupied by small children fooling around. I had to wait for ages to get one up and down my room.
The beach/pool chairs were uncomfortable, most of them broken. I was not allowed to use the beach front since i was not on an all inclusive deal. The drinks by the pool were ghastly, watery and tasteless full of fizzy man made sickly sweet ingredients. Room service was non existent. No towels provided...
When i complained to the management about my bad experience, I did not get much joy, they came across as if they were not bothered with individual clients and were more interested in large groups on all-inclusive package deals. I finally found an amazing hotel the Aqua Blu as my escape from this hell of a place, and I checked out immediately at the first opportunity!
When i asked Kypriotis Panorama management to refund me for the rest of my 5 unused nights and uneaten half-board meals I was told that 'they won't be issuing me a refund' and that the money will be lost as result. I sadly lost all my money...To me, it was not worth it for me to put up with such inconvenience and discomfort for the next 5 days, forcing myself to eat bad food and sleeping on an uncomfortable stiff mattress in a cold bedroom, use uncomfortable sun loungers and having to put up with noisy inconsiderate hotel clients..
At least Aqua Blu made up for all this bad experience.
In conclusion, this place does give the impression of a five star hotel, amazing premises, but the service is 1 star, food is 1 star, everything about this place is inferior except for the premises and location. I even had a chat with a couple from the all inclusive customers, they also complained to me of the same, the lack of hot water every now and then, bad food, bad customer service, etc..

Room Tip: Sea View is best option
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SHERMINE54
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your impressions. We are very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations. With regards to your request about heating we would like to apologize but as we are a summer resort only, our air conditioning operates only in cooling mode - there is no heating function. It is extremely rare that temperature drops during the summer months, including the end of season. In case guests ask for extra covers we provide them with extra blankets in the room. Unfortunately there was 2 days within the month when it felt a bit colder due to a breeze. We apologize for any inconvenience. With regards to your views on our food and beverage provision we fully respect your opinion however we would like to stress that there are no microwavable items in our menu neither “frozen” roast beef as mentioned in your review. We would like to make clear that most of the items – especially vegetables actually come from our own production (we cultivate significant land) and meat and poultry comes from local farmers. Our menu changes daily following a 14 days rota. Many items are show cooked and the variety of our daily menu includes beef or pork, chicken, fish, rice, pasta, fresh salads and other accompaniments and specialty dishes. Although we have the best of intentions unfortunately sometimes it is difficult to please every single one of our guests.
We are always very interested in what our guests have to say so please be assured that we are going to discuss your comments further with the management team. We are surprised with your criticism about “broken sun beds” as we have never had any problems or got any relevant negative feedback. Again we appreciate that you took the time to write your impressions and we take this as an opportunity to re-evaluate some of our service elements for which you gave us your comments.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

hotel looks first class, over booked first 2 nights so placed in sister hotel and neighbours talking till 6am each night. placed in main hotel after 2 nights and room fantastic. could not fault room cleanliness. food poor and poor cuts of meat with little choice. compensated by hotel whilst on holiday but only there 7 days so did not feel I had started my holiday until day 3. some restaurant staff seem quite bossy and angry. other staff were fabulous. will probably not return to this hotel.
I had visited the hotel previously years ago and it was much better then but was iberostar at the time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

came back last week after a 5 day honeymoon :) we stayed in a regular room and it was very nice: big bed, lovely bathroom, sweet balcony. the cons: poor quality & very old TV.
the hotel is very big, fancy, and welcoming. the staff was very nice & friendly, especially the bartenders & the receptionists. everything was very clean & looked new. regarding the food: we took the all inclusive and enjoyed every minute of it: huge variety, everything was very tasty and i believe that anyone can find a suitable meal for himself (meat lovers, vegetarians etc). drank lots of cocktails and had a great & yummy stay :)
last thing, the location: 2 minutes walk from the beach, about 40-50 minutes walk from the city.I recommend to hire a baggi/ carting car and explore the island. it's a once in a life time experience & pretty cheap too :)
something to improve: more evening/ night activities for the hotel guests... live bands, club free parties, games etc.
overall: i recommend it and would def go back there if i get to be in Kos again :)

Room Tip: high floor, sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in early October late at night we were told our room we had booked for 6 months had been double booked in which we had to stay in the Maris hotel for 3 nights. Bad start to the birthday break we had planned.

We weren't the only ones with there being numerous couples in the same situation, clearly bad management from the reservations team who I'm sorry to say preferred the €€ rather to book conference guests into everyone else's rooms.

we were compensated fairly throughout the week.

as for the all inclusive, it's great for a European hotel, best we have encounted, great choice but we're not to fussy especially when reading the other reviews.

pools are freezing so opted to dip in and enjoy the sun. Seems to be a repetitive complaint also.

Facilities in general, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the cleaners do a fantastic job, the restaurant service can be slightly slow at times.

Big thanks to Emilia and Chrysa on reception, lovely smilingly faces every day and made our stay comfortable and enjoyable daily.

If it's your first time here like ourselves I would recommend hiring bikes and going for a pedal to Kos town, that in itself is a beautiful place even if it was on the quiet side this time of year.

If your going to bring your children I wouldn't recommend this hotel, maybe the aqua park.

To summarise, if you don't look into things so much and just relax and enjoy your time here, it's beneficial, a lovely all round hotel. Thank you, I've had a lovely birthday and will most certainly recommend this hotel to others.

(413-03oct-10oct)