“Five star holiday”

Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have just come back from my holiday in Psalidi, at Kipriotis Panorama and suites. From the moment I set foot in this beautiful hotel I felt good. We were welcomed with fresh and nice smelling towels. Then we were greeted with cold drinks. Our flight was in the morning and the room was not ready. We knew that the check in was only at 14.00, so it did not bother us. We have received our all inclusive bracelets and we were explained all the details. The guy from the reception gave us also the bus time table and he answered to all of our questions. We left the luggage in a special room and went for a visit in Kos town. When we returned the room was ready. The bell boy brought the luggages to us. We have got a junior suite with an amazing view to the sea and Turkish shore. We had a large living a hall and then the room itself with one double bed and a single one. The ibalcony was huge with 3 chairs and a table. The room smelled very nice and everything was spotless. We paid for our safe 20 euros, it was not a big issue. Each hotel has its own policy. Same goes for wi-fi. We were informed in advance about all that. I did not found the furniture out-dated. On a contrary it was nice and well maintained. The bathroom was big and we did not found any mould spots. Everything was cleaned, paying attention to all the details. The towels were replaced on daily basis and the linen was changed every other day. Restaurant was very elegant, spacious, with a nice terrace overlooking to the sea. We loved eating on the terrace. The food was very good, with a lot of choices, maintained at a good temperature. There was always something nice to eat. The drinks were brought to our table, and this give a certain class to our meals, especially in the evening. The pool area was nice, with plenty of beds. We did had problems in finding one in the afternoon. The beach area was pretty enough. The only downside was the fact thst that the sea was not very calm. It had pretty big waves. Maybe in time, they can make a small gulf like they did at marina. We loved the way they celebrate my husband's birthday. I would like to thank to the team of this hotel for a wonderful job.Thank you for everything.
One last remark- in order to appreciate a really 5 stars hotel you need to be a 5 stars tourist-meaning that you should take care of the things in the room. Not to stain the carpets-it is impossible and expensive for a hotel to replace the carpet after each tourist.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2013

HOTEL: A very large lobby. Wonderful marble and comfortable lounges.

RECEPTION: Welcoming,smiling. The service is very good and the staff is calm even when customers are wrong.

CLEANLINESS: Everything was always clean and the cleaners all day cleaned everything

ROOM: Large,comfortable,clean. Amazing rooms with sea view. It is worthy to pay more money for a sea view room.

FOOD: Agreat restaurant,pretty good variety of food and good guality.

BARS: Good service, but the only bad thing is that the AI package ends at 23:00.

POOLS: 2large pools and always clean and always sunbeds available.

GENERAL IDEA: Do not listen to the bud reviews. Is really a hotel that you will relax and enjoy your holidays.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ES1956
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have just returned from another fantastic stay at the Panorama hotel with my partner, where we stayed on a half board basis, having stayed here for over ten years. There have been several nice touches for repeat customers which was a pleasant surprise, mainly the 20% discount card we were issued with whilst checking in. This gave us discounts in the beautiful red loft cocktail bar which we attended every evening to sample the cocktail menu, with superb service, where free wifi was available.
We also took advantage of the discount at the health spa on beauty treatments, and lunch at the Triton pool bar restaurant. An added bonus was the new restaurant next to the Zona Club which was called Mix and Match with a nice selection of food,drinks and live music during the evening.
We received the usual exceptional welcome from all staff in the main restaurant which makes us feel like we've returned to see friends and makes our holiday only more enjoyable. We feel that the food has improved from previous years again with lots of variety to suit all tastes.
As always we have had an incredible holiday and made new friends once again, we can't wait to return next year. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Junior suites with a view over Turkey are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is clean, and first impression of the hotel was very impressive. Views are spectacular and it is placed well to travel easily into Kos town. However................ the restaurant is very poorly managed and run. Tables are not prepared quickly enough (if at all) and if there are 2 of you and you dare to sit on a table for 4 you will be moved! People get their food and then have to wander around to find a table. Or you can find a table and then wander around looking for food!! There is a lot of choice for food, but is aimed at the 'continental' way of eating. Very multinational which in itself causes problems. I didn't think Brits were catered for at all. Staff are less than helpful and surly (if you can find any). The Chef (I knew he was a chef by his big blue hat) was talking in the restaurant to one of his staff and I excused myself and asked if I could have a teapot as there were none out. I was told not to speak to him or his staff because they were chefs and in charge of food. I asked who I should I ask he told me it should be kitchen staff. I pointed out that there were none around and he said 'I know my problem also' I was amazed!!! We asked for coffee at lunch - not available. Twice I had rested my knife and fork on the side of my plate and a waitress tried to take the plate away! The bar at the pool serves all day, but you will wait a long time to be served and then its by very surly and bad tempered staff. There is an À la cart restaurant on site, but they just do Asian, Lobster, Italian on a three day rota and you have to have everything that is on the menu so hardly À la cart!!. We tried the Asian night, rubbish food, rubbish service. I complained to reception, about all of the above, but felt that was as far as it would go! The bar staff were very good, friendly and kept us topped up with drinks. But BE WARNED all inclusive drinks finish at 11pm, but you can pay 8 euros per guest to continue drinking all inclusive, but the bar closes at 1.30 - not sure this is a good deal? The bar on the 7th floor apparently has fab views - according to their brochure, but its only open from about 7pm and is not all inclusive!! On the plus side you have to book out at 12 noon, but the facilities are available until you leave and there is a luggage room and shower available. Overall hotel is noisy and falls very short of 5* All in all I found that there is a total lack of information from staff, it is very hit and miss (one will tell you one thing and another will tell you something else). It is a big hotel that is missing so much! Big areas around reception, the bar on the 7th floor (I think its called the Red Bar) and lots of other areas that could be utilized for a soft drinks area. Overall, very disappointing for a 5*

Room Tip: get a room facing the sea for full effect
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank foxilady1945
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Before we arrived we imagined it would be another 5* hotel.We were wrong because after 1 week of vacation there we now wish it was our second home . Service was quick, the room spotless, the pools with crystal blue water, the food delicious ,the view unforgetable.Absolutely a splendid hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

To ALL my readers.

My wife Sofie and I have the travel bug inside, probably inherited. We’ve traveled to over 100 countries of the world so far, from Laos to Mauritius, Brazil to Maldives, Vietnam to the US, the North Pole to South Africa, Majorca to Taj Mahal, the Caribbean and Hawaii to the Greek islands and many, many more.

We have just arrived to the Greek island Kos. Unlike in Mauritius that a friendly welcome at the airport included an orchid necklace for my wife, we got another big welcome next to the carrousel of the Kos Intl. Airport Hippocrates. We got bitten several times by blood-thirsty mosquitoes while we waited for our bags. Alas, doctor Hippocrates’s Office was closed that the doctor would administer remedies.

When we arrived at the gate of the less-than-impressive 5-star “Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites” hotel we were greeted by a lazy-body gateman who showed us to a vehicle that resembled a mini bus. It was of an undefined color, filthy inside-out and old like a retired work horse. Carefully we climbed up and we were greeted by a happy-face, wide-grin, fast-talking, make-you-feel-great, truly 5-star driver who has been working for the company since 1986! Immediately we forgot the mini-bus but not for long.

At the reception we were given the usual run-around which included that our room was not ready yet. They even asked us the unusual of paying up-front for our entire stay!

When we asked for internet, well, you guessed it, there is no internet at this 5-star hotel unless you pay dearly, €5 or $7/hour or €12 or $17/day or €48 or $65/week!

We asked about their beach policy. You guessed it again, we have to pay €3 or $5/each per individual recliner and umbrella per day.

How about beach towels, we asked? Well, you pay us here at the reception €10 or $13 per towel, we give you coupons, you take them to the lifeguard and she gives you the towels. You exchange the towels every 2 days. Then we refund your money at your check out.

We asked about the all-inclusive package and almost everything above is included at a room price estimated around €25-35 or $33-42/person/day.

So if you’re into what I call glorified back-pack tourism, this hotel is for you. If you are a traveler with discriminating taste who’s paying €100-250 or $130-325room/day plus all the extras, and prepared to spend money for a pleasant unforgettable week, this hotel is definitely not for you, please don’t make the same mistake we’ve been committing. The reason being that their policy here is geared up to satisfy the all-inclusive business and, we were told, the conference tourism which may run as high as €1000 or $1300/person/week(!) They will not serve you right cause you will soon understand you are a mistake in this kind of hospitality environment no matter how much money you are prepared to spend.

More tomorrow…

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Theo V
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have also just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel and agree with alot of what has been said by other recent reviewers. By most European standards this is not a 5-star hotel - I would say a reasonable / average 4 star.

The food was reasonable - not as bad as some reviewers say and a good range of choices each day. It is true that it is not the best quality in the world but overall we enjoyed our meals there.

The setting is lovely with wonderful views over Turkey.

Rooms are reasonable but the decor is very dated and the bathrooms, in particular, are getting mouldy. Nowhere near 5-star quality!

The pool area was disappointing. As another reviewer said, there was no attempt to control behaviour of other guests by the Lifeguard. As well as frequent (dangerous) bombings - on 2 occasions during our trip in the afternoon groups of younger adults were playing their music very loudly which was really disrespectful to other customers and nothing seemed to be done to stop this. In the end, we stopped going to the pool and went to the beach instead which was much better but I think it is bad that some guests cannot relax by the pool due to the behaviour of others.

Staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. But the receptionist who checked us in on arrival was surly.

I also agree that it is outrageous to charge for security boxes and wireless access in a hotel that considers itself 5 star!

Overall, we had a nice holiday despite the disappointment about the pool area (where you really couldn't relax). I don't think I would go back again though as I expect you could get better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BexLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa

Been to Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!