“overbooking.... again!”

Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
“overbooking.... again!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

It is almost a tradition, i had if before... ans friends had the same - Kipriotis hotels often are overbooked and then place you in a cheaper alternative!!! So better think twice before booking here, starting your holiday with 2 hours frustrations and waste of time before getting a room - greek style!

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank G G
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation and for taking the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

Over bookings occasionally happen in seasonal hotels most times from reasons beyond control of the hotel. An overbooking policy is not something that actually exists and for its occurrence, there are laws as to how to rectify the situation, laws that we conform with. Therfore, when required by the circumstances, we always makes sure to relocate our guests to hotels of the same or upper class of the one it was originally booked and this is an irrevocable decision of our company.
We would like to assure you that your comments have been taken under notification. We would gladly discuss your stay or any of the above issues and can be reached at wecare@kipriotis.gr
The Guest Relations Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Absolutely have to check the exact hotel you are staying in as having read a number of reviews on here we were cautious about where we would end up. We had wanted the Panorama Hotel & Suites as it is the only 5 star (questionable !) on the Kipriotis Complex. Media Travel the agent we booked with had booked us into the Maris ( not what we wanted) and I faced a 2 wk dialogue to resolve before we actually went on the holiday. This seems to be quite a common complaint now and ruined several guests holidays that we met last week. Where the problem lies is not quite clear, i.e. the agent or the hotels, either way it's a dishonest way to treat guests.
Panorama Hotel & Suites, very clean, spacious but basic rooms. No frills ! Great pools and good paddling pool for kids. Food okay, menu quite repetitive. Could do with a bit more on the evening entertainment front as struggled slightly with the organist ???? We took our 4 yr old daughter but not much for her to do but this could have been because just out of season. Would recommend for a couple wanting rest and relaxation. Some nice bars in Kos Town. Beware - DO NOT FEED THE LAME DOGS !!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms more expensive, ours was a garden view, but still very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are valuable to us, however please allow us some comments.
Some travel agencies promote all Kipriotis Hotels as a hotels complex; however, in their description it is clear that the complex consists of a group of hotels and each room is accompanied by a detailed description of the facilities and provided services. In addition to that, all info about our hotels are available into our website and it is easy to understand the venues and services for each Kipriotis hotel.
As advertised, Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites does not provideanimation program, apart from live piano, Greek night and other special events. However, guests with young children can attend animation programs of our other hotels such as Kipriotis Panorama Aqualand which is a family resort.
Once again, thank you for sharing your impressions; it gives us the opportunity to improve and offer better service on your next visit.
The Guest Relations Management.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I booked our holiday through a teletext company called Deal of the Day who piece together flights, accommodation and transfers independently. There was therefore no holiday rep or company overseeing our stay. My telephone operator told me we'd be staying at the Kipriotis Panorama Complex in the Maris Hotel. Our transfer company, Holiday Taxis, took us to the Panorama only for us to be informed by their reception that we were booked in at their sister hotel down the hill at the Kipriotis Maris suites, not connected at all with the Panorama other than by name. We were bussed to yet another hotel, the Kipriotis Hippocrates, who acted as reception for both Hipprocates and Maris. I began to feel fleeced and worried about what was going to happen next. The whole process of moving downhill felt belittling. The reception was not particularly professional or friendly and we felt completely downgraded. We were taken to room 29 in the Maris complex which was an underground room with a 'balcony view' of a mound of earth and a tree trunk. We were literally in a cave.
I became upset and tearful - we'd had a long journey and just wanted to unpack and settle. I asked the receptionist if she could move us and she told me to wait until the morning where the "front office may be able to find another room".
I'd booked a 'superior' room when paying for the holiday, and was adamant not to have the first night of my holiday in a cave. I didn't want to have to unpack and re-pack and effectively lose another day of my holiday when the journey there had already been long and tiring and there was no guarantee of another room being available or any better anyway. I asked to be upgraded to the Panorama as that's where I'd thought we were going in the first place, but of course, no rooms were available even though I stated I was prepared to pay the extra cost.
I then asked if there were any other hotels they were connected to that we could move to so that we could actually start our holiday, and was told there was a four star Kipriotis Village down the road that had room for us if we wanted to go there. Desperate to unpack and settle in a decent room we agreed and finally got sorted about 10:30 in the evening after 14 hours travelling and nearly 2 hours of argy bargy. The reception staff at Kipriotis Village were first-class and extremely helpful, but the only room we were able to ocuppy this late had only one curtain. The maid arrived early next morning with the other and promptly clambered onto a nearby, very shiny, desk-high table in slippy socks to hook it up. It totally destroyed any faith I may have had in Health and Safety Procedures at Kipriotis.
My advice to all travellers is to be very, very careful from the outset and ensure you clearly understand which of these four hotels you are booking, and state you will not accept any underground rooms at the Maris. After talking to other hotel guests, it appears customers are routinely booked into these rooms that should not really be available as guest bedrooms at all - they were more like staff quarters. I imagine some people won't complain and this frees up the better rooms for those who do. I don't really understand their room-management system, but I do know that we did not end up with the five-star holiday and accommodation we booked and paid for, so please be aware and make sure you completely understand which hotel you are booked into before parting with any of your hard-earned cash. Dependent on the brochure/website, the differences between the Kipriotis hotels are not always clear, and it's very confusing as they all have the Kipirotis prefix in the name.
Also, do not pay for a superior room in advance, because they are not reserved for you. They seem to just put some guests in a bad room first and hope you won't complain.
Be aware that 5 star in Kipriotis is equivalent to 3 star in Spain. And would be a 2 star in the Carribbean. All Inclusive is NOT. There were set times to eat and set drinks to drink - local, weak spirits only. Food was OK and plentiful but not excellent. Food areas did appear well-maintained and clean however there was no water provided in the room and no tea and coffee facilities, plus no refreshed mini-bar. There was also no fire extinguisher and no safety sheet or evacuation procedure evident in the room. There was no hotel map or information provided in the room explaining dining or bar times, spa costs etc, and we only discovered there was direct beach access on the last day. There were poor quality towels to rent and very few, or no foam mattresses for sun loungers available.
Kipriotis Village is perfect for families with young children who want to go to bed at 10. The hotel bar shuts very early and there is no evening entertainment whatsoever in either the Village, Maris or Hipprocrates other than loud music and themed food nights which were nice but had to be reserved - the reservations were for alternate nights and we only got the hang of this when we were leaving. Again, an information pack in the room or provided at check-in would have enabled us to make more effective use of the facilities and given us more confidence in the overall administration of the hotel.
Would I go again? No. I wouldn't risk not getting what I'd paid for. I want to feel welcome in an hotel, not a nuisance.
Would I recommend it? Yes but only if you're getting a bargain deal, don't mind lots of children, and can book through a big company with a travel rep - I think the bigger companies get the better rooms and you will have someone to complain to and deal with your problems. Don't pay full price - service, facilities, food and accommodation are simply not worth it.
Any comments/excuses that may come back from Kipriotis should be taken with a pinch of salt .......

Room Tip: Don't pay for a superior room. They don't reserve them. It's pot luck when you arrive.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cheshirewag
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are valuable to us, especially those lacking exaggeration.
Some travel agencies promote all Kipriotis Hotels as a hotels complex; however, in their description it is clear that the complex consists of a group of hotels and each room is accompanied by a detailed description of the facilities and provided services. In addition to that, all info about our hotels are available on our website and it is easy to understand the venues and services for each Kipriotis hotel. Also, all travel organizations that we work with are supplied with our fact sheets and All Inclusive descriptions, in order to send out an accurate picture of who we are and what to be expected from our hotels. At the Maris Suites there are no underground rooms, but only ground level rooms, facing the garden and the swimming pool. However, when a guest is not happy with the allocated room, we try to find another room which would be more to their liking. On your reservation there was no mention of an upper floor request or similar. Therefore, we do use these rooms and surprising as it may seem to you we do not always complaints about them. Taste and preferences are personal to each individual but calling this room a cave, we are leaving this to our readers to judge; that, and the fact that the things that you would use for one night needed a whole day of unpacking and repacking.

Tea and Coffee facilities are available in both Kipriotis Village and Kipriotis Maris Suites and it puzzles us you writing that there wasn’t any, and that you haven’t reported this to the reception.
A complimentary bottle of water can be found in your room’s mini bar on arrival as clearly stated in our advertising material. For the rest of your stay, tap water is provided free in all our post-mix machines at the bars and restaurants, or can be bought in bottles from the mini market of the hotel.
As in all companies around the world, in Kipriotis Hotels, have opening and closing times for our departments and restaurants. During these hours guests can enjoy buffet meals, alcoholic and soft drinks according to international standards, snacks and ice cream.
Safety plans are available in all rooms as required, located either behind the room door or on the closet. Our hotels follow all safety procedures and rules and our licenses are always in effect and renewed yearly. We undergo frequent audits for this purpose. As for the hotel’s map, it is provided by our front desk staff and a room directory can be found in all rooms. Had you requested one from the reception, we would have sent it in no time.
In all hotels of the group, there is at least one bar operating in each hotel until 1:00am, plus the Zona Club which operates daily with club music or theme parties.
Every night there are animation shows taking place in our hotels, being advertised by our animation team on their info boards. Apart from this, Kos town is a vivid place, offering numerous places to get amused and is only 10 minutes by bus.
One can use all the pinches of salt they wish but trying to decrease the credibility of our answer only shows nothing more but that this text is not well intended.
Furthermore it appears biased against the hotels right from its start.
Lastly, classification (rating) of our hotels is a mater effected by the competent state authority and is –fortunately- not left to everyone’s private perception and motives to decide.
Once again, thank you for sharing your impressions; it gives us the opportunity to improve.
The Guest Relations Management.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been to this hotel 6 times and love each time I go. I would suggest you don't go all inclusive if possible as there are some lovely places to eat in Kos town which is just a short bus ride away.
Get a sea view room as you can't beat the view across the Mediterranean sea to Turkey.
I have never had trouble getting a sunbed as there are masses round the two large pools.
Looking forward to my next holiday there.

Room Tip: Go for sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 209Sue
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear guest,
We are happy to read your review on Trip Advisor, about your holidays at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites. We hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels, for another memorable stay.
Leeds, England
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travelled with a friend who was attending a three day conference at the hotel. We stayed a full week and had a huge room on the fifth floor with spectacular views of Turkey across the water. There was a fridge with a free bottle of water for our arrival. There was a lovely shaded terrace with table and three wicker chairs. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. I enjoyed the enormous pool areas with plenty of sunbeds available. Water quality was high and the pools lovely. Like another reviewer I noticed that the sunbed backrest clobbers you until you learn to sit down carefully ! We had pre-booked a hire-car at the airport and so the moans about the location never applied to us. We did hear about the €10.00 taxi fares and infrequent bus service to Kos Town from other guests. We were able to park our car on site for free and there was always plenty of space. Everywhere you went in the hotel you noticed how enormous the spaces were. Rooms and public areas were vast compared to similarly rated hotels. This also applied in the dining room. We only booked breakfast and enjoyed the (sometimes blowy) terrace with great views of the sea and Turkey in the distance. After three days of hotel buffet breakfasts I get rather bored even though there is a large selection to choose from. Like another reviewer I found the hot dishes to be far from hot. However, this is the way in some countries, so I put up with tepid bacon, eggs and beans for the couple of times that I selected them. We enjoyed free WiFi whilst my friend was at his conference but it's disappointing to see that hotels charge for what nowadays I think should be included in the room rate. There were four internet stations available for €1.00 per 15 minutes if you need to keep in touch that way. I noticed that some nuisance had lifted all the number keycaps and replaced them in reverse order on one of the keyboards. What a wag...Not ! The hotel wanted €25.00 to rent the in-room safe. Again, I think that these necessities should be included in a five-star rate. Being mobile we travelled around the island and found great sandy beaches and avoided the low quality one near the hotel. I have never seen so many petrol stations on an island, so running out of petrol was never a worry. For those with late flights the offer of a shower room was a nice touch. The only regular complaint from us and other guests was the reliability of the lifts. They seemed to have minds of their own and so we often used the stairs to come down. Each of the three lifts were out of order on separate occasions. Overall our stay at the Kipriotis Panorama was very enjoyable and I would recommend it with the proviso that you get a car or scooter to get you around.

Room Tip: A sea view adds to the pleasure of staying here....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gordon T
Dear guest,
We are happy to read your review on Trip Advisor, about your holidays at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites. Please allow us to thank you for your kind comments and for choosing Kos and our hotel to spend your vacation with your son. Some additional information about the extra charges and location: As advertised in our brochures, web site and tour operators description, some services are upon extra charge, among them you can find WiFi and Safe Deposit Box. As for the connection of psalidi (hotel’s area) with Kos town, there is a regular bus schedule, for 1,60€ per ticket, that goes every 10-15 minutes; the majority of Kos visitors find this service ideal for their own transportation. However, you can also rent a bicycle (there is a bicycle paths network) and ofcourse moto or car. We hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels, for another memorable stay.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

.me and my little man stayed at th panorama hotel and suites at the beginning of september for a week.we had a fab time the hotel is defanatly a 5 star we got upgraded to a junior suite with a sea veiw the room was huge had a fridge with a free bottle of water!the rooms were cleaned every day.all the staff lovley from the maids the recepionists to the waiters and the bar staff they made us both feel very welcome and at home.the food was lovley plenty of choice we tried most things!.the prices for drinks wernt bad the little man had his first non alcholic cocktail he loved it.there was loads to do me and the bairn loved the pools and the jacuzzi theres an aqua land just next door that was only 12 euros for both us for the whole day.theres also tennis courts near by and the beach is just a couple or minutes away.on a nite after youve had your meal and a drink or two theres a panio bar down stairs and a loft bar up on the 7th floor the veiws are great thanx for a fab holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear guest,
We are happy to read your review on Trip Advisor, about your holidays at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites. Please allow us to thank you for your kind comments and for choosing Kos and our hotel to spend your vacation with your son. We hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels, for another memorable stay.
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Many bravoo!!! It was very nice and clean and we loved the housekeepin so much!! Strange but true!! Many thanks! And good prices also! Worth the money and hope next year to see you again!! Also the pool was good and the food in the hotel nice!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Depi26
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear guest,
We are happy to read your review on Trip Advisor, about your holidays at Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites. Our staff will keep up the good work, providing the best possible service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels, for another memorable stay.