Some of the personnel at the reception were not very approachable looking and attentive for hotel guests. The biggest issue being the opening of the safety deposit box closed by the previous guest. It demanded several visits to the reception to get it organized (and it took plenty more than 24 hours). There was also some minor questions which seemed like nuisance to personnel but are actually important for us guests to provide a good holiday.
Buffet: The temperature of hot dishes, coffee and tea water was far too cool. There is a microwave oven near the hot water container and many times I had to use it to get hot water for the tea. At the breakfast time the coffee was in thermos,but still not hot enough, but in the mornings I was too lazy to go and heat the coffee in the oven.
Omelets, bacon and all the hot dinner dishes were too cold to be delicious, I didn´t have meals at the lunch time at the hotel, nor snacks, only coffee and cake in the late afternoon. In the bar frape would have cost 3.50 EUR, hot coffee was included in all inclusive. Buffet areas are very noisy and restless and don´t provide luxury nor pleasure or special delight. Cold dishes, bread, fruits and baked good are good and in the Greek buffet the little warm loukoumades (doughnuts) are delicious.
I had dinner reservation to Greek buffet twice. First time the first setting at 19.00 and the second time at 20.15. Choose the first buffet, some of the food was replaced with another dishes in the second setting but the nametags where not up to date.
If you stay in the area, there is food available from 6.30 am to 21.00 pm and at 23-24.00 pm hot soup and cold buffet. Nor did I need this service either.
The ac unit worked also without remote control, but you have to rise to a chair and press the start button. At night I took the electricity off and closed the ac that way. Bed was comfortable and pillows ok.
You have to pay for internet access, even in the common area and game room /Internet room. In that room some of the machines didn´t work and I had to go to reception to get my money back (8 minutes / 50 cents)
In one of the shops paying with Visa succeeds only by queueing first to pay in the reception and then showing the receipt in the shop and purchase the goods.
The public areas are spotless, rooms are cleaned daily and everything looks spick-and-span. The big congress of Vision Voyage staying in the hotel at the same time probably didn´t make any big changes in the services, only the Olympic pool was closed for a day or two. Enough sunbeds always when I needed, but I spent plenty of time in Kos town and rented a bike for reaching the beach area other side of Kos town. Bus stop is in front of the hotel, but the timetable was not accurate, buses run late towards Kos town, from town they were quite in schedule. Bus ticket 1.50 EUR from the ticket office, 1.60 from the driver.
Many people consider this is precisely the right holiday, all services in the same area and this is absolutely appropriate. Kos ( and Greece) is a beautiful area and I hope that the hotel's guests get to know widely the restaurant / taverna options, shopping and the evening coffeehouses in Kos Town also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unforgettable All Inclusive holidays for the whole family! Located on the north-east coast of the beautiful island of Kos, birthplace of Hippocrates - Father of Medicine - directly on the beach, with magnificent views of the Aegean Sea and breathtaking surroundings, KIPRIOTIS VILLAGE RESORT offers a great hospitality experience that can tempt even the most demanding visitor. The resort extends over a surface of 135.000 m2 and has the flair of an ideal Aegean village, where architecture and natural beauty, functionality and spaciousness of both outdoor and indoor areas are perfectly combined. Surrounded by beautifully tended gardens, the hotel features an impressive holistic wellness spa centre "ANAVIOSI by Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa" as well as, multiple choice of restaurants, coffee shops and bars and an extensive range of excellent sport, leisure and entertainment facilities. Situated just 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport, with bus stop and cycling paths directly in front of the hotel, it is the ideal place to relax and a great starting point for magnificent island explorations. The hotel features 709 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, family apartments, junior suites, maisonettes, executive suites and presidential suites located amidst wonderful gardens with large balconies or terraces ideal for relaxation. All rooms have a superb view either to the sea, the gardens or the swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Kipriotis Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Kipriotis Village Hotel Psalidi
- Comfort Inn Psalidi
- Kipriotis Village Psalidi
- Kipriotis Kos Village
- Kipriotis Village Kos
- Kipriotis Village Resort Kos/Psalidi