“Best Vacation and Amazing Staff”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand for a week in December (over Christmas). It is heaven on earth!! This is the second time I’ve been to this hotel and it is amazing!! On Christmas, they had champagne and food out for the guests. It was really nice. All the staff dressed up and entertained all the guests. Lots of fun!

Staff
The staff at this hotel is what makes it so fabulous!! First off, the entertainment staff are amazing! They are so friendly, energetic and work so hard all day to make sure all the guests have an enjoyable time and feel included. They are what makes this trip even more memorable as they add so much to the overall experience. Eder was always entertaining everyone and making them laugh. He was awesome! Andy, Eduardo and all the other staff were great too! They also remember everyone’s names which is unbelievable!! It makes you feel very special!

The servers in the restaurants are so friendly, helpful, and do anything and everything for you to make sure you have a wonderful experience. Pavel served us for most of the trip and he was lovely! The butler (although I didn’t use his services) checked on us to see if we needed anything and was so friendly. The cleaning staff did an amazing job and left little surprises in our room like a bubble bath with rose petals. Also the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone person working for this hotel is amazing! The five star rating has a lot to do with the great team of people that work there.

Amenities and Food
The hotel is the perfect size and everything is easy to get to. Also everything is spotless and they work around the clock to keep everything clean and sparkling. Loved the location of the pool and how close it is to the ocean. The food was great (lots of options, and lobster and shrimp were available everyday), beautiful grounds, gorgeous serenity pool (although too quiet for me). On this trip we only dined in the buffet restaurants because when I came a couple of years ago and tried the ones with reservations they were a bit too formal and I wasn’t a fan of the ambiance. Although beautiful, I prefer the lively atmosphere of the other restaurants. I also like that you can sit on the patio overlooking the pool area and ocean. Beautiful! In the evening, I loved getting a drink and hanging out in the hot tub under the stars. The grounds were lit up beautifully!

Beach
The beach is beautiful and there are nice waves to play in. Crystal clear water. Some areas are a bit rocky but there is lots of sandy beach perfect for swimming. You can walk quite far down the beach which is great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank KM042014
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review, we are happy to read your positive comments about your stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that our staff was part of your great experience and that you have felt welcome and pampered during your stay. Our team works hard to deliver a personalized service to all our guests and to read that they managed to create goods memories for you, is really the best award for us, we will certainly not fail to convey your kind compliments to all of them for their contribution to your wellbeing.

On the other hand, gastronomy is one of the main pillars of our organization and we always strive to make it one of the highlights for our guests’ experience, this is why we are glad to read your mention about it. Also it is good to know that you enjoyed our environment.

Once again, thank you for your visit us and for the time you took to write your comments, it will be a real pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Recently return from our 5th visit to the Iberostar Grand and again not disappointed. We just love our time that we spend there. We get treated so royally every time we have been at the Grand. From the moment you arrive at the resort , the greeting you receive from the staff is great they make you feel so welcomed. You receive a cool towel to freshen up with and then off to the bar lounge for a cool drink of your choice. Then you are taken to your room where everything is already for you. The service is un believable ,they seem to remember all of your previous request ( as we are repeat visitors.) They are just so friendly and accommodating. Every one greets you with a smile and a Hola . I know it an all inclusive but we all ways tip our servers, beach butlers, maids and they are so grateful. The service is great. We look forward to see many of the staff we knew from our other visits there and they truly seem happy to see you again. The food is great as you have choices of restaurants to dine at and all types of different foods at the buffets You can have just about anything you desire they will try to accommodate you requests and also any type of drink/cocktail you request is all ways met. They have a great pool and swim up bar, they is also a relaxing pool away from all of the activities and a great spa area. The Beach area is nice and relaxing.
They hotel is very beautiful, elegant looking and clean. There is all ways something going on at the pool area actives and entertainment. There is all so live entertainment every evening that they staff provide so you are never bored
All in all you can not say one does not get enough to do, eat or drink It is so relaxing there. We can not wait till we go again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank litsan

Dear guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful review regarding your great stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. It is a great pleasure to read that we have been able to provide you another enjoyable time during your stay at our hotel and that you went home with such great memories.

We would also like to thank you for your nice words about our staff, It is always a great motivation for the entire team to receive such positive compliments like yours.

We are pleased to read that you liked the cleanness, beauty and luxury of our hotel, the beach, the food and our entertainment.

Let us highlight that your loyalty is much appreciated and we are looking forward to receiving your visit soon at your home away from home.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just returned from an amazing experience. Well done by all the staff, you are truly wonderful people. Everything was amazing from the service to the impecably clean rooms and grounds.
Our Butler was truly exceptional, thank you Yvan. Would also like to mention that Darwin our waiter on two occasions, was very professional and spot on. You will not regret going to this resort as I have been to many AI, and this one tops them all.
Thank you and look forward to going back next year. We chose this resort because Trip Advisor rated it as number one... and they are so right.

3  Thank TimminsBWoods
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to share your comments.

We are proud to read that you had an amazing experience.

Your wonderful comments have been shared with our team, it is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail. It is good to know that Ivan and Darwin contributed to your outstanding stay.
We are also glad to hear that our accommodations and surroundings surpassed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Paraiso, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home.

We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Yet again... the perfect vacation...
This was not our first, not our second... but our 7th visit to this little bit of heaven.

Plane landed at 10:30 am and had our first drink in hand at 11:58 am.... and it was amazing for the next 10 days.

At arrival we were greeted by Laura who remembered us from past visits, our room would be ready shortly and to go have lunch and then on the way there, our previous pool waitress Leticia, noticed us from a distance and literally ran over to hug us and say hello.

Hands down the people that work here are the absolute best at their jobs. The reason they are still here working is because they are good and the Iberostar values that. Our friend Eder, still in charge of the Star Friends, our lovely Olivia still making the best omelletes ever, Hugo, now a head waiter, ever attentive and warm. Ricardo and Oscar the deliteful bell staff that are the start and end to the best of vacations....And some new, and wonderful additions, Chris and Andy the star friends that kept us entertained and amused, Darwin and Leticia wait staff in the dining rooms that were gracious and attentive.

One thing we noticed was what we thought impossible, the food - better even than before, we have loved the food always but it even got better - our ranking favorites Italian, Gourmet, Surf n Turf, Japanese... must haves in the same order - Lobster Risotto , Cheese Souflee, Moulton chocolate cake, Bananas Tempura.

We met so many new friends - Hi to Richard, Marilyn, Brenda and Rick - see you all soon...we all had some very fun afternoons at the pool with loads of the other guests all friendly and fun.

Yes this resort is adult only, and no its not the hot spot for night life, but you don't want for good times - there is plenty to do sun up to sunset... and there is music and shows and kariokee, so no you won't be bored - in fact I guarentee you will be exhausted !!

There were a few annoying folk there playing the towel game, got heated even a few times and the towel staff actually had to step in and they finally started to remove unattended towels so that chairs were freed up as they should be... this happens at every resort, you just need to play fair and nice... yes get up early to get a chair... but then BE ON IT, don't assume its yours all day - its not...

Anyway we will be back - this Christmas to be exact... this resort lives up to its ratings and truly is GRAND PARADISE...

4  Thank menhub

Dear Guest,

Please accept our gratitude for your kind review regarding your recent stay at our hotel IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

We put great emphasis on providing first-class accommodation, with genuine warm service and ensuring that you are treated to the finest food and beverages. Your specific mention to our facilities, restaurants, quality of food, and service given Staff will go a far way in encouraging our team.
Our pool concierge are always at the guest service to provide special attention on the pool and beach areas, they are more than glad to assist our guest to find a sun chair.

Once again thank you for your kind review. We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at The Grand. I have stayed at a few all-inclusives and this one is in the top three. From the moment I checked in, everyone was great. There is one exception that I'll mention later. The bell boys/transporters were fantastic. They reminded me of the people I've met at other all-inclusives. They remembered your name. Other than this staff and my butler, I can't say that any other staff remembered our group. I only stayed four nights, perhaps that's why. The butler service is amazing- it's included for ever room! This I've never experienced before. The room was so beautiful, and the swing on the balcony- heaven. Your beds (and pillow menu) rise above and beyond. I slept like a baby every night. Food- was good. Not super impressive, not bad. They do an excellent job with beef. Love they're steaks. The best meal we are was the Italian. We went there for a post wedding meal. The ambiance was everything the bride and groom could have wanted. The main pool was a bit cold, and hot tub not really as hit as I am used to. But if you jumped in the pool then in the hot tub, it worked perfectly. We spent many a sunset in the hot tub. Loved the beach and ocean (although there could be more chairs on the beach). By 9 am there were mostly ever chair accounted for with people's personal belongings but perhaps weren't there to enjoy the beach for several hours. Wish this "saving of seats" was not allowed, but you run into this at every resort I feel.
My friends got married there- you guys could not have put on a more perfect wedding. It was everything they'd hoped it would be. And as a wedding guest, far exceeded any expectation I had. Amazing! Well done! Thank you for making my friends day unforgettable. There was a problem with the minister (she was in an accident) and Anna- who is responsible for all the incredible things that happened that day, found a replacement in record time and everything was beyond perfect.
My only real complaint has to do with an employee named Eusebio. He was unprofessional and rude. At lunch he asked if we needed four chairs after I said three. He said because you are big. I am a larger girl and could totally stand to loose some weight- but I don't intend to be told that I am so fat that I need another chair for lunch. He laugh about it, then when I told home he was rude, and explained what he said to my friends, he laughed again. Not acceptable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
7  Thank atravelingbug

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge your recent experience with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: beautiful room, the bed and pillows, the beach and specially our friendly and efficient staff, the wedding coordinator Anna and other staff. We are proud of creating memories that last a lifetime, give unforgettable experiences to our guests and pleased to see that we have reached our goal. It is always motivating for the staff to receive comments like yours, please be sure that we will share them with them.

On behalf of Iberostar Grand Paraiso we want to offer you a sincere apology for the inconvenience with the waiter and his disrespectful attitude. This was very surprising to us, since these are precisely the points that guests usually praise the most and consider being our biggest assets. This will be reviewed with management.

Either wise we have noted your comments and we are truly sorry that you were not happy with the food quality; our main goal is to offer our guests with a unique and special experience where dishes are prepared at the moment so we can provide freshness and quality along with a personalized service. We have already shared your feedback with our Executive chef for his consideration as his continuous strive to offer the best quality.

Regarding the sun lounges, in order to solve this situation we have assigned a Pool Concierge supervisor who takes care of the area and assist our guests to find a nice spot and to try to aware people about reserving sun chairs.

Once more, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is perfection. From check in to check out every aspect was excellent. The service is the best I have experienced anywhere. They truly go above and beyond to help with whatever you can think of. Thank you Jose for your service, you are truly a gem!! The food was delicious and they are so accommodating to whatever you need. We really had an excellent trip. Lots of R and R and if you want activities to do there are some things to do on site. However, if you are looking for a place to party and close access to bars and nightlife, this is not the place. Shuttle to Playa del carmen was nice and convenient. They pick and drop off in front to the Lindo lobby. We were also happy to find that there was a Catholic mass in the chapel on the grounds. We enjoyed the bilingual service. We will most definitely be back again. Thank you Iberostar Grand Paraiso Staff for a wonderful getaway!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are amazing.
4  Thank love2seethesea

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your loyalty towards our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had a great time and that our kind staff worked to their best.

It is good to know that during you stay you had the opportunity to enjoy different aspects of our hotel, like the entertainment and the gastronomy we offer, these are some of the main pillars of our organization; to read that we fulfilled you expectations is the best award we can get.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Love the hotel, great activities, great amenities, and food was good. The hotel room was always clean, turn down service was cute with notes and sweets. The butler service was on point, they were always able to do what we asked for. We were able to reserve restaurants without problems.

Overall the best trip, best honeymoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank yagirlflo
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback posted on Trip Advisor and for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion, your honeymoon!

It is a great pleasure to hear that we have been able to fulfill your dreams with the highest levels of comfort, attention to detail, great entertainment, delicious cuisine and quality of our exclusive services.

We appreciate the highlight on the butler’s service.

Once again thank you for your nice review, we hope to have the honor of welcoming you again at you home away from home: Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#21 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#35 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!