“Beautiful hotel, excellent service!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've been in many all inclusive 5* hotels worldwide , especially when my kids were young, not that I'd prefer this type of vacation.
But this time, first time in Mexico, after spending 10 days in charming Puerto Morelos, we decided to stay 4 days in this hotel, just of curiosity: to see the best rated hotel in 2013 in Tripadvisor.
Really impressive! Beautiful hotel, excellent rooms, awesome food, impeccable service!
Maybe evening performances of animation team could be more spectacular.
We were a group of 7 persons (3 families and a single lady) and we were all very happy with choosing this hotel for vacation.
Would absolutely go back, well worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank viviRomania
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your recently stay in our hotel.

We are pleased to know that we fulfilled your expectations and that you will come back to our resort. The style of the hotel is a mixture of different architectural styles from the classic American to the medieval European and it took around 5 years to create that environment, so we are very happy that you liked it.

Our commitment with our guests is to provide the best service with the highest quality that you deserve; so after reading you comments about the staff and food, the whole team knows that the efforts made daily are really worth it.

We would like to thank you for your kind mention about the variety and value of the food; it is our true pleasure to delight you.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was there in April 2013 with my girlfriend. I am a very experienced all-inclusive guy, having been to at least 10 ranging from terrible to miffle of the road to very very good.

And then there's Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

The place is just amazing. When you walk in you sense the opulence of this resort. The staff are incredibly helpful and attentive, but not in that robotic phony way. It all seems so very sincere.

The food is NOT your typical resort food. It's much higher quality...yeah you can have lobster all day long.

The booze is all top shelf stuff. And wow the beer selection is impressive...all bottled too I might add.

Each room gets their own valet who will come and see you when you check in to get you all stocked up with room goodies. Order pretty much anything food/drink, and he will get it for you.

The pool is nice. There's a main pool where all the "louder" activities take place. ie games, etc. Then there's the tranquility pool where you just lie down and get served on hand and foot.

The location of the hotel on the beach is directly in front of some rocks, so you need to walk a little left to get to the good spots. The property is reserved for guests only, so it's not crowded. But get there early if u want a beach bed. They are limited. Typical caribbean beach. White sand, blue water.

The nightly show is a cut above your usual all-incl show. You'll have to see it to know what I mean. Sure it's not Vegas, but relatively speaking, it's as good as you'll get from people probably making less in 2 months than most of us make in a week.

There's no dance club on site. You need to take a golf cart to the sister resort. I went once. It smelled of puke and was full of crazy kids. To each his own.

Really, there's no reason to leave the grounds of the Grand. Everything from lobby piano bar, to karoake is on site.

The reservation restaurants were all very very good. My favorite was the Japanese one where they cook the food in front of you.

My one suggestion to anyone like me, who has been to all inclusives, but never a TRUE 5 star one before: don't be shy to ask for what you want! There's a reason we paid as much as we did for this place - for the service. Don't waste it. And of course, a little tip here and there goes a long way.

Have fun!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank cashbagg
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are proud of our team of hardworking and friendly staff, who continue helping us to reach our goal of being one the best resort in the Caribbean. Your review shows that we are on the right path to achieve this goal.

Your kind words about the food, the comfort of the rooms, entertainment, and the staff and the entire welcoming and friendly atmosphere means a lot to us.

We remind you that we are here to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was very impressed with this resort. I had a beautiful ocean front room and the rooms were amazing. The service was excellent, we had a butler for our room, which was a nice touch (although probably unnecessary). The food was awesome. Would absolutely go back, well worth the $$$

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rhona9

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. It is our biggest pleasure to know that you had a great time with us.

We also thank you for pointing out the beauty and comfort of our accommodations, also it is always motivating for the staff to receive comments like yours, please be sure that we will share with them that they were part of your happiness.

We thank you sincerely for having chosen the Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your recent Mexican vacation and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We are a couple who love to golf early in the morning, enjoy the beach in the afternoon. The golf course is great, challenging, interesting and in amazing condition. The cost is very reasonable, given the fact that food and drinks are included at the course.
Unfortunately, I severely hurt my back while on hole 18 on the first day! I mention this because I did need to see the doctor at the resort and she was kind and efficient. The staff were so very helpful to me as I was not very mobile the entire week. In terms of being at a resort while injured, this place was ideal, gorgeous ocean side room, room service, comfortable beds, comfortable beach chairs that are always available and for me personally, the spa was my salvation. I can honestly say that despite my painful back, the week here was the best. We most definitely will return!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank andreagratton

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for visiting us and your lovely words about our hotel and.

We are pleased to read that after all, you still had a wonderful experience among us and that our services and attention helped you to have an excellent stay. We hope that your back is better.

Thank you for your remark on our golf facilities, we hope that on your next visit you have the opportunity to enjoy it as you wish.

We hope we will have the great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at the Grand middle of January and celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary there. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by gracious staff and promptly taken to our beautiful ocean front room! The room was spacious and I'm a clean freak and this place is spotless!! The staff I cannot say enough about...Every staff member is friendly. Not once will one pass by without saying hello. We found the food amazing both buffets and a la carte's were superb. If I had to pick my favorite it would be The Japanese for the simple fact the food was amazing and the Manager Oswaldo went out of his way to decorate a table for us and provided us with an Anniversary cake which was very special. Armando the waiter was truly a kind soul and takes pride in his work ethic. At the buffet Olivia makes the best omelettes and she was such a pleasure to get to know and we keep in contact via face book. I send her SNOW pictures and she posts BEACH pics!!!! There is no possible way you will go hungry at this resort and the food is prime quality, absolutely delicious. We spent a lot of time at the quiet pool just because we deal with people all day with our jobs and the quiet was great. Wonderful lady named Mirna tended to us every day and enjoyed getting to know her as well. The pools and hot tubs were spotless and well maintained. Never once did we feel we had to tip nor did anyone expect one. We tipped because of the great service not because we had too to get it!!! Night shows were amazing and the Star Friends were always willing to get people involved or just took time to get to know everybody. The grounds are immaculate and the architecture detail in this resort is second to none. Anything you may need at this resort just ask the Concierge and they will try to accommodate your request and they did. All in all this was by far the best resort we have stayed in and we have been back to the Mayan now 5 times. We hope we will be fortunate enough to return to celebrate another Anniversary at this place we call Paradise!!!!

5  Thank Sandy S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind mention of our hotel and your high recommendations. Our staff strives to create a wonderful, everlasting experience for our guests.

It is nice to know that we succeeded and we have shared your kind words with our team. We appreciate all of your comments and hope to see you again in the near future for your 26th Wedding Anniversary!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful week at The Grand Paraiso. Apparently it rained the whole week and the day we got there the sun came out and stayed :) Hallelujah. The resort is 1 of 5 and is quite large and very beautiful. The moment we arrived we were greeted with a cold "heavenly" scented towel and a glass of champagne. Check in was quick however our room wasn't ready so we went and had lunch at the buffet by the pool. The buffet had so many different things to choose from..a pasta bar, sushi, burgers, tacos, LOBSTER..etc etc. Very nice however the food at the lunch buffets we found to be just OK. (maybe we are LA food snobs though?).

When our room was ready a butler took us and our luggage there. We booked with a company called TripGuy and I highly highly recommend them. We paid for the standard room and because there was availability and TripGuy has a great relationship with the resort, they surprise upgraded us to the private villa (basically the presidential suite ;) ) My husband and I were literally speechless. The room was bigger than our LA apartment! It also came with its own outdoor area and private pool, outdoor shower, and sun bed. I can remember after a drink too many laying in the private pool repeating "I'm so happy" to my husband. The bed was very large and very comfortable as well.

The beach is pretty rocky at the Grand but if you walk down to the other Iberostar resorts it's rock free and only a 5 minute walk. Water is warm and beautiful and can be wavy..or calm depending on the day. We thoroughly enjoyed playing in the waves and kayaking. There are also catamarans you can take out at no cost.

We didn't leave the resort the whole time so we took part in their activities such as pool games, archery, shooting, karaoke etc..The "Star Friends" staff are great at making you feel welcome and by the 3rd day we were on a name basis with a lot of them. The shows at the resort are also very entertaining with costumes, dances, and talented singers.

The main pool was a bit cool at first but as the week went on it warmed up and the pool bar is great. We also loved the spa pool which is indoors and always 90 degrees F or warmer. We never had a problem finding seats at the main pool, spa pool, or the beach which was nice.

The dinners are where this resort shines. I will say it is kind of annoying that you have to make a reservation and the times they have are odd but maybe that's how they can keep the service and quality of food so great. Every restaurant at the Grand was sooo yummy for dinner and the food quality is high. It does take some time though at least 1.5 hours so if you are in a rush maybe just eat at the mediocre buffets.

One thing to note..The resort is quite large and some people complain that you have to walk a lot..but honestly it's really not that far to walk anywhere and if you want they can cart you around. However, if you have a hard time walking try to stay in a room close to the lobby. We like walking..especially after eating so much at dinner ;)

So to sum it up..

The Good- rooms, dinner food, beach, entertainment, star friends staff, drinks, spa services and pool, activities available, coatie's (little monkey-ant eater- things running around), awesome taco stand in the shopping center, access to all the other resorts, TripGuy

Not so good- coldish pool, mediocre lunches, annoying birds that wake you up at 7am (just throw rocks and they'll go away), dinner reservations required, The grand is dead after 11pm (but you can go to the disco at the shopping center.)

Would go back for another relaxing and chill week. :)

Room Tip: The Villa's are amazing!
4  Thank dhaq

Dear guest,

We really appreciate your post on Trip Advisor, It is a delight to hear that we have been able to provide you the much needed rest you were looking for and that you had a wonderful experience.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our accommodations. We always try to offer the highest level of comfort to our guests, and read that you liked your room is the best award for our team.

Regarding our gastronomy, this is one of the main pillars of our organization, it is good to know that you liked the a la carte restaurants, and your constructive comments about our lunch buffet are being taken in consideration.

Thank you for mentioning our Star Friends team, your positive words are a great source of motivation. We believe that all our team with great dedication to hospitality and customer satisfaction are the key aspect that makes your stay so unique and memorable.

We are glad that with our services and exclusive facilities we were able to meet your expectations and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I just came back from staying one week at the iberostar Grand Paraiso. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is great, the food and drink excellent. However I was very disappointed with what they call the butler. We had oceanfront room and it advertises that it comes with a butler. Well we met our butler the first day and never heard from him again until the night before our departure. I have stayed at other hotels all inclusive with a butler and I will tell you that we got the royal treatment. He would reserve the chairs for us by the pool, we got breakfast and lunch by the pool, made all the reservations to the restaurants we wanted to go to, and they would call every evening and ask if there was anything that they could do for us. I am on holidays and paying top dollars and not get what I paid for its not fair.

10  Thank Rita V

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team. We value all guests’ feedback as an opportunity to continue improving our services and products for our guests.

We sincerely regret that our butler service did not correspond to your expectations. We would like to have the opportunity to explain how our butler service works at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. Our butlers are in charge of a section of rooms, normally around 25 to 35 rooms each. Prior to all arrivals they check the rooms to guarantee our high quality standards. Once our guests check in, they greet them personally in the room to indicate how everything works and give our guests a brief explanation of our services and facility locations. During the process they will assist our guests with any special requirements including the customization of their mini bar, the selection of their pillows from our menu and the arrangement of any preferable time for their room cleaning and turn down service.

Overall they will assist with anything our guests might need during their stay when they are required. Our guest’s only need to make one call to the Concierge Desk and the butler will appear at their door step. At check out they make a final inspection of the room to verify our guests do not forget any personal items.

In any case we have passed your observations on to our General Management as we would not want our guests to leave our hotel displeased with this service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!