“Best All Inclusive Resort in Mexico hands down!!!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just returned from this FANTASTIC resort last week. This is our second time visiting the Grand Paraiso and we thought our first experience was great...but our second experience was even BETTER.

The Food is Phenomenal. The Staff are very accommodating. You will want for NOTHING while you are here. The Room is great and if you want to upgrade to the beach view room, you'll LOVE the view. But really, this place is simply incredible.

If you are trying to decide whether you should go here or any other resort. I have a simple answer for you. Book this resort right NOW. After you experience Iberostar Grand, you will have a difficult time going anywhere else.

I could go on and on about this place but really, EVERYTHING is just about perfect here. You have wifi everywhere...if you need it. You are in paradise here and you are treated like royalty.

The Excellence and Secrets are very nice resorts as well. However, Iberostar Grand is in a league of its own. This is by far the BEST All Inclusive Resort in Mexico.

We can't wait to go back. And we definitely will sooner than later. Enjoy your trip!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank GreenRegimen
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation experience on TripAdvisor. We feel honored for such positive and descriptive comments following your stay at Grand Paraiso.

We are glad to see how much you enjoyed your second time at the hotel as well as the good comments on our exquisite food in the specialty restaurants and our kind staff. The main goal is to deliver the best service to our guests so they can experience a wonderful and unforgettable experience and at the same time to exceed their expectations.

Reviews like yours let us know that we are on the right track; we will certainly share your comments with the entire team!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back for the 3rd time, and many more to come, at the Grand.

Iberostar Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (6,045)

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are at the resort now and wanted to clarify that this resort does have wifi that works all over the resort and beach. We are in an oceanfront room and are able to access it with full signal. The only reason we are mentioning this, is that we weren't expecting this due to some of the other reviews we read.

So if you were planning on going to a top notch resort, but also wanted to seamlessly be able to connect with love ones over the internet - feel free to bring your wireless devices without worry.

And this resort is perfect. Food, service, beach, rooms. Very special, very relaxing, perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013
10  Thank Coglero
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for visiting us, and for sharing your lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

It is fantastic to know that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Regarding your review, the wifi service is something that we added to meet all our guests’ expectations. Several of our guests made this suggestion, and since we are committed to do everything we can to satisfy the needs of our visitors, Iberostar made an investment to include wifi around all our resort. We are thrilled you are already enjoying this service and even more thrilled that you are posting it to let other travelers know.

We are pleased to read that you liked our gastronomy, accommodations and service. We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again in the future.

In case you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It really is difficult to explain what makes this place so special. The location is beautiful. The beach is just perfect. The food is fresh and delicious. The service is unbeatable. They do an amazing job at meeting your needs, being friendly, yet they're not too overbearing. I love the housekeeping who clean my room. The hotel is gorgeous and feels very authentic. They've really found the formula of how to make you relax and enjoy a place with all of the amenities. Yet, you feel like you're in an authentic mexican villa. I can't say enough good things about it. My fiance and I absolutely loved the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank karenmachion

Dear guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations on your visit with our resort. Your specific mention to our facilities, restaurants, quality of food, and service given Staff will go a far way in encouraging our team.

We thank you sincerely for having chosen the Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your recent Mexican vacation and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from my first visit to the Iberostar Grand, and it was hard to leave. I booked a long weekend at the Iberostar Grand with my sister in the hopes that we would have a fun, relaxing trip, and the Iberostar turned out to be the perfect choice. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, and very clean. Our room was very nice, and it was kept immaculate. The "all-inclusive" price includes a minibar, which is kept fully stocked, including water bottles. The food was amazing, and the drinks are great as well. We tried a couple of the "restaurants" for dinner, but the buffet was by far the best because of the variety. The service was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly, staff and guests included. We were a bit surprised by how friendly and happy everyone seemed--but it's probably hard not to be happy while in paradise. I was truly impressed by this resort. I have never stayed in another hotel where the staff made such an effort to make sure that everyone was enjoying their stay. I would recommend the Iberostar Grand Playa Paraiso to anyone looking for a relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Lauren M
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us to the fullest.

All your kind comments about our staff, the nice room, the food, as well as the quality of our service are greatly appreciated and they motivate us to keep working hard to satisfy all our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon and trust you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wow, what an amazing resort! great friendly service. Amazing property, clean and well kept. The staff were amazing and the service with faultless. I have no negatives everything was truly wonderful and everyone pulled out the stops to make this a truly memorable vacation. The food was absolutely fabulous High quality food in abundance at the buffet restaurant. I was truly amazed at the choice especially at lunchtime. I did try to be disciplined with portion control but it is very difficult when it is all so lovely. However, an hour in the gym made me feel as though I had earned it!! The specialised restaurants were truly amazing and we felt as though we were dining out every evening. Thank you to all the staff who made our holiday such a wonderful experience. We are sold on Iberostar Grand hotels so will be booking again next year. Many thanks and keep doing what you are doing as it works very well. We reluctantly left the resort but are two very relaxed people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Canary024

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent vacation. Your feedback made us feel that we accomplished our main purpose of making you feel satisfied and relaxed.

We appreciate your comments concerning the specialty restaurants and buffet service; we can assure you that we will use this information to continue doing everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for our guests.

It will be an honor to welcome you once again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

After a horrendous flight out of Philly we arrived (5 hours late!) at the beautiful Iberostar Grand Paraiso Hotel. We were greeted by a gentleman who had cool towels on his serving tray for us to freshen up with while we were led to the lobby check in area where we were given our choice of champagne or a tropical beverage (yum!) to enjoy while we checked in. Very nice!

We were then shown to our room (junior suite) where we immediately met our butler! He was very adorable and nice and he seemed fantastic - whatever we need just let him or any other butler know - and said they work very closely with concierge so just contact any of them any someone will be at our service. Haven't seen any butler for three days now.

After checking in and while unpacking we realized we needed about 10 more hangers. I called and requested them and was told they would be there within a 1/2 hour...they never arrived.

We decided that we would like to eat breakfast the following morning on our beautiful outdoor patio with a view of the pool and ocean but when we wandered out to see the view noticed it was full of bugs and bird poop...I talked to one of the concierge ladies about this and she said someone would be up immediately to clean it for us...but no one ever came. We put towels on the furniture the next morning and enjoyed our room service breakfast of coffee, fruit and misc. breads which worked out fairly well, minus the bird poop on the railings. The veranda was cleaned later in the day when house keeping came in for the daily tidy up. :)

Day three of our Mexican Paradise vacation and so far I am not impressed with the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. Granted, the weather has been awful for the 2 1/2 days that we have been here so far and that is very disappointing....I would not visit Mexico during the rainy season again. Other travelers have said that the weather was perfect until Friday afternoon (July 12, 2013) when we arrived. We were able to go on the beach for a few hours yesterday morning (Saturday, July 13) until about Noon when the rain chased us indoors. The beach in front of the Grand is beautiful - soft white sand, really pretty - but you can not go in the water at this local due to rocks hidden beneath the ocean's sandy floor. You can't see them but you will quickly discover (as I did - ouch!!) why no one is in the ocean in front of our hotel. You need to go either to the left or right of the hotel to a neighboring hotel's beach in order to enjoy the ocean. (Not a far walk at all.). I was very surprised by the water...it is beautiful, warm and clear but has quite a lot of sea weed which I did not expect.

Waiter/Waitress service on the beach was practically non existent. An offer of water early on which we appreciated but nothing for the next few hours. We ended up walking to a neighboring Iberostar property to their beach bar to get a cocktail when we got tired of waiting/looking for a server on the beach at the Grand property.

After lunch (buffet - kobe burger was yummy!!!) we decided to take a ride to the shopping area on the hotel grounds. A golf cart arrived to pick us up and drop us off at the shopping area. Very nice as it was not a very long walk but it was very humid and drizzling out. When we were ready to go back to the Grand we were told to just ask any shop keeper to ring up the hotel and they would send the golf cart right over to bring us back. The first three shop workers had absolutely no idea what we were talking about and just shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders while saying No. We lucked out on our fourth (or maybe fifth) try and someone did ring the hotel for a pick up for us. I don't speak Spanish, I don't know what was said, but we were told to wait outside for the golf cart and, you guessed it, after 30 mins of waiting (and being eaten up by mosquitoes!!!! - bring repellent!) we just walked back to the hotel.

Dinner at the Japanese Hibachi restaurant that evening was very good and fun! We enjoyed the companions at our table and had a great meal. After dinner we went to the bar for drinks and then headed to the "Singing Bar" with some other folks we met for some Karaoke - this was a blast! There were some amazing singers and some average singers who had great personalities and it was a great bit of fun. We came back to the room famished and ordered a Margarita Pizza. When our Plain pizza arrived, no, not what we ordered, we just had to laugh at the absurdity and did enjoy the plain pizza! Note - order two next time - it was delicious but small for two to share after a night of drinking! Btw, the drinks are excellent!

Now we have a new strategy we are going to try for the remainder of our stay - tip like crazy and see if it helps!!! It can't hurt! I'll keep you posted!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Jacqueleena
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken out of your vacation to share your feedback with us.

All your comments are very important to us and we can assure you that measures have been taken in order to avoid the issues mentioned in your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and for not being able to exceed your expectations so far. Our main goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and we do hope that at the end of your stay this is reached.

Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Management Team for anything you may need, it would be a pleasure for us to assist you.

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Love the Grand!! One of the things I remember our concierge telling us upon arriving to our hotel room was "welcome home!". We stayed here for 8 days for our honeymoon, seems like a lot of days staying in one place but we always had something to do. The resort provides a lot of activities scheduled throughout the day to keep you active heaven forbid you get tired of laying out on their beautiful beach. We did yoga on the beach, learned archery, had meringue lessons, and did water aerobics etc!

I have to say along with other reviewers that an ocean view room is a must!!!! The view is absolutely gorgeous, I woke up every morning amazed at how beautiful the beach was. Our room was always fixed by the time we came back to our room, it felt like they were cleaning 4 times a day! The rest of our staff like our concierge Gonzalez was great! They were always willing to help and always checked up when they can about how our stay was going! Staff leading the activities such as Jenny, Marco, and Abraham were great! Always soo friendly while running into them and inviting us to join the activities going on.

As for the food and beverages, it was great! I had lobster pretty much every single day and can't count the amount of mojitos and bahama mamas I had. Their drink selection is definitely on point with an array of different types of liquor to choose from! As for their selection of dinner options was great, our favorite was Haiku, the japanese restaurant. We sent an email the day before our arrival about reserving and were quick to repond and ask us what times and restaurant we wanted for what days. We never got a response back but on our arrival we got tickets of all the dinner reservations and times we requested.

The grand was wonderful! We definitely want to go back sometime in the future. You won't regret your stay here, just make sure to bring a lot of bug spray though! Those mosquitos are not friendly!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Steph R

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience from your last stay with us at Grand Paraiso on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to read that you fully enjoyed your honeymoon time here with us and that you were satisfied with the services provided by our colleagues. We are also pleased to note that you enjoyed each aspect or your room, beach and food. These are some of the many details that make the Grand Paraiso, Grand.

We are also delighted to learn that you had a great time with our butler and star friends team participating in the daily activities by the pool, yoga on the beach, archery, meringue lessons, and water aerobics. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacational experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

6 mi away
Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 213 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!