“Fantastic Hotel”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My first trip to the Grand Hotel was simply fantastic.

Upon arrival we were met with Champaigne or a Cocktail. Booked in prompty and offered a free upgrade to a beach from room, however this was declined as it was only available with a double bed rather than 2 singles.

Room:
The room was very spacious with a jaccuzi bath and 2 sinks and a shower. I kept getting a small electric shock from the small lit mirrior, this was bought to the attention of the 'buttler' and was promptly replaced.
The room was suitably cool with effective A/C. The minibar was replenished daily with Alcoholic and Soft drinks.

Food & Drink:
The food was second to none. The Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner was very high quality with good choice. The A la Carte restaurants were impecable, particularly the Japaneese.
The Lobby bar served Popcorn with drink every evening/night. The Pool bar staff were brilliant and went to the effort of learning my name and what drinks i liked.

Beach & Pool:
The beach is spotless with plenty of small huts to use and is not overcrowded unlike the neighbouring Iberostar resorts.
Every morning the staff would place folded towels on all beds for you to pick. Chefs during the day bought ice creams round for guests.
The main pool unfortunately is salty which is hard on your eyes but still very nice to use and swim in.
The tranquility pool is very peaceful and far away from all the noise of the main pool and pool games.

Safety:
You feel very safe in this hotel as there are always security patrolling which are constantly, but subtly checking wrist bands and challenging people that should not be at the resort.

Entertainment:
The highlight of the holiday was the fantastic entertainment team. Consisting of; Eder, Eduardo, Andreas, Marco, Bachir, Jonathan, Jenny, Christian & Irais. They were all so friendly and offered great entertainment for the guests. They went the extra mile to ensure you have a good time, For example Marco went to the effort of going to his accomodation area to get a pack of cards for me to play with, Small things like that.
Entertainment is run throughout the day, Archery, Air Rifle shooting, Yoga, Volley Ball, Water Polo and various 'Pool Games' like water ballon fights, all done to win medals, hats and t-shirts.

The evening entertainment is done in the theatre and consists of live music shows, magic and other shows which are all quite amusing.

Staff:
The staff were brilliant, every floor has a 'Butler' which are brilliant. Ours unpacked and repacked out bags for us. The pool bar staff were very helpful and kind. The bar man in the theatre, Eli, came to know me by my first name and was very attentive and knew what I liked.

All in all, a very good experiance that I would like to repeat soon.
With no children at the resort this made it much easier to relax as you weren't constantly surrounded by loud children.

Room Tip: The rooms furthest away from the beach, next to the lobby, are a short 4/5 minute walk away for the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ajt91
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are pleased to know we exceeded your expectations on your first visit with our resort.

We pride ourselves on being conveniently located, offering a wide array of food and beverage, and the very best in personalized service. Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip was also greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more. However, we apologize for the inconvenience you had with the mirror.

We thank you sincerely for choosing the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Iberostar Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (6,151)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We traveled to the resort in 2010 for a couples trip. The Grand was exquisite with the best of everything that Iberostar has to offer. We could travel to the sister resorts, but ours was off limits to the others.

Nightly entertainment and with over 5 restaurants to choose from, we were full from dawn to dusk. The service was wonderful with waiters even coming out to the beach to fulfill our drink orders and to bring everyone fresh bottles of water.

They greeted us with warm towels for our hands and a drink in the lobby until our private golf cart came and escorted us to our suite. We had a butler named Victor for the week and he was very helpful and left us lots of fun little surprises in our room!

We ventured out to a jungle tour and I highly recommend visiting the cenotes and Mayan ruins even though it is about an hour ride from the coast. They picked us up right at the door and returned us at the end of the day.

The spa was in a mall area that was a 5 minute walk from the resort. I wish it had been in our resort, but the services were interesting and adequate when needing a refresher. In the same strip mall we discovered a small taqueria that we visited regularly during our stay. With only 5 seats in the house, but a wonderful cook and conversationalist we learned that our all-inclusive rights extended to the mall restaurants as well!!

It was such a wonderful vacation and I only hope we will be able to return one day soon!

Room Tip: Gotta stay oceanfront with the hammock swing for 2!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelgal080
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for the time that you have invested in writing such a nice review about our hotel. There is nothing more rewarding for us than knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay and that we have overcome your expectations.

We have already shared you comments with all of our staff; it is always very motivational for all of us to receive such nice words from our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again in the near future.

Iberostar México

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Both of our children have been to the Grand Paraiso and told us it was amazing! So my husband and I went for our 41st anniversary. First of all, the rooms need a little attention but then it is a beach property and that goes with the territory. Other than that, the property was the most wonderful we have ever been to! If I had to say why, it was because of the staff. Everything you could every want was taken care of....sometimes before you even asked! The food was absolutely delicious and the wine selection quite surprising. The shows in the evening were unbelievable. We did not expect professional singers, dancers, and band! I could go on and on about this venue, but I can not tell you enough about the people who made it all possible....the staff! I really don't care if we ever go anywhere else for a vacation. The amazing people at this resort will keep us coming year after year!! Thank you so much for the WOW!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach are were amazing, but the rooms over looking the tranquility pool and the gardens...
5  Thank Judy P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We highly appreciate that you took your precious time to publish your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

At Iberostar Grand Paraiso we are committed to consistently providing warm, welcoming and friendly service to our guests and your positive appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. Your comments are a great motivation for our efforts and have already been shared with our team.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I.G.P.W. ~ this is the medical condition you will experience upon returning home from a week here..."Iberostar Grand Paraiso WITHDRAW "!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I returned 5 days ago and are still depressed. The week was heaven. A dream. Where are my smiling happy faces? No one to say, "Of course, madame" to my every request. No star entertainer to make me feel like a celebrity???? Eduardo, Eder, Jenny, Christian, and Marco- I MISS YOU !!!!!! I am a real "foodie"- gained 8 pounds in one week. However, the Star Friends were the best part of my stay! Yes, even more than the top-shelf drinks, ocean front room, lobster daily, bathroom bigger than my diningroom. They truly are genuinely friendly, nice, fun, and the most hardworking people I have ever met! Eduardo and Marco...Im practicing my salsa/merange at home but its not the same without you!
This is our second stay here, and are planning our return next year without hesitation. Last year, I didnt participate in any of the activities during the day, but this year I did archery and dance lessons, and ping pong, and bingo and had a blast! The shows were very good- worth staying up for! the band and star entertainers are so talented. And we had so much fun at the Kareoke bar!!! Thank you Jenny for teaching me how to play poker!
Daniel, the pool bartender almost got smuggled in my suitcase home. As did Ulyses, and Cesar, two outstanding waiters. And I was so happy to see Olivia again this year- I hugged her so tight I think her baby almost came out. I loved the cooking lesson at the pool with her and Eduardo.
Now to say hello to my new friends who I hope to keep in touch with and meet again~ Amanda and Todd! Gloria and Mike!Vincenza and Phil ! Holly and Travis! Andy and mum Caroline!
Also, I forgot to swap info with the wedding group...Cina and Chris and brother Nick! Cina you looked beautiful . All of you were so nice. If I could do it all over again, I would get married at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso!!!!!
Other heavenly parts of my stay here... having my chair pulled out for me at every meal, getting cappuccino/coffe delivered to our room each morning and sitting on the balcony relaxing, the salt water activity pool, Samantha the sweet and smiling towel attendant, the comfortable beds on the beach, having a bubble bath drawn each night for me with champagne. I could go on and on.
For those skeptics who look for any negative comments, well fine. There were several instances of requesting certain things for our room that never made it, so I would say the concierge/butler part of the trip could be improved a bit. Also, the mani/pedi done at the spa in the shopping mall was very much below standard, and it was difficult to communicate with the woman as she did not speak any english. Oh well. What you have to keep in mind is they do the BEST they can at all times, and you just have to smile and say thank you! Despite some of these MINOR things, it was the best week of my life.
I have been to 7 all inclusive resorts at various islands (Punta Cana, Jamaica, Aruba) and nothing, compares to this one! Yes, it was more expensive than all the rest, but worth it! The star friends, staff, atmosphere, food, etc is beyond compare.
Thank you for a week of heaven!
See you next year!

Room Tip: Building 71, 2nd floor was perfect!
10  Thank lisageorge11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us once again and that everything from the location, to the food, rooms and the friendliness and helpfulness of our team corresponded or even exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate all of our guests’ comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities, because that helps us impulse and increase our ambition to achieve top quality service levels. It is our constant goal to keep impressing you on every visit and make it even better than last time.

Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip is also greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more.

There is immense pleasure of having a guest such as yourself who speaks in such high regard for our Hotel. We thank you for your support and above all your recommendation that makes our team proud. We are also glad to know you got the chance for getting new experiences as the salsa lessons; it is always nice to know that you can get something extra besides enjoying and being relaxed during your stay. Hopefully we will be in your memories when you listen to salsa music!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We actually stayed here in early November 2011, but unfortunately I am just getting around to praising this wonderful hotel! I am so thankful I chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. We knew we wanted to go to an all-inclusive hotel in a Caribbean location, but I didn't want something over-crowded, with too much of a party atmosphere, or with low quality food. The Iberostar Grand is the best hotel we've ever been to, and it actually ruined my wife for cruises because everything was so great a cruise we went on a few months later was a big letdown in comparison. The service was friendly and helpful. I didn't feel pressured to give tips, though I happily did so given the great job they did. The food was amazing at all the restaurants. My wife is a sushi snob but still enjoyed the Japanese restaurant. We both liked the French restaurant the best. The lunch buffets were great, too, and the hamburgers and chips and fresh guacamole were amazing! Actually, we nearly ate ourselves sick everyday the food was so good. The beach was also amazing, though the water was a little cool that time of year. One day we walked to the beach of the non-couples resort and it seemed so overcrowded in comparison to ours. The little activities they had each day were fun, like Salsa dancing lessons or water aerobics. That was great for my wife since she likes to stay active, but I also enjoyed quiet reading on the beach or a soak in the indoor jacuzzi. We went to one of the shows, while not bad wasn't the greatest, even though we could tell they put a lot into it. With our wristband we could venture into other hotels on the property, but it only made us appreciate the Grand even more! The room was very clean and nice, and we had an awesome view of the ocean. We could leave the door open and enjoy the sound of the waves and sea breeze. The bed was really comfy and we slept great. We appreciated that it wasn't noisy or rowdy around our room. The room service was prompt and good when we actually used it, but we enjoyed getting dressed up and going to the nice restaurants. All in all it was the best hotel experience we've ever had!

Room Tip: Beach-facing room view was amazing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheTouringTexan

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your visit to The Hotel Iberostar Grand Paraiso. We are delighted that it was your best hotel experience..

We have an extremely dedicated team of people who take great pride in looking after our guests and their needs and we are happy that we dealt successfully with all you requests for restaurant reservations and any other enquiries you may have had. We are also very pleased that you liked your room and the view of the beautiful Caribbean.

We have passed your kind feedback on to all the team who really do appreciate this kind of comments, and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future so we can make your next stay another memorable one.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our third stay at Iberostar Grand in Mexico. Because of this we were upgraded to an ocean view rooms. From all the places we have been so far this is the best. The property is beautiful and excellently maintained. The whole staff was extremely friendly and ready to serve us. This place has everything we are looking for to have a nice and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank aggie_855

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Also thank you very much for you loyalty, it is good to know that this was the third time you visited us.

We are glad to know that you are still enjoying our installations. Reading that our staff did a good job during your stay make us feel proud. Your review is a great source of motivation that helps us improve day by day.

We look forward to seeing you soon at our hotel. Please feel free to contact us in case you need any assistance.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have previously written about our wonderful stay at the Iberostar Grand Hotel in Punta Cana. We just got back form this resort and to our amazement found it even better. High praise to everyone, especially Victor, our butler and Gabrielle the hotel manager. The entire staff, with the exception of the golf staff, were unbelievably nice and helpful. Food, service, and the beautiful property will not disappoint even the most discerning traveler. The golf course was incredible. Great layout by Pete Dye's son and created a good challenge from multiple tee boxes. I'm confident that management has fixed the golf staff issues and that should not be a problem in the future. Management at all the Iberostar properties I have visited is quick to respond positively to any slight inconveniences.

Room Tip: Ocean front is obviously the best, but just staying ast this resort is a delight even with no view a...
4  Thank jeff c
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are happy to learn that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service and facilities.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team; no doubt will they be motivated by your kind words.

It was our pleasure to have served you and we hope that you will consider us as your vacation destination the next time you are thinking of visiting the Riviera Maya.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#2 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!