“best week ever”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I just return from a one week trip to Iberostar grand hotel paraiso as a solo traveveller and I had an amazing week. I had travelled by myself before but this time was the best . All thanks to the great staff everywhere. The room was great, the hotel is beautiful , the food is excellent too. What did the big difference was the staff. Everybody from the lobby , the waiter and especially the entertainment teem who were always friendly and never bothering. A special thanks to them all and especially Carmen , Augustin , Eduardo and Isabella. This will be the factor that will incite me to go back to this hotel in the future

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank nadiarobg
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor and for choosing Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you had an unforgettable experience with us and we will pass on the message to the team. We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (6,033)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My daughter was turning 40 and decided she would like to invite my husband and myself to join her husband & her on a get-a-way to celebrate. She was looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel perhaps in Aruba, but had heard from someone what a great place the Grand was. We are so glad we took that person's advice. The vacation could not have been more 'Grand'.
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms large and inviting and the staff could not have been nicer.
The food was great...so much choice at every meal and the wait staff could not do enough for us. Many thanks to Hugo, Theodore, Karen, Olivia and all those whose names I have forgotten.
The beach was so inviting...lots of seating...and lots of attention from our waiter, Reyes, who happily brought us our ice buckets of Corona. The pool and it's staff...also amazing.
The hotel was full when we checked in, but later in the week our daughter was offered an upgraded room on the beach because of the special birthday. She gratefully declined, but was surprised with a bottle of champagne to celebrate.
We could not have been more pleased with our choice and we are certain we will be back to this hotel soon. Thank you to all the staff for making this one of the best vacations ever!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank TheOldFOLKS_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and for writing your kind review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay!

Thank you also for your compliments – our whole team really appreciates them. We aim for service excellence so it is very rewarding to know we exceeded your expectations.

It would be a pleasure for us to contribute to your positive travel experiences in the future too.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just returned from "THE IBEROSTAR GRAND HOTEL PARAISO". I decided to vacation for my 50th birthday. Of course the holiday rates are alittle higher than the usual, but It was my birthday and I wanted the BEST. I could never had imagined a better vaction anywhere. We looked at alot of options and decided on the Mayan area of Cancun because it wasn't that far flight wise. We have grown children and small granchildren, but decided on an Adult Only property, and were we glad we did. Being the holiday, the hotels were packed. The Iberostar Grand is next to four other Iberostars which cater to families. The private beach was just what I needed, even at the hotels full capacity the beach was very quiet. The pool was hopping, but we like beach. The only thing was to get a hut my husband went out every morning to secure one for me at around 630a, picked up our towels the night before. If you are an early riser no problem. The room was fantastic, but the butler service was outstanding. They work as a team but all went the extra mile to provide me with the best birthday ever. Lots of surprises in room and extra attention all week. The best thing I thought was the food. We have been to quite a few All-Inclusives and have always been leary of buffets and quality. The food was Amazing, ever meal quality beyond expectations. The restaurants do require reservations so take care of that the day you arrive. Room service was even as was served in restaurants and I loved that they returned promply to retrieve the service when we were finished. I could never say enough great things about this hotel and we Will be going back even without special occassion excuse. In the end the price was worth every penny....and really only proves you get what you pay for.....SO LIVE IT UP!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Joseph S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We were happy to learn that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team and no doubt they will be motivated by your kind words.

It was our pleasure to have served you and we hope that you will consider us as your vacation destination the next time you are thinking of visiting the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the most amazing hotel i think i've ever been to.
I work for Thomas Cook and know how much range of fantastic hotels there are in Mexico and this definatly tops them all!
I won a competition with my company and chose this hotel based on the fact the reviews and the look of the hotel were excellent, and i am so glad i did!!
I travelled with my boyfriend and you receive a cold towel and a glass of champagne on arrival along with a "welcome home" off the bellboys.
We went for two weeks in April 2012 and could have stayed for another two weeks!
It is on a complex part of another 4 or 5 hotels which we could dine in but the other hotels are not allowed in this one. We dined in all the resaurants in our hotel, the steakhouse and mexican in the others. I love my food so i was in heaven every single time we dined. Our Favourite was the Surf & Turf and the Japenese but they were all amazing!!
At breakfast and lunch you get a buffet but you can also choose of an a la carte menu if you wish...you can have what you want when you want...
The rooms are very spacious along with the bathrooms which have a huge spa bath and two sinks for him and her.
The butler will stock your fridge to whatever you wish.. we asked for corona, limes, vodka and coke.. he had no fridge minis left so he brought us a full bottle of absolute vodka!!!
There is also pool and beach waiter service, whatever drink you want itll be there within minutes.
The service is excellent, me and my boyfriend are 19-21 so we like to be lively so we went to the onsight nightclub twice which is also all inclusive drinks, all your top shelf liqour if your staying in this hotel (Grey Goose, Corona, Blue Saphire etc..)
I cannot say a bad thing about this hotel i could go on and on but there would be too much to stay.
Will definatly be returning when i have saved up !!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tranquilty pool which wasn't salt water and we preferred this,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank samantha c

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your last vacations, we really appreciate your kind feedback about our hotel.

We are really happy to know you were able to enjoy every moment during your stay and that our services and facilities met your expectations. We are compromised to continue working on being better every time, so reviews like yours motivates us even more.

As you are now part of our family we look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back 

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a trip I had planned for my girlfriend and I to get away from the stress and hectic lifestyle we live. Within the first minute of stepping out of the cab, we knew we were in for a special experience.

During check-in we were told we would be receiving a complimentary upgrade to a ocean suite, no special reason, just because! We would of been more than happy with our original reservation in the standard Jr. suite but in true Iberostar fashion, they exceeded our expectation. While the front desk staff was getting everything set, a waitress approached us and we were offered daiquiri style mango drinks to really set mood of the Rivera Maya. Remember, this is a "all inclusive" resort, leave it at home, forget all your worries, you do not need to do anything, from the minute you step into the lobby, the staff will have anything and everything you may need or want.

The quality of the Iberostar Grand's all inclusive is top notch! Top shelf liquors, premium beers and food anybody would salivate over. A mini fridge in your room, stocked daily with top shelf/premium beverages and snacks, is quite a special touch. After drinking Dos Equis, Tecate, Sol and Victoria for a few days, the guy stocking the fridge asked me if I had any preference on our beverage selection. I said sure why not, how about some Corona, done! There are 4 reservation style restaurants in addition to the two buffet style restaurants. For us, we were so pleased with the buffets and the room service we didn't even make reservations to eat at the other restaurants. With lobster and caviar at your buffet, why go anywhere else? (I'm not kidding about lobster and caviar at the buffets)

There are a total of 5 Iberostar resorts on the "compound". The best part about staying at the Grand is, you have access to all of the other resorts but only you can access to the Grand! Restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, entertainment, pools, beaches and whatever else the other resorts may have, you can use and then retreat back to your exclusive Grand. We did this a few times but with only 6 days, we only saw a fraction of what Iberostar has to offer.

If you are looking for paradise, look no further, this is it! With the 5 star service, 5 star staff, 5 star restaurants, 24 hour room service and Vegas style entertainment nightly, there is truly is no other! The Iberostar Grand Paraiso is the definition of 5 star!

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked outstanding but you cant beat the ocean suites!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Joshua T
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations on your visit to our resort! We pride ourselves on being conveniently located, offering a wide array of food and beverage, and the very best in personalized service.

We thank you sincerely for having chosen the Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your recent Mexican vacation and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Travelled to the Iberostar from December 27, 2012 to January 3, 2013 with 4 other couples. We were all very impressed with the quality of service, accomodation, grounds and most of all the food. We have travelled to many other all inclusive and this is the first time I would ever say that we would return to the same place. Woudl definately recommend this hotel for an awesome relaxing vacation

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank FrequentFlyer1

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you have experienced an outstanding stay at Iberostar Grand Paraíso. Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is cause for great satisfaction to read that you are impressed with the quality of service that we offer; we work constantly to improve day by day, so it means that we are on the right track.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed all our surroundings and services.

We are confident that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a very nice resort. The food is excellent, the accommodation is very nice and the staff is helpful and pleasant. The resort property is large and affords many pleasant walks and has varied facilities including a shopping mall and medical office. The beach is very clean and you can walk for a long distance. Overall, a nice vacation destination.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank scoleme

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and all the staff we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to have served you by choosing Iberostar Grand Paraíso and also for taking the time to share your comments about our services.

We look forward to seeing you again and make sure you have an unforgettable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
6 mi away
Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 214 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!