Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$277
$240
$848
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$327
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$320
$264
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$408
$222
$347
$305
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
6,259 results
All reviewstranquility poolsurf and turfocean frontlobsterla brisaindoor poolstar friendsbutler servicelobby barpillow menuother resortsoceanfront roominternational buffetpool conciergewelcome homelunch buffettop shelf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just returned from our second trip to the Grand. Our first visit to the Grand was during their first year of opening. Albeit it was fabulous, we were a bit disappointed in the beach, in particular the very rocky entry to the ocean. Our travels took us to the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and to Secrets Maroma for a few trips, mainly because we truly appreciated the pristine beaches in both of these locales. However, this time around the beach and ocean in front of our Building (#70) was soft, powdery and truly free of rocks with a sandy smooth entry. The ocean was a bit rough at times (clouds/rain for a couple of days) but boasted an absolutely gorgeous turquoise/aqua color. It was truly comparable with the award-winning Maroma Beach and in my opinion the Iberostar chain is far superior to Secrets.

Being from New York and from a family of restaurant owners, we are tough customers, so to speak. That being said, every meal, restaurant and the elegant buffets at lunch and dinner were superior. Grilled lobster, lamb chops, filet mignon, coconut shrimp just to name a few of the lunch choices, were exemplary. Master Chef Peter (“blue eyes”) was a genius. Chef Omar went above and beyond preparing a special meal in the Italian restaurant for us and Chef Olivia was a true connoisseur.

The woman (so sorry forgot her name) at the concierge of Building 70 upon our arrival was excellent. Anything we needed was just a phone call away. My iphone charger was NOT in my luggage upon arrival at the Cancun airport. When we realized this upon unpacking, we called the concierge and were told “not to worry” the staff was more than accommodating in getting our phone charged for the duration of our stay. Personally, we feel that the concierge is all you really need. Our butler, Henry, greeted us upon arrival, gave us a “tour” of our room, we tipped him considerably but never saw him again for the entire week. Again, this is just our opinion.

Myrna was fabulous every day at the Tranquility Pool. The moment she saw us we were met with her very warm & sincere greeting “what can I bring you?”

A special shout out as well to Eli and Sara in the Spa. Our couples massage was heavenly and truly worth every penny.

Lastly, every member of the Grand staff was courteous, friendly, helpful and genuinely happy to be there.

YES, the Grand has truly won us back, and we are already planning our return visit.

Room Tip: Building 70 is just perfect. 2nd or 3rd floor rooms will boast the best views.
12  Thank Lucie117
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear guest,
On behalf of IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraiso we would like to thank you such a nice review of your recent stay at our hotel, We were to glad to read that you enjoyed the friendly, warm and attentive service we provide all of our guests. It is always motivating for the staff to receive comments like yours.
We hope to have the honor to welcome you back for third time at the resort.
Iberostar Mexico.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I were there from 09/22/12 to 09/29/12 - 7 full days of fun.
We were upgraded to an ocean front room free of charge. Highly recommend ocean front for the convenience. Plus our room was on the first floor - it was nice not having to go up and down stairs, just walk out to the beach, pool, etc.

I won't go into the details about what is all great about this resort, because everyone else has done a good job of that already.
But to summarize the service, food, drinks, beach, pool, people, and fun were better or equal to any other resort I have been to and we have been to some nice 5 star resorts in Maui. We never found any reason to leave the resort.

There are a few area's that could be improved and I only mention them to let other people be aware and to help Iberostar improve this resort even more. They should not stop anyone from going to this resort.
1) Wifi only in the the lobbies, not in the room. So all the smartphone, notebook people that don't have international cellular data will have very limited access to back home. And this limited wifi did not work very well anyway. Often it took a day to get an email sent, it did better with receiving emails. Gave up on trying to surf the web. They said they have network cable capability in the rooms for laptops, but do people still have those?
2) Limited English TV channels and no sports bar type place to watch US sports. So trying to catch a college football game was not possible and I couldn't get score updates on the wifi (see above).
3) The beach/pool lounge chairs are very pretty, but not comfortable. The loose pad on top always slide down when trying to sit up in the chair. But this was not a big issue, it just seemed like a nice resort would have more functional types of chairs.

The above items were the only issues I could find at this excellent resort and they did not deter us from having a great time - I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are close to the beach, pools, and main restaurants.
10  Thank Danny K

Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for the time you invested to write us. We appreciate your kind feedback as we are committed to offer a luxurious accommodation and the best quality of food and beverages, we must continue working to improve in our services and in some areas of the hotel.
For sure we will do our best effort working hardly on those aspects. We will very glad if you give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future!
Warm Regards,
Iberostar Mexico.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Let me start out by telling you that this is our second great Mexican Vacation. Michael McHugh from Dream Makers Vacation Services arranged both of our incredible vacations. My husband and I love the adults only resorts and this was terrific! We thought it would be impossible to top Secrets Maroma where we vacationed last summer, but we did. This is not to say that Secrets Maroma wasn't fantastic because it was great. We missed their terrific beach, but we enjoyed the fact that the Grand had a more diverse clientele (not so many twenty-something honeymooners). Let me break it down to what we really loved about the Grand:

Facility: The place is absolutely beautiful with marble everywhere. The grounds are lush and the buildings are pristine. We loved eating lunch at Las Brisas restaurant overlooking the ocean. Our room was quite nice with a fantastic oceanfront view (building 71). Even though we were on the first floor, we still thought the view was great and enjoyed not having to take the elevator or stairs to get to our room. The place is immaculately kept with walkways and buildings always pristine.

Beach: The beach is quite nice and I enjoyed the distance between the palapas. We never felt that our conversation was being overheard. The beach was a bit rocky so you had to be carefully where you entered the water. The sand was soft and the ocean was debris free. The water was a bit murkier than Maroma, so I couldn't see fish swimming around me. The wait staff was always available to take my drink order and always returned quickly asking if I wanted another beverage.

Restaurant: I understand that food is a personal preference so I won't tell you which restaurant was my favorite and which was my least favorite, just know that there will be restaurants which you are bound to enjoy. Lobster was so plentiful that I haven't ordered any since I returned from our vacation. The breakfast buffet was great and you could always order off the a la carte menu to supplement your meal. Lobster blinis - yum!!! Lunch was also great and I especially enjoyed the food being grilled at the outdoor grill - fresh lobster, shrimp.... Chicken ceasar salad was freshly tossed at a station inside the restaurant. I can go on and on... I also want to point out I am not the biggest fan of buffets but I enjoyed these greatly. We never ate at a dinner buffet because we enjoyed the restaurants so thoroughly.

Bars:
Each evening, before dinner, my husband and I enjoyed a drink at the Lobby Bar. It is a great spot to get top drawer alcohol with a bit of entertainment. Sometimes, there was an entertainer singing, a Mariachi band playing, or even entertaining people watching.

Gym:
I used the gym each morning located below the spa. It was small but had the equipment I needed. A juice bar is located right outside the gym to provide a fresh juice as I walked back to the room. I wish a coffee bar had been there, too but oh well!

Pools:
We went to the Tranquility Pool in the late afternoon. It was a nice quiet spot to relax. The water was perfect and it was not very crowded. There was drink service provided, too.

Staff:
Last , but the best was definitely the employees. I can't say enough positive comments about the people that work at the Grand. Victor, our butler, was the best. He always greeted us with a smile, our names, and a desire to do something for us. Anything we wanted... a drive to the shopping center, refill on our room bar, making sure we had turn down service. The front desk staff was great as well, providing us with a beautiful room we thoroughly enjoyed. Waitstaff in the restaurants, maid service, concierges, butlers....thank you!

My complaints are so minor that I am reluctant to state them but if the resort reads reviews maybe it would help. As others have stated the lounge cushions on the beach need to be replaced. Wifi really needs to be upgraded. It should be able to hold a signal in the rooms and not just in the building lobby. Last, the crepes and waffles should not be made in advance. They get cold too quickly. A fresh one was made when I asked but I felt a little uncomfortable asking for them when they were already there.

In closing, I just want to thank you for a terrific vacation. What a great way to end our summer (August 14th - August 21st).

Room Tip: Loved ocean front building 71
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank jscw6
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review which you have shared with other travelers. We appreciate that you have allowed us the honor of serving you. Your evaluation is of special importance to us as you have had the opportunity to compare our property and services whit other hotels. The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from our guests is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service. Your recommendation of our property is also encouraging our Management and staff who ensure that your vacation is relaxing.

We appreciate that you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: scenic property, delicious and varied food; friendly and efficient staff and relaxing beach. Your suggestions have been duly noted and we assure you that we will bear them in mind.
We hope that you will not hesitate in returning in the near future and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We just got back from a 5 day trip to the Iberostar Grand Paraiso with another couple. We can't say enough great things about the trip! Everything was over and above our expectations. From the minute that we checked in we were greeted with smiling faces and a welcoming staff. The room was gorgeous and well appointed. We were told that the hotel was at about a 50% occupancy because we were there during their low season. We felt as though the entire resort was ours alone! I would recommend visiting there in Sept. The guys palyed golf and really enjoyed the course. The girls opted for the relaxing massage at the spa in the shopping center.
The shows in the evening were very professionally done...and the food was EXCELLENT everywhere we ate. We really enjoyed the Surf and Turf and the Japenese restuarant. The pools were beautiful and the bartenders at the swim up bar were more than happy to accomodate any requests we came up with. If your are debating about this hotel...don't give it another thought! It is top notch!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are gorgeous but we had exactly the same room overlooking the gardens..loved it.
8  Thank Stacey J

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments on trip advisor and for choosing Iberostar Gand for your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you had an unforgettable experience with us and we will pass on the message to the team. We thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back!!!

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hola!! The GREAT: The room was big, bed was comfy, and the maid staff did an excellent job keeping us in clean towels. The entertainment --I can’t say enough about the nightly entertainment provided by Carlos and the crew. Much to my surprise Carlos helped my fiancé with his proposal on Saturday night. The restaurant staff from the hostess, to the servers and the bus boys is top notch. Thank you Hugo, the manager at Tony's (our favorite restaurant). Omar’s grilled lobsters and shrimp tacos were exceptional! Thank you Olivia, for teaching me how to make guacamole. The bartenders (especially Edgar) I’m not sure how; but they remember your name and what you like to drink. The star friends and dancers – especially Carolina and David - thank you! Finally, The team at the dive center – thanks for opening up a new world for us. The COULD BE BETTER: Butler – didn’t see him till day 3 when we sought him out and introduced ourselves (very different from our experience at the Grand in Montego Bay). My fiancé arranged for flowers to be delivered to the room twice – when he coordinated this with the concierge in Montego Bay; the staff exceeded expectations by covering the floors with rose petals. Here they just bought in the arrangements. Front desk experience: We were having such a fabulous time on vacation we decided to add a day (from 8-9); we tried to work this with our travel agent back home and the front desk; sadly they couldn’t work it out and we ended up paying way too much money to stay an additional night (we did anyway) . The BAD: MOSQUITOS!!
Overall it was a blast, thank you to the friends we met during our stay. We’re planning a destination wedding and hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: 7239 - not a beach view room but close to everything
5  Thank akitatstravel
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear guest:

We highly appreciate that you took your precious time to write a detailed review. Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip was also greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more. Both your pros and cons comments have been forwarded to the responsible managers, and we assure you that we will bear them in mind.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and provide you with a great stay showing that we have improved our service for you.
Best regards