I spent hours on trip advisor prior to booking out trip and felt it very important to submit my opinion.
We had 34 guests staying at the El Dorado for our wedding from Sept 23-30. Our Guests consisted of Couples, young singles in thier 20's, and even grandparents and we had not one complaint. Everyone had an amazing time.
We booked a casita and it was marvelous. We had 2 other couples in casitas and the remainder of our guests were spread out throughout the resort. Our guests never felt like they were treated differantly than those staying in Casitas. Besides having a different towel color and a seperate reception our guests all felt they had exceptional service.
The resort is Huge and there is a lot of walking but they do provide golf carts to get you around. The grounds are breathtaking.
The beach was beautiful. We didn't have any issues with the sandbags in the ocean. It's because of these that we're able to float in the ocean for hours at a time. The beach had rocky spots but nothing terrible.
The food was amazing. It's true there'e no where to grab a quick bite but it's worth it. They spare no expense when preparing the food or drinks. Our favorites were the pool side BBQ restraunt for lunch, the Dorado Hot Dog was so good! We really like D'italia for dinner. We had the dinner on the beach and upgraded to lobster and this is the best meal we've eaten in months!
I don't know how anyone can complian about the service here. Every server we had was more then accomidating and never expected tips although we tipped for every meal. The bartenders are all great and never cheap out on the alcohol. Try the seven blocks, a drink that is 7 shots of liqour, good times! Julio at the casita pool bar was awesome. We commented how good his ceasers were and the only thing that would make them better would be olives, 10 minutes later we had olives. That's service! Our wedding coordinators were really great and organized everything. We spent our wedding day sitting by the pool. I never stressed once. It was fantastic.
We had guests who frequented the Sandals chain and said the El Dorado surpassed Sandals hands down.
If you want a relaxing, beautiful vacation that serves the best of everything this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico