We just returned from our stay at El dorado Royale and it is a beautiful resort. We were there from Dec 12 to 19th. We had great weather, very humid the first few days, hot and sunny. We had some heavy rains at night, but this helped the humidity. Lets start with the grounds:
Grounds" they are lovely, the flowers are beautiful and full of colour, very well maintained and clean.
Rooms: nice, we had an oceanfront jr jaquzzi suite, the view was limited as we were on the second floor and had a tree in front of our room, also the boardwalk along the front of the rooms was lined with trees. You could see some ocean, but if you are staying in an oceanfront, ask for the 3rd floor, there you can see.
The rooms were clean and nice, nothing great, but comfortable
Food: I can not see how people said the portions were small, yes the appetizer but they are everywhere, You had more food than you could eat. We only had an appetizer and our main entree and we usually could not have dessert as we were full. The food is excellent, we did not have one bad meal, every meal was better than the last. Kampai is great, we went for lunch and dinner, fantastic. Jo Jo's was great, same menu for lunch and dinner. The fish & chips is excellent, fish is red snapper and large pieces. La Isla was also amazing for all three meals. D'talia was excellent, had an hour wait there, but we passed the time in the Martini bar. They give you a buzzer when your table is ready.
Check in for us was bad, we arrived around 2:30Pm, our room was not ready, we were told to come back in about an hour, we had one of the restaurants call to see if our room was ready they said 15 minutes and someone would come get us. We waited another 45 minutes and flagged down one of the staff in a golf cart, his name was Roberto, he said he would go get our luggage, our keys and come back and pick us up to take us to our room, he came back as promised and took us to our room, he apologize, we should have been given a buzzer to advise when our room was ready.
The only issue with staff was the front desk. They asked for our credit card to put a $500.00 deposit on, I refused, told them I do not want a charge of $500.00 on my card gaining interest for a week for nothing, the girl didnt like that, said " don't you have $500.00" I still refused and they made me sign I would pay for all charges.
The beach is rocky and the red flag was up , but there are a number of pools,
We were usually at the main pool by Ls Isla, large, near the end they had an issue with the filter system, after the big storm, the pool was not as clean as I would like, but you can just go to another one.
The last two days we were there a large group of loud mouth American yahoo's showed up. We don't need to hear them yelling at the top of their voices to make their presence known, It is an adult resort, if I wanted that I would have gone were there are kids allowed.
We have been to cancun a number of time, have always loved it, and this was no different.
I would return to the El dorado, great resort, excellent food, great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico