My husband and I returned yesterday from a three night stay in a swim-up casita. The room was amazing with a huge tub, outdoor shower, two person jacuzzi and porch that led right up to a lazy river/swimming pool. It was beautiful. We loved walking out of our room into the pool. It was great, but if you aren't going to spend a lot of time in your room, I wouldn't worry about spending the extra money. Casitas are great for relaxing. We didn't even make it to sunbathe on the beach.
The resort seems to have everything, but it is very spread out and the casitas environment seems very quiet and relaxing. The regular part of the resort is more lively. There is no separate resort section as of this week. Regular room guests are allowed to use the pools & bars of the casita section as their own. There is no way to know the difference in casita guests vs. non-casita guests.
We are not into gourmet food, so we thought the breakfast and lunch were good, but the dinner was a bit too fancy for us. This was no fault of the El Dorado, just personal taste.
Most everything you read about the smell, beached whales, dinner reservations, etc in reviews is true, but if you let that overpower the sheer beauty and spectacular service of this resort, then that is a real shame.
You will have a great time, casita or not. The place is amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico