My soon to be hubby and myself were at the El Dorado Royale Spa & Resort from Mar. 3-10, 2005 not be confused with the El Dorado Seaside. This resort is amazing, the grounds are so pretty covered in flowers everywhere.
OK here is our expereince: We arrived at the resort at 11:30 a.m and our room was not ready and we did not expect it to be as check in time is 3:00 p.m at this time we were told that they would be put us in a garden room for the night and move us to our oceanfront in the morning which they did and they gave us $100 certificate that you can use at the spa, gift shops, excursion or the moonlight dinner for the inconvienience, during our trip we spoke to several people and this seems to be normal practice so don't get upset, remember your in paradise. After that we changed into our bathing suits (put them in your carry-on and whatver else you might need for when you get there) the resort will take care of your luggage. So we were able to enjoy the resort right away. Our first stop was Jojo's (pronounced Yoyo's) at the beach for lunch, YUMMY, this I will say right now the food at this resort is amazing, there are 5 restaurants to choose from, there is the Kampai, La Isla, La Cocotal, La Italia, and the Mexican all YUMMY and of course there is the beach restaurant for burgers, pizza and dogs throughtout the day, best burgers ever! and of course there is always room service which is limited but again very good, loved the club sandwich.
RESERVATIONS for dinner, I would suggest you make them on your arrival and you can make reservations up to 3 days in advance, do it! or you may get stuck with late time.
THE BEACH, one complaint, I couldn't find any shells! ;) the beach is very clean, the sand white and soft and no rocks. There are sand dunes in the water that are covered in black tarps, they are in place to break the waves, from a far they looked like beach whales, we swam out to them and sat on them. The water is absoultely beautiful, crystal clear and warm.
BEACH CHAIRS, ok here is gets a little hairy, wasn't to pleased with this but this is the way it goes, most people get up very early and run out to whereever the beach, the main pool, the beds on the beach and place their towels on the chairs this is how you "reserve" your chair and then go back to bed, or whatever, I never did this because I don't find this to be a fair practice but I never had a problem getting a spot except for the main pool, forget it, we spent about 4 hours one day at the main pool, when we got there, there were several chairs with towels but no people that whole 4 hours the people never returned this is what is rude, People, if you plan to be more than hour don't hog the chairs for nothing let someone else enjoy them, remember paradise, serenity now lol.
SMELL, there is a wee smell at the back side of the resort facing the jungle, this has to do with the mangroves, there is a write up about in your room, this is the only place you smell it, it's kinda of a sulphur smell but it is not that bad.
STAFF, AMAZING! the staff is very friendly, the couldn't be nicer if they tried, you are greeted with an HOLA! wherever you go and they are always smiling, the maids are wonderful, the make towel art everyday and leave it on your bed (see pics), the bar keep again all pleasant people and they can mix a mean drink, just ask. Right Rosenberg and Luis ;).
DRINKS, they have premium stuff such as Seagrams, Canadian Club etc. as for beer there is only XXX in draft, there are no bottles and no Corona ;(and in your room there is cans of Tecat kinda like EX).
OVERALL: The Resort is the best all-inclusive I think you will find on the Mayan Riviera, the staff is amazing, the food is exceptional, did I mention they won an award for their italian restaurant? you will taste it for yourself.
Almost forgot, we took advantage of the $100 certificate and spent it on the moonlight dinner, if you like seafood do the dinner, it was a 5-course meal and I was rolling out of my chair when we were done, it was so good all this accompanied by a rolling sax player he was amazing. Finally, remember this is a couple's resort, if your looking for singles this is not the place for you. ENJOY! it would be hard not to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico