I had avidly read trip advisor for months after booking this holiday and have been on the forum loads of times. We were on honeymoon and stayed in the Casita section 29 . I do think an English perception may be different to perhaps American as Americans are much more use to Luxury Hotels than most British. We found the food increadible we only stayed a week and never tired of the variety, choice quality and presentation. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We liked our section 29 best as we thought section 28 and 30 the pool seemed to be in the shade all day and too close to the main walk way . Also they are building section 31 now so although you can't see it i am sure you would here noise all day in section 30. Trips we went to excaret which was brilliant we also booked a deep sea trip with First Choice which wasn't very good but the conciege told us afterwards all of these big trips are the same and people never catch a thing and to see them and they will hook you up with some locals (pardon the pun)
As we were in Casitas we could always get a bed round the pool but we still couldn't get a bed on the beach. We were on the way to breakfast at 7 most mornings and they were gone. In the end we thought we would have to give up and play the game and had to put towels on them at 6.30 on the last day just so we could actually go on the beach ! I can understand non casita guests being really annoyed if they couldn't get a bed anywhere as coming from the UK they have still paid a lot of money, usually double what lucky Amercians pay.
The spa is fantastic all guest can use the casita Spa which has its own hydro pools and sun bathing area . We also had the sky massage on the beach which was heaven. The beach has lovely sand but we couldn't go in the sea once. I am not a beach lover and wasn't too concerned as we live by the beach here but even i was craving just to be able to swim once in the ocean but it is far to rocky and the waves were to choppy.
We Initially requested the Candelit Dinner on the beach with our concierge as we believed it was included in our honeymoon package. He asked when we married and we explained 2 months ago (we delayed it to co inside with my husbands 40th)He said it has now changed you have to be married less than a month so it would cost us about £140, we reluctantly booked for our last night. On thinking about this every meal there is romantic and perfect and we decided we had paid £2,900 for a weeks holiday and it was mad to pay any more money. When we went to cancel he came back to us an hour later and told us it was ok it would be free ! This confirmed he was just on commision and we felt a bit ripped off but i suppose they have to earn a living and the lobster meal was out of this world. Feel free to ask any questions and have a look at posts i have put on forums re clothes and airport . Have a great time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico