El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$353
$240
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$327
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$320
$264
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$408
$222
$347
$305
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
11,181 results
All reviewsmartini barhealth barswim up roomsanta fesand bagscasita sectionk teamla isla poolfuentes poolour honeymoonroom serviceoutdoor showerswing bargreenhouse tourpersonal conciergewine pairingculinary theatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have been here twice and we are going for our 3rd time this spring. If you want total elegance, outstanding service, exceptional food, and lots of peace and tranquility, this is the resort for you! You will be treated like royalty by every single staff person you encounter. Yet, they respect your privacy and they are not the least bit intrusive. The pools are so beautiful and they have some fun activities in the afternoon, if you should wish to watch or participate.....or you can go to the other pools where it is more peaceful. The beach is lovely, but we are not really "beach people", so for that, I understand that the SEASIDE by Karisma has a better beach. But this location has the most restaurant choices and the best food. Great entertainment every night after dinner! We are extremely pleased with our trips here and we will continue to visit!

Room Tip: We had a room close to the Entertainment Centre on our first trip there and it was too noisy after midnight (they keep the music going until 1 or 2am). So we asked to be moved, and they gladly put us in a much quieter area with no problem at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We really lucked out on this trip! We originally booked our stay at Ocean Maya Royale,however they overbooked that resort ,and we were upgraded to this resort.No increase in our price which was about half of what it would have cost to book here! Where do I start ,with the gorgeous room?,with the awesome restaurants?,with the many excellent pools ( all with swim up bars )?,or with the friendly staff ?How about I just say this resort takes excellence to a whole new level.There is one less than perfect aspect and it is minor ,while the beach is beautiful ,in the water the bottom is quite rocky .If you are bare foot you will want to watch where you step.We have water shoes which solved this( though going barefoot would have been preferred ) Also I would advise skipping the " Dinner Theater "It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.The bartender and wait staff were eager ,fast and fun.Getting drinks is never an effort.We loved our stay here and hope to return .Also they should give Louiz a raise ,( great chocolate party in the martini bar,as well as organizing activities )I want to thank El Dorado for a thoroughly enjoyable vacation and also Ocean Maya for overbooking !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 420Alan_
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We did tons of research before we chose El Dorado, and we were soooo glad we did. Travelling as two girls looking for a pampered girls week away, we were looking for a relaxing luxurious break with excellent food being a top priority.
From the moment we stepped into the stunning lobby and were presented with a flute of chilled Champagne, we were treated incredibly well. The staff we met were fantastic, professional and friendly, they are a credit to the hotel.
We had a beautiful renovated twin bedroom with tons of room for all our clothes (two girls travelling together we need our wardrobe space!). Air-con worked well, big flat screen TV, good shower, decent sized balcony and a nicely stocked mini bar. I thought the room service menu was extensive and the food excellent (especially the desserts). There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, but our favourite was JoJo's, such a beautiful view out towards the Ocean...I could eat the fish and chips there every day!! The cocktails were amazing too. Kampai was fantastic too - try to go for breakfast, it's a very pretty restaurant and even nicer in the daytime with the view down to the beach. Cocotal was also lovely for breakfast - so much choice - and I loved the Mimosas. For excellent Chocolate Martinis, head to the Martini bar in the main lobby building.
We just wanted a quiet relaxing holiday and we always managed to find a peaceful spot either by one of the many pools or on the beach. The "beach whales" didn't bother us at all - they are there for a good reason and I found the beach more beautiful than I had anticipated.
I liked the dress code, it was fun to dress up a little in the evening. We only went to Guacamayas a couple of times in the evening (due to jetlag from the UK!) but it was a fun atmosphere and the bar swings were lovely.
We were so sad to leave. I have never booked a hotel twice in my life...but we are going back to El Dorado in March and we are literally counting down the days!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I cannot recommend El Dorado Royale highly enough you will not be disappointed!

Our You Tube Clip - http://youtu.be/dlOWgpnEfTw

My partner and I stayed here in Sept 2013, it was our first visit to Mexico and we did not want to come home.

The resort is beautiful and immaculately kept. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The food is lovely and it is the best I have had on a foreign holiday, lots of choice and we were never stuck for something to order. Had some great cocktails, thank you to Israel and Enrico at Jo Jo's Bar they were fantastic and great fun. I can also highly recommend the chocolate martini in the Martini Bar.

We will be going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkusandGaily
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Normally I am skeptical of all inclusives, but a friend recommended it and it was fantastic! The grounds are immaculately kept and the majority of the fruits and vegetables are grown in the local greenhouse on site. So many pools we didn't get to them all, as well as so many restaurants that we couldn't try them all either. They had Grey Goose Vodka and Glenlevit Scotch, so every like up until those was a accommodated. Only hiccup was the first night they gave us a room with two twin beds and they fixed it the second day. Spa services were also great and no kids is a necessity, so overall, still a 5 star for the property!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple