We are seriously picky and this hotel and staff are amazing with the wow factor! I have been all over the world in various 4 and 5* hotels and this is the best holiday we have ever had! From the greeting at reception to the golf cart drivers who take your luggage to your room - 3 floors up and won't let you touch your bags!
Rooms spacious, 2 double beds, 40" flat screen tv with 50 odd channels, free mini bar, balcony with hammock and chairs. Massive bathroom, seperate wc, walk in shower and jacuzzi that will fit 2 if not more. It was all very clean, plenty of bottled water. Free room service was a novel idea and the concerige are great.
If you're going down to the Castis restaurants at night, call your concerige and they will bring the golf carts up to your room to take you down. We stayed in block in 11 by reception and it takes about 20 mins to walk all the way down to the end of Castis. After seeing both hotel complexes, the majority of restaurants, bars, activities are down the royale end and when you walk down to Castis there wasn't much to do or many customers so I definatley wouldn't upgrade to Casits.
Resort again v.clean, staff always present and willing to help and v.polite. Beach beautiful and very safe - we went kayaking, parasailing $65pp and jet ski $50 per jet. Get up early before 8 to reserve your cabana with a roof, if not you won't get much shade during the day. You get the beach towels daily from the huts where they sell the jet ski trips from. A great way to start the day is the Yoga facing the beach - it is something you will never forget!
Food is cordon bleu and if it's not how you want it they will tailor make it to your request. I didn't see any difference in service between tipping and not. The pizzeria is great for vegetarians and plenty of non pizza options. Health food bar was good as well and Kampai the asian restaurant was excellent - you need to try the tempura ice-cream!
Greenhouse tour with Luiz very interesting and you get to taste the produce. Don't worry if the weather's not great, as soon as it gets bad it's all hands on deck and the entertainment team come out with loads of things to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico