Just got back from a 5 night stay at the El Dorado Royale. Got a great deal thru Costco Travel. Had an ocean front Jr. Suite, and was very pleased with the room. Had plenty of dining options, and checked out almost every one of them. Drank top shelf drinks all day long :-) I really liked the casual JoJo's,restaurant that was beachfront and next to the bar that had swings as seats. There was plenty to do. Met some nice people while playing beach volleyball. Had never done an all-inclusive and was worried that we'd miss some of the local culture that way. Took a taxi into Playa Del Carmen one day to do a little shopping and get a change of scenery ($25 UCD each way). Hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle on certain days, but it does fill up. PDC was a nice diversion. Also did a day excursion to Chichen Itza. Shot the whole day, but it was worth it. It would be a lot more efficient to hire a driver with another couple to go there on your own tour. Otherwise you are forced to stop and shop at several different locations as part of the all day tour. Should have been an 8 hour trip, ended up being closer to 13 with the stopping for other guests and forced shopping stops.
Did attend the time share presentation at El Dorado. Was supposed to be 30 min, but turned into 2 hours. Why haven't I seen a pattern forming?! They are never less than 2 hours!! Got a nice credit at the jewelry store for our efforts.
Anyway, beautiful beaches, plenty of lounge chairs and pools with swim up bars. The workers there really enjoy their work and are very helpful. Also met some other couples from the States and Europe, that were a lot of fun.
I would highly recommend this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico