My partner & I booked our holiday through Thomson & stayed at the El Dorado Royale from the 14th to the 21st August.
Our check in process was quick & easy & we were presented with a champagne cocktail on arrival. At check in we were offered a room upgrade at a discounted rate of $600 instead of the full price of $1,900 (US dollars) but after a short conversation we decided that we would stick with the junior suite with a jacuzzi that we had already paid for.
On entering our room we were more than happy with our choice as it was exceptionally clean, modern, cool & comfortable.
A major feature of the hotel besides the superb & beautiful location is the Gormet Inclusive dining that is offered. We were never short of choices of places to eat & they also catered well for my partner who is a vegetarian. A must for everyone is an evening at the culinary theatre & although we loved the food at every restaurant & bar we ate at, a visit to the Health Bar is also a must as the food & range of shakes & smoothies were truly outstanding. However, we were slightly disappointed after returning from a trip at 4:15pm to find that the Gourmet Pizzeria corner had closed early but would also recommend room service & in addition to this Restaurant Fondue was also closed.
We were told by our rep that this resort is the only resort that offers a free shuttle service to both Cancun & Playa del Carmen (twice & three times a week respectively I think). The service is great & during our stay we went to Playa del Carmen for the evening. However, we did say that we would be happy to pay for a service that was daily giving us more choice.
A slight downfall is that there is no free wifi at the hotel & although I didn't actually mind paying to use the service which was $54 for a week the signal in some parts of the hotel was weak which shouldn't be the case if you're paying for the service.
The Karisma chain pride themselves on being ECO friendly, self sustainable & are commited to recycling. We loved the fact that the products on our plates were grown in the greenhouses in the resorts & really enjoyed the bike tour that showed us the products being grown & the working ranch on which they house & treat rescued animals.
Overall, a fabulus holiday in an amazing location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico