“Beautiful and great spa”

El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This property is extensive and the variety of food and swimming and entertainment options was wonderful. The food and drink options were of varying quality and could use some improvement, but we certainly did not suffer! We most enjoyed the Asian restaurant and least enjoyed Jo-Jos. The service was decent throughout, though with such a large property they cannot always be there when you want something. The personal concierges were great and helpful for solving even odd requests. We enjoyed the swim-up room a lot! The beach is pretty but not much for swimming (rocks). It is odd that use of the internet is quite expensive. Yoga classes in the morning were nicely challenging. And lastly, the spa is great and the water therapy stellar!

Room Tip: Swim-up is fun!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (10,497)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This resort was simply beautiful. We felt incredible safe and relaxed the whole trip. We had a Swim-Up Junior Suite and it was such a great room. The staff is friendly and on-point with the service. We always saw them doing at least the smallest things to constantly improve the resort. We had great meals and great drinks. The only thing we can say about this resort that needs work are the toilets in rooms. At least in our suite, the door was stall-style, meaning it was open at the top and bottom. I, like most people, don't really care to hear someone else using the restroom or have someone be able to hear me. Other than that, we loved every second of this trip.

Room Tip: Spring for at least the swim-up suite...you can't beat instant pool access!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for a great all adult all inclusive then look no further. We were there for our honeymoon April 23-30. First impression... Great customer service. We were there before check in time so they held our luggage and we toured the property and ate lunch. Our concierge CeCe (nickname) we absolutely loved her. She is a great asset to the company. Our favorite restaurant was Rincon. It was never too crowded and we enjoyed all the food. We also loved the breakfast buffet at the restaurant beneath the lobby! Since it was our honeymoon we had the honeymoon package which included the breakfast in bed... Very very good.,, since I've been home I have tried to make the sauce that was on my French toast! Please can someone give me the recipe. It was a white sweet sauce. My only complaint is that wireless should be free but we did get it free since it was included in package. Also be cautious about travelers presentation. We will be retuning as soon as we could and I have recommended this resort to everyone I know!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Every part of our trip was made special by the wonderful and friendly staff. We weren't celebrating anything in particular, but everyone treated us as if we were. The food and drinks were great and there were no "surprise charges" for anything we otherwise thought was included. The only bummer was that wifi was not free. This was clearly stated in our Amenities and Accommodations section of our travel info though, so we weren't surprised. There are plenty of great activities to do on the resort and off the resort. I would go back to any of these resorts in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank FaithH25
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first time traveling to Mexico and El Dorado Royale. We stayed for 7 nights, and any less would have been too short (wish I could spend my whole summer there!). The food was amazing at all the restaurants. The beach and pool were very refreshing and activities provided by the K Team were very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend El Dorado Royale to anyone thinking about traveling to the Riviera Maya! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Beach view rooms are great, keeps you at the center of everything happening.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the second time that we have booked at El Dorado Royale. This is the second time we have come back completely satisfied as well. We once again booked through Beach Bum Vacations (If you are going for an Anniversary or a Wedding make sure to use Melissa!) and she helped set up a wonderful vacation. I never quite understood the complaints about this resort. Everything the resort did was muy excelente!

Rooms:
The newly upgraded rooms in front of the beach are great. They have everything you need in it. Perfect view. Away from Guacamayas (The late night place) so you don't hear the thumping at night. We stayed in the 41 buildings last time, while we thought they were nice, they don't compare to the upgrade suites.

Food:
I don't know how people complain about bad for or small portions. If something doesn't taste right don't eat it! If it wasn't enough... ORDER MORE! I did this a number of times. I even ordered more sushi after I ate dessert and there was no problem. As for tipping the waiters, that is entirely up to you. I didn't feel like my service was changed by giving a few dollars here, but when someone does a good service why not reward them?

Best Breakfast: La Isla
Best Lunch: Jo Jo's
Dinner: Kampai
Best Dessert: The "Tina Turner" - (I ordered multiple in one sitting and I'm not a big guy)

Bars:
What can I say they serve you alcohol. If you are friendly they will be friendly with you. Never had a bad experience. Make sure to see Julio at the Beach Bar and Pedro at Guacamayas. Two awesome bartenders.

Activities:
There are plenty of things for you to do or not do. I played something everyday (volleyball, water polo, kayaking, etc..). The K-Team (Cesar, Luiz, Jessica, etc...) help to make it a fun and active environment if that is what you are into. You make the most of your own vacation.

Staff/Service:
Everyone that worked for the resort was willing to bend over backwards to make our stay an excellent one. Francisco the day manager does a wonderful job.

Some ways to get perks:
Talk to the resort in advance and see about upgrades. Talk to your concierge and if you have something special they may give you some free perks. My Wife and I got free massages, a second candlelight dinner, 50 minute massages, and breakfast in bed for our Anniversary/Return trip. Don't be afraid to ask. The worst that happens is they say no and you go on enjoying your vacation anyway.

Overall we had a great time. We stayed for over 10 days (from what I'm told rare for Americans). I would recommend that amount of days for a stay because of the various number of combinations for the restaurants and their different menus depending on the meal. Not to mention you actually get to relax. It's hard for us to try another resort because I'm not sure if anything else would live up to what we experienced here. As they say there, everything was Excelente!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was the perfect Honeymoon getaway! My wife and I had never been to an all inclusive resort and we were treated well! Our stay could not have gone better! We would definitely love to return to the area (Riviera Maya) since the beach was fantastic. Food was great! Definitely left FULL after trying many different appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 mi away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to El Dorado Royale, by Karisma? Share your experiences!