We had the most amazing honeymoon at this hotel.
The second we arrived we were greeted with champagne and shown to check in, which went smoothly, followed by concerge taking us to a buggy to drive us to our room. The hotel grounds are huge but it never felt crowed, at most times our pool ( the health bar pool ) was so quite and relaxing, we didn't feel the need to go over to the noisey pool. The rooms are beautiful and well maintained being cleaned every day.
They can be cheeky and not fill your room up with the bottled water and then come and knock to see if you want some and then want a tip. we had a fright our second night, we were just getting into bed at 9.30pm ( still tired from the long flight ) and had knocking at the door, for there to be a security guard and a cleaner, they came into our room and didn't explain what they were doing, we thought they were checking our room, they cleaned and pulled the bed covers off then left, when we asked about this in the morning, it was turn down service !! If they had explained this it wouldn't of been so scary, so...if you don't want turn down service you must say lol
The food was amazing, every restaurant was superb with very friendly waiters, the meals look small when they come out but after 3 or 4 courses you will be stuffed. I know a few people say that there is a lot of waiting to be seated, we never felt this was a problem, for us we are early risers so we had breakfast between 7-8 am ready for lunch at 12-1 pm and then ready for early dinner at 6.30 - 7.30 pm, we had no problems at all.
We did tip every meal time but just 20 pesos, add that up over 14 days and I think it was about £30 ish pounds, and a little for the cleaners also.
The night time life wasn't much but a day in the sun with lots of eating and drinking, we wasn't too bothered staying up late.
If you have trouble seeing in the dark I would take a small torch, we did but didn't really use it but for the older people I could see this being a small problem as at night altho the place is beautiful lit up it is quite dark if you want to have a walk in the evenings.
Take the bike tour with in the first few days, its about an hour and you get to see most of the complex and get your bearings.
sunrise was beautiful, we would make a cuppa and sit on the beach in our dressing gowns and watch it rise, it was just lovely.
day trips was amazing too, dolphins, chin chin itza and xcaret was all amazing, do not go on the romantic sunset lobster dinner cruise, its not romantic and you miss the sunset because they wisk you down the stairs to eat and share a table with 2 other guests. we complained and got 25% back what we payed, but this was Thomson not the hotel.
The cassista area.....looks lovely as we had a tour and got to see some rooms but I would pay more money for these suits, they seems secluded when really the complex is so big everyone is spread out so you really don't need to pay the extra to be on your own.
The beach was lovley for a stroll, the bags didn't bother us as we only had a dip and a little snorkelling but for big sea swimmers you want like it.
I could go for longer but I need to stop now lol
I would recommend this hotel and would go back tomorrow.
have a wonderful if you havnt been yet. xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico