I was also apprehensive after reading some of the older, negative reviews about the EDR, but just got back from there after spending the last week of Jan there, and have nothing but good things to say about the resort. I have been to to Playa del Carmen, Ixtapa, Cancun, and Playa del Carmen, and will only return to the Yucatan to vacation in Mexico. This property recently opened a new lobby with a lobby bar, and they are both beautiful. We stayed in one of the suites, it was just too much for a Casita. We did go to the pools in front of the Casitas though, less crowded, took 5-10 seconds to get a drink. We witnessed 3-4 weddings a day on the beach, which provided our entertainment for the day judging wedding dresses and brides! The only down side is the smell emenating behind the property, I guess from some type of lagoon.
There is a certain area where it just smells bad, but it is not that big a deal, you only smelled it when you were walking in a very small area, not anywhere near the beach. The dinner reservations were a pain, I think everyone would verify that. We actually went into Playa 2 nights, just to see the city & because we couldn't get the dinner reservations we wanted. You can ALWAYS eat at La Isla w/out reservations, it just doesn't have a theme like all the others. If possible, try & eat twice at the Oriental restaurant, Kampai. It was great. Mexican Fiesta was fun also, lots of food. Beaches are rocky, so wear some shoes. Tours were great, they are just time consuming, so plan on spending some time on them. We met some great prople there, and are planning to go back next year. The only word you will here more than Hola, is eh?, as there are tons of Canadians there. Drop the puck, for God's sake!! Seriously, they were a great bunch. If you have any questions about the property, feel free to e-mail me while the trip is fresh in my mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico