El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
$240
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$408
$222
$347
$305
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$320
$264
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$327
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
11,167 results
All reviewsmartini barhealth barswim up roomsanta fesand bagscasita sectionk teamla isla poolfuentes poolour honeymoonroom serviceoutdoor showerswing bargreenhouse tourpersonal conciergewine pairingculinary theatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Over the last 10-15 years we have vacationed in many areas of the Caribbean, but have to say the El Dorado Royale is one of the best if not the best. They have multiple restaurants(10-12) which are all outstanding (Gourmet). During our travels many times we would have to get up early just to get a spot by the pool, but El Dorado Royale no need to rush their are many places on the ocean and pool areas. The hotel personnel are all happy which also made us happy! There is a reason why this hotel is one of the top 100 in the world.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is amazing! From the moment you walk in you are greeted with this fabulous aroma and a glass of champagne. I am not a fan of champagne but really enjoyed this particular glass. They put liquor in it that really enhanced the flavor. We were met by Jorge, the concierge. We cannot say enough nice things about him. We got there 3 hours before check-in but he still took the time to go over the entire resort and its offerings with us. He went over each restaurant with us and then made our dinner reservations for the entire week so we would get a sample of everything.
Jorge then introduced us to Joaquin from Lomas Travel. By the way, when scheduling your transportation from the airport, these guys were wonderful. They told us exactly where they would be, what they were wearing, and who to ignore at the airport. The advice was invaluable. Joaquin then went over each tour opportunity that we had available and then gave his opinion of each which, again, proved to be good advice. I will talk about the tour later.
We were then taken to our room which was the Jacuzzi Jr. Suite. It was very nice, clean, and the aroma was very nice. The spa tub was also a nice feature. We stayed in that room for two days and then upgraded to the Casita with the infinity pool. We got a free upgrade since we purchased the Exotic Club membership or we would have been perfectly happy to stay put. However, the Casita was remarkable! The room was very spacious, there was a bed on the balcony, the pool was spotless, we had an outdoor shower, and an ocean view. Our Casita butlers, Ivan and Pablo, were more than helpful. They went out of their way to insure we had everything, double checked all of our reservations, and would pop by to see if we needed anything. They truly made our stay better than we ever expected.
The beach is spectacular and very clean. The beach butlers and bartenders are also awesome! The pools were sparkling clean and we noticed that every morning they were working on them to keep them that way.
The food was out of this world good. Our favorite was La Isla mainly because of the atmosphere, friendly wait staff, and variety on the menu. Jo Jo’s was also very good and provided a nice menu and it was open most of the day and into the evening. D’Italia was the classiest of the restaurants and provided a very nice elegant dining experience. However, the beef tenderloin at KamPai was my favorite meal and I went back several times to get it. It really was delicious. Our only disappointment was Fuentes. It was buffet style and we really had no clue what was being served. Too confusing so we headed to Jo Jo’s for dinner and a drink right on the beach! We also had the candle light dinner in the beach one evening. Our waiter made the night very fun and his service was fantastic. The food was amazing and when the desert came we were pleasantly surprised at its presentation. I won’t spoil it for anyone but it was really cool. We returned to our room to find that Ivan had brought us a bottle of champagne, put rose petals on the bed, and had filled the tub with bubbles. As I said, he was awesome.
We took two excursions we went to Playa Del Carmen to shop on 5th avenue. As we are glad we went, we probably wouldn’t go again. The bus was nice but the town was a bit of a disappointment due to all of the street vendors aggravating you all of the time. Very similar to the airport. Our second trip was with Lomas Travel to Chichen Itza. What a trip! Our guide was Rex who was a young man that had his Master’s in archeology. His knowledge was remarkable and we learned so much. Plus he is quite comical. On this trip we stopped at an old church, then at a Cenote to swim and sample Tequila. Which was a nice side trip. We then went on to Chichen Itza where Rex took us on a guided tour. Again, this young man’s knowledge was beyond our expectations.
One negative was the golf carts. It would be nice if they had their own path or wider walk ways. It was pretty much move or get hit!

All said and done, we will go back … probably next year. This was the best vacation we have ever taken. It was so relaxing, the food was beyond perfect, and the overall experience was more than we ever expected. One last note …. Mimosa for breakfast!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had our wedding at the Azul Sensatori (another Karisma resort) and did our honeymoon at the El Dorado Royale. It was a couples paradise. The food was beyond my expectations. Staff is incredible here. They really do anything they can to please. Once we got to the resort, it was so large with so many things to do, we had no need to do any side trips and explore any more. We were perfectly happy in the lap of luxury being spoiled to the gills every day. We absolutely cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LilMoose77
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros: The place is beautiful. I was in complete awe when we arrived. The rooms were nice and very comfortable. I really enjoyed the large jacuzzi tub in the room and the restocking of the minifridge. The restaurant servers were very polite and the food was good at all of the restaurants.

Cons: I was very taken aback by the rudeness we encountered at the restaurants when we attempted to get a table for more than two people. The hostesses were out of control. It was just a huge ordeal every time and they were just completely unaccommodating and RUDE. I swear they were on a power-trip. This was extremely upsetting to me given the fact that we had paid an ungodly amount of money to go to my BIL's wedding here over a long weekend in JUNE of all times (rainy, rainy, RAINY!). Why on Earth would a hotel encourage people to have their weddings there if they cannot even seat a table of 3-4 for dinner? One day my husband completely overdid it at the pool. So, rather than go eat alone I attempted to go out to dinner with my in-laws. Oh Lord was that an issue or what?! We had to wait so incredibly long while multiple couples were seated.... I finally said look, I'll just sit by myself and then finally a specific table that was suitable for 3 was available. FORGET about sitting with another couple, or TWO couples - that really gets them out of sorts. One time we attempted to have lunch with another couple. Again, multiple 2-tops were seated while we waited, and waited, and waited....you wouldn't believe the look I got when I suggested they merely push two of the empty tables together! We ultimately gave up having lunch with our friends, only to be seated next to each other at two separate tables.

This is probably a great place for couples - but don't plan on making friends because they cannot accommodate that sort of thing. And don't have your wedding there. The only time you'll be able to enjoy a meal together is an occasional breakfast at the buffet place and/or during the reception when they have enough notice to plan for a table larger than 2.

Also, by the time they finally brought a hammock (6 hours after my request), the monsoon started and continued throughout the rest of our stay. I was never able to actually use it and missed out on the only nice weather because of how long it took to bring it. I don't usually ask for something 6 hours in advance of needing it! While many people appeared to have umbrellas so they could at least go to and from dinner without being drenched, we didn't have one in our room and they never brought us one. Guess we didn't pay enough.

This was our first time at an all-inclusive. Please note that it is not all-inclusive in terms of gratuity, which I suspect is true at every "all-inclusive." Everyone has their hand out, so you better bring a lot of ones, or plan on getting poor service at the bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Trista J
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just wonderful.

Stayed in a casita suite- lovely room, stocked mini bar, great pool outside of room.

We got married on the beach at this hotel and would reccomend their facilities if you get a package through a reputable company such as first choice. Yes you do need to check you buy a more expensive packaage to get flowers, a blood test, marriage certificate translation etc- do check what's included before you book. I would reccomend First choice wedding through them though. Picture perfect & would do it all over again.

The food was small portions, but perfect for me. You could have three courses in each restaurant without being too full, and they were all made to order and just wonderful. The choice of restaurants was great, and the drinks were fabulous too.

Plenty of sun beds for our large party of 10, and waiter service for drinks if you sit just by the boundry of casitas to normal rooms (by the smoothies place).

The beach whales were not off putting at all, the fish in the sea were amazing, and the water was warm.

The staff were very accomodating considering we wanted to seat 10 at dinner time, and were all friendly and polite.

I could go on- but this really was just perfect.

Late review- travelled April 2011