We stayed at the Grand Mayan which is more convenient to the beach area and has larger rooms than the Mayan Palace. We rented a car from Easy Way Car Rental in Cancun as we enjoy traveling to out of way locations.
The resort is very large and requires walking or the use of shuttles. The numerous pools are lovely and the restaurants serve good food (liquor is very expensive). Lobster dinner at Tramonto was outstanding. All bills come with a suggested tip included.
We asked for and stayed in building 1, on the third floor. We had to change from the first floor due to mildew and ants. Bring bug spray.
The staff is friendly and efficient. Use of the internet is not free of charge. You cannot swim at the beach area as it is all rocks. If you bring swim shoes you can walk out and snorkel. Golf is bigtime at the resort. Avoid the Resort presentation.
Playa Del Carmen (20 minutes away)has everything you want beaches, shopping, restaurants,internet, supermarkets and police.
Do not miss Yul Ku Lagoon in Akumal and ATVs & Blue Venato Beach Club in Puerto Venato.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Playa Paraiso, Mexico