We went to Iberostar Paraiso Maya from 9/23/10 through 9/30/10. I thought the trip was getting off to a bad start when I arrived at my assigned USA3000 seat, only to find out I was seated next to the only infant on the entire plane! I need not have worried. He was extremely pleasant - laughing and talking and napping. No reflection on Apple, no reflection on the resort, but for a minute there, I was worried.
We had been to Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar a little more than three years ago but decided to splurge this year by going to Maya. The price we paid was actually less than that of Lindo. We loved it here! Our junior suite was on the second floor of building 60, on the ocean side of the building. No view because of the plants, but it was still a great location. If we walked down the steps closest to our room, we were at the private pool for our building, or at the quiet end of the main pool. The beach was close, as well as El Fogon restaurant. We had breakfast and lunch there a few times. We had breakfast several times at Lindo’s main buffet. La Marina was also open for breakfast while we were there. You could order from a limited (but scrumptious!) menu or eat from the buffet. We only made dinner reservations three times: El Ranchero and La Marina and Jambalaya. All three were great with fantastic service. We went back to El Ranchero another night without reservations and were promptly seated.
Our building was the furthest one from the Maya lobby and main ala carte restaurants, but that just made for a pleasant before-dinner and after-dinner stroll. All the Maya buildings are connected with covered walkways and the courtyard of each building was beautifully landscaped with fountains and statues. It rained a few times while we were there, but nothing that really altered our plans.
So many people work so hard every day just to make sure the place sparkles. Every member of the staff is polite and accommodating. We had never been to Mexico in September before, but have decided it was the perfect time to go. We loved the pool and the pool bar and the ice cream bar and the “Snake” bar and the food and our suite and the beach and all the grounds. We loved the wave pool and the lazy river and the energetic entertainment staff and paella on the beach. We will definitely return to this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico