Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,608 results
All reviews wave pool la marina lazy river seafood la geisha snake bar superior junior suite lindo buffet el tapatio private pool kids club star friends french restaurant family vacation specialty restaurants other resorts dinner reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took our Daughter and her family (boy 4, girl 8) and husband. We had to go12/26 so the kids didn't miss santa on the 25th. Early morning flight from Denver, arranged transportation through the resort. The son in law and i both took our golf clubs. Full Disclosure, we are members. This is what people mistake for the dreaded "time share" presentation. Because we are members, we checked into the resort in the members' lounge. Laid back, had a beer while going through the paperwork etc. We were installed in building 61. My wife and I have been here before in buildings 60, 61, and 62. They are all good places to stay. We knew what to expect in our room although it was 'the kids" first time there. After doing some unpacking, we headed to the Mexican restaraunt. This is one thing that I don't like, they make reservations that perhaps you aren't interested in. In the future, I will cancel the ones I am not wild about and re-arrange the schedules to fit my desires. The next morning after breakfast we did an orientation tour for the kids and went to the beach. The member's area was rather crowded, but we did get a couple of beds next to each other. I think the resort itself was rather full as it was the holiday season but I didn't ask. The next day we did the pool. The four year old wasn't a swimmer, so we used the zero entry wave pool. When the waves came on (preceeded by a siren) the kids went wild. The lazy river was improved since previous years and while slow, seemed to be faster this year. The following day the son in law and I played golf. We tracked down our sales people Marshal and Paul, wonderful people who we wanted our daughter and son in law to meet. We spoke with them about upgrading out membership and after consulting the the wife and kids we decided to upgrade our membership. I realize this isn't for everyone, but if you have questions about it I am happy to share our experience. To show their thanks the resort gave us a yacht ride and snorkelling excursion to Isla Mujeres. The crew was great, Brandon, Josue and Ismael. After snokelling they served us chips and guacomole, chicken burritos, Tecate, and tequila. The company was Aeroyachts, I highly reccomend them. Look on youtube for Grays barracuda to see the son in law reel in a 4 foot barracuda.
The following day we went to Playa Del Carmen to get the girls a mani-pedi and to do the tourist stuff.
All travelers take note. We spent money in three shops and a restaraunt. In the restaraunt they added 200 pesos to the bill. When questioned about it we were told it was a tip. We were fine with that. At the other three shops they tried to short us about 100 pesos ($5.00 US) when returning our change. One of these was an ice cream shop who owed us 135 pesos. They gave us 35 pesos and the receipt which showed change of 125 pesos. When we showed them the receipt, we got a "oops, sorry". Long story short, most of these places will cheat you if you don't pay attention.
We ended up staying at the pool for most of the rest of the stay. We did go to the ruins at Tulum. This was a good excursion. It lasted about a half day, then we were back at the resort. The problem with most excursions is they leave the resort at 7 am and the breakfast buffet doesn't open until 7. The tour had packed some fruit and granola bars, but that is about all you will get. The tour was through Cancun adventures. Our Guide was a young lady nicknamed Pato. It was hot and interesting. The christmas lights were beautiful, and the resort was all decked out.
We were given our choice of two different new year's eve dinners, and we opted for the less formal one. Even at that most people dressed up for dinner. There were some young people in tee shirts with baseball caps turned sideways, but other than that the crowd was dressed in what I would call business casual. Slacks and shirt, some men had ties, ladies in dresses.
As it turned out, you could hardly move in the buffet area. I was lucky to find a few things I wanted to eat and get out of the crowd. Looking back, I would have rather eaten the tacos at TAK-ITO in the shopping center. There was a big party in the shopping center that night. I had no luck trying upload a video that I took of the countdown, and there was a fireworks show at 12:30. We went to the beach for the sunrise on our last day, but unfortunetely it was overcast. Long story short, it was another great vacation at the Maya, and our kids and grand kids were blown away by the resort, the employees and the whole experience, and can't wait to return.

Date of stay: December 2019
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

On behalf of the team and Management of Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.

We are more than glad to know that you and your family spent the most memorable stay with us and that the excellent service of our team exceeded your expectations.

Furthermore, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your kind compliments towards the exceptional service of our team, we are sure that all of them will be glad to hear from you.

It will be such an honor to welcome you back for another wonderful experience.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on this trip with our adult children and it was wonderful.
Our room was in building 60 - it was very close to the beach as well as the pools. Buildings 60-61-62 are all in a really great location. Our maid Tania was EXCELLENT! She provided morning and evening turn down service every day and there was never a shortage of fresh towels and fridge was always restocked.

Food was exceptional and the servers were superb. Shout out to the omelette guy - Antonio (along with his cooking partner) who made us fresh omelettes every morning and made us a special bacon wrapped shrimp lunch!

This resort was very clean and very beautiful -pools were really nice as well as the beach. The people who work at this resort are so friendly and we really enjoyed getting to know some of them. Luis who worked everyday starting at 3pm cleaning and straightening the pool area was always smiling and friendly. Cory our concierge booked our meals in the restaurants, Luis one of our servers and the swimup bartenders are just a few of the people who made out stay awesome.
We would definately stay at this resort again!

Room tip: Building 60, 61 and 62 are closes to pools and beach
Date of stay: January 2020
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kinds words and positive feedback!

I am so happy to hear that you received such wonderful service while with at Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya and that everything was to your liking during your stay.

I will be sure to share your compliments with the entire hotel team as I know they will be delighted to hear it.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and wish you safe travels in the meantime.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Resort was great!! Rooms were clean, food was awesome, options for everyone. I am vegan and they were able to accommodate at the buffet and the a la Carte restaurants. Beach was very clean. Entertainment was fun, daily activities. Star friends team ate great, Karen and Franco had so much energy and were so fun and made us feel so welcome. Service was great with room service and concierge as well. Except the concierge in building 54 was kind of grumpy.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind review of your recent holiday at Iberostar Selection Paraido Maya.

Such a friendly review of our hotel is, of course, a great pleasure to read and confirms for us that our daily actions are worthwhile and that we are on the right path with our numerous efforts.

We hope to host you once again in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are staying 11 days in the Iberoestar Paraiso Maya and I am feeling very sad with the shower. As a 5 star hotel we expect to have at least a 5 star experience with our room, specially shower, it does not have a good pressure and it is worse than my little house in Brazil. This has been a big problem and I was not expecting to experience that in a five star hotel. Another pain point is water, there is no bottle of water, there is water stations, where you can fill up your cristal bottles that are located in your room. I understand the concern with the plastic, but I did not like it, because their water has a flavour and not everybody get used to it. I could not.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

First and foremost, we want to thank you for taking the time during your vacations to share your valuable comments with us.

We are proud to share with you that we are an environmentally conscious Resort and we have created several initiatives through our Wave of Change movement. One of them, is to eliminate the single-use plastic. In order to achieve this, we offer to our guests sustainable, refillable, BPA-free bottles that are sanitized and can be refilled with filtered water at any bar, restaurant or machines in every building. Furthermore, we have different technologies in rooms that help us to reduce the consumption of energy and water.

Our guests’ opinions are truly valuable for us and we assure you that your comments will be shared with the departments involved for their review.

We hope you give us the opportunity to improve your experience with us, and please, do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations team for anything you may need during your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very well appointed hôtel , everybody is wonderful, food service, staff, location, drinks are plentiful and delicious, great entertainment at night for the whole family ,room service is great, housekeeping is fantastic.... overall a great experience

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya on your most recent vacation, and for sharing your kind comments with us.

We are honored to know that you have enjoyed of an excellent holiday and have left with wonderful memories of your vacation. Our combination of both a friendly and competent service is one of our highest priorities and we are constantly working to provide our guests with an excellent experience.

Thank you once again for your kind comment and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Until then, we wish you all the best.

Sunny regards,