I traveled with family July 12-18, 2014. I was not impressed at all with the 5 Start All Inclusive experience. As others wrote about in their reviews, the entry fountains were drained and not working, the waterfall at the swim-up bar...not working, all Jacuzzi tubs at the pool were closed and not working. The Resort is beautiful but it is very spread out and you have to do a lot of walking.
The food was sub-par, not as fresh as I would have hoped and I felt there was a limited selection. We ate at 4 of the restaurants and the only one I enjoyed was Hibachi. The French Restaurant was "OK", but the Steakhouse and Mediterranean Restaurants were TERRIBLE!!! In the Lido Buffet Restaurant by the beach, someone had dropped some rice on the floor and I sat and watched for 30 minutes while people (including staff) stepped over, walked around and through the rice. The Manager walked by 2 times and ignored it. I finally told him that they'd better clean it up before someone slips and they have a real issue. The drinks were OK, but watered down unless you asked to have extra liquor added and they did not feel "special" to me. They were made very quickly in abundance with others ordering the same drink.
I had a Jr. Suite which was a nice size room and a nice location (Building 62, Room 6215), but it was not cleaned well....especially the Jacuzzi tub. I would have liked to have used the tub, but opted not to because I really didn't feel it was clean. The credenza in my room that holds the TV and has 2 drawers and 2 shelves underneath the TV was broken and the doors were torn off. The AC in my room would not go below 21.5 and without the help of the two ceiling fans, it would not have been cool enough to relax and sleep in that room. Also, the bed and pillows are very hard - my family was complaining about them also. I have been on 5 cruises and I definitely enjoy cruise drinks and food to this All Inclusive Resort.
I would definitely try another All Inclusive Resort in the Caribbean, but it would not be at the Iberostar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico