Iberostar Paraiso Maya
$228
$562
$472
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$291
$246
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$246
$207
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,315 results
All reviewsiberostar paraisowave poolseafoodla marinalazy riverla geishasuperior junior suitelindo buffetel tapatioprivate poolstar friendskids clubswim up barspecialty restaurantsfrench restaurantfamily vacationother resorts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Besides my room flooding at 1 am. The last night my kids and I where there. Room 6631. The over all stay was great. And very friendly bartenders with great service. There was lots to see and do fir myself and my kids. We would love to come back again sometime. Housekeeping in my room was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your lovely comments about our resort with other Tripadvisor’s readers.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments about our resort. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the services provided and also with our friendly staff.
With respect to your comment about your last night in our resort, we are really sorry about that. We have a maintenance program to avoid this kind of situations and be sure that we will send your comment to our Maintenance department to follow this up in order to prevent this from happening again.

With your recent trip to IBEROSTAR being so pleasurable, we hope that you will stay again at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya. We sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a group of about 30 people stay at the Iberostar Maya for a wedding the week off June 29th, with the last family checking out July 6, 2014. The resort is gorgeous and immaculate. There are always staff cleaning, primping and pruning. It is a very large resort which is really 3 resorts in 1. I enjoyed walking the grounds since they were so impressive, but there was always a cart ready to take you to another part of the resort if you were in a hurry or did not feel like the walk.
Each set of rooms had a private pool. There was also a water polo pool, a wave pool, a lazy river and of course the main poor with a swim up bar. The slushy drinks were a bit weak, but the bartenders were happy to add a shot of whatever you wanted if you asked. The bar was well stocked.
We ate at several of the restaurants. We did not have a problem getting reservations except for one Friday night when our choices were limited because the hotel was fully booked. We loved eating at the Museum restaurant. It was elegant and the food delicious and nicely presented. The servings were not real large, but you could order how ever much you wanted.
We also at the steakhouse which was excellent, and the French restaurant which was superb. The Japanese restaurant was good, but typical hibachi. The only buffet we tried was at the Marina restaurant and it was delicious with lots of seafood and caviar. I avoided the large buffet restaurant because it is not something I usually enjoy.
The wedding was held atop the gazebo built like a Mayan ruin. It was beautifully done with a violinist, a champagne reception and a Mariachi band. The reception was set up on a lovely area of the beach and they did a wonderful buffet of seafood, steak, salads and all the trimmings.
I cannot speak highly enough about the staff. Everyone was helpful and cordial. If they couldn't answer my question they got someone who could.
Our room was immaculate and maid service was fast yet thorough. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. I want to go back again, and try their resorts in other places as well.
Special thanks to Enrique, Ronaldo, Pamela and Imelda.

Room Tip: We were in the building 63 towards the back. We didn't have much of a view from the first floor, but the 2nd or 3rd floor would give you a better view of the pool.
2  Thank dj_bryan54
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Your fabulous experience may encourage other travelers to choose us as their wedding destination in Mexico.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated, be sure that they will be forwarded to the Managers and the rest of the staff.

Once again, thank you for your lovely comments and for choosing us for such a special event; we hope that you will give us the opportunity to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Beautiful well kept resort. Staff was extremely friendly and very accomodating. This resort was kept immaculate. This was our first time staying art an Iberostar resort and it was the best resort we ever stayed at.

2  Thank Laura0918
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya. We appreciate your lovely comments about our resort.

We are happy to know that your stay with us was great, and that you were happy with our facilities and our service; It is an honor to read how our staff members did everything in their hands to ensure you had a memorable experience; they will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I went in Feb of 2014. This place met every expectation. My 3 yr old daughter still talks about her wonderful stay in Mexico. Good food, great service and always lots to do. The beach is clean and fun to build sand castles.

We had a great time here and would return. The Maya was very nice - we rented a Superior Junior Suite. I did here others complaining about their stay at the Lindo....

The beds were a little too stiff for my liking. Staff did place an egg-shell topper which helped a little.

Room Tip: I think we were room 6363, it was very quiet. Make sure you're not on the main level.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Roving_Family2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your sharing your opinion about IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya with other travelers as your fabulous experience may encourage others to choose us as their vacation destination in Mexico.

At IBEROSTAR we are committed to providing services, facilities and an ambiance that satisfies our guests’ needs and expectations, so we are thrilled that achieved our goal with you.

Thank you for your feedback. It will for sure help us to improve our service.

We are already looking forward to your return trip next year!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just got back from a 5 day family vacation from Iberostar. We had reservations at the Lindo but "upgraded" to the Maya. It was an extra $50 a day. The upgrade view was of the jungle. The woods were right on our balcony. I went back to the lobby and was given an additional upgrade at no charge. There was no real difference between the upgraded room except we were on a higher floor. We stayed in building 62. Very quiet and peaceful. Traveled with 2 kids 11 & 15, they loved it. The resort is HUGE!!! If you have walking difficulty, it is not for you. We were still discovering places on our last day. Food was very mediocre and there was no variety. Breakfast was nothing special, dinner at the steakhouse and French restaurant were decent. We chose the hotel because of the kids. It was as lively or as quiet as you want. In all, I would probably not return due to the food lack of variety. Rooms were cleaned nicely, but my husband was missing a shirt out of the room on the last day. It was not the Ritz but for the money, it was okay. There are much better hotels to visit. Water park, not spectacular. Lazy river....very lazy. The wave pool was awesome. Entertainment was decent and the star crew was fun, especially David!! Spa prices were okay $85-$200 for a massage.

Room Tip: Farther away from the entertainment the better. Place can get loud. Shows start at 9.
3  Thank Crsena08
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate that you let us know about your impressions on your five days family vacation in our resort.

We are very glad to know that you and your family enjoyed our wave pool, our grounds, and also the entertainment activities organized by our Star Friends. David will be congratulated for the excellent service provided during your stay.

In regard to your comment about our food, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed. Our Executive Chef works very hard every day to provide our guests with the best options. We have different theme nights at our buffets such as Oriental, Spanish, Mexican and Italian food amongst others. Additionally, we also have 6 restaurants a la carte (French, Japanese, Steakhouse, Mexican, seafood & Cajun Jambalaya restaurants) to satisfy different palates.

We are sorry if the size of our resort might have caused you any inconvenient. We are aware of the distances that is why we have a train that helps our guests to go around our hotel. You are also able to reserve a ride in our golf carts with our Guest Service department and wait comfortably in your room until it arrives. We are, however, working on improving our transportation system to make it more efficient for you.

We are concerned about your comment on your husband’ shirt. We have a Lost & Found Department where we save and register the items that are found, and when our guests report any missing item, our Guest Service Department is always happy to assist them by checking our list. Please feel free to contact us in order to help you on this.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya or any IBEROSTAR worldwide.