I would highly recommend this hotel. It is co-located with 4 other Iberostar hotels (Maya/ Lindo and Mar/Beach, so you can use all the restaurants (at least 12 + buffets), and all the facilities of both.
- 2 large sets of swimming pools between the 4 hotels - both are very nice, but the Mar/Beach pools were larger and had a very nice waterfall feature and 'tranquility' area with actual 4 poster beds (matresses were suspended from the posts to swing a lttle) - not that we got to use them as always revserved before we got to the pool early.
Quick to walk between both pools, so you can mix and match easily.
- Bed rooms very nice in Maya - try to get a top floor as noise goes through the floors :(. Block 62 was very good position for all amenities.
- Styling of Maya and Lindo public areas were excellent - very classy. Mar/Beach more low key - a lot more open restaurants etc therefore no air con in those areas (but celing fans), plus more wildlife (flamingo's, swans, little turtles).
- Evening entertainment pretty good - external acts came in as well as in-house staff so pretty high standard. 2 theatres in the complex, so choice of entertainment.
- Staff - all excellent - all friendly, very good service.
We stayed mostly on the Maya/Lindo side as the complex is sizeable, however not a problem to walk round all.
- Beach very nice - soft white sand and very clean.
- You do need to reserve sunbeds early.
- Food - buffet restaurants all good -good choices. A la Carte restaurants all pretty good - recommend french ones, Japenese and Brazilian. Some a la carte is buffet starter and desert, but off the menu main.
- Generally deserts were dissappointing - as we find in all all-inclusives world wide - all looks very nice, but have no taste - especially chocolate ones.
- 30 mins shuttle to playa del carmen - lots of shops and a nice beach. Looks like it would be good to be there at night - lots of bars and restaurants.
- Chichen itza tour very good (but pricey)
- Xcaret - same (even more expensive).
Overall, i would definately recommend this hotel and this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico