TWO VACATIONS IN ONE!!
My husband and I recently returned from vacation to Riviera Maya and Cancun. We were concerned that we might get bored of staying at the same resort for 7 nights, so at the suggestion of our travel agents, Sue and Gary from Pan World Travel, we spent 4 nights at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya near Playa Del Carmen and 3 nights at the new Secrets the Vine in Cancun. What a great idea and it worked perfectly.
The Iberostar Paraiso Maya in Riviera Maya was fantastic. The lobby area and bar area consists of an amazing replica of the Chichen Itza pyramid which is beautifully decorated and a great gathering place in the evening. We were there over Halloween and some of the staff as well as guests were in costume. Our travel agent suggested that we stay in building 60 which was closest to the beach area and had its own swimming pool. It was quite a walk to the lobby area and some of the restaurants, but the exercise was welcome after eating and drinking at all the great restaurants. Our favorite restaurant was the gourmet, L’Etoile but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and presentation at all the restaurants, even the buffet. The walk across the bridge through the jungle to the beach was full of coatis, birds and interesting plants. The beach was a bit rocky directly in front of the hotel, but just a few yards down in front of the Iberostar Lindo, the swimming area was perfect. This hotel has a great Mexican “feel” and we thought the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.
After 4 nights, we headed toward Cancun and Secrets the Vine. WOW!! This resort is the polar opposite of Iberostar Paraiso Maya in Riviera Maya. 28 stories, very modernistic, immaculate and dramatic décor. The beach area was not as wide as the one in Riviera Maya, but the sand and the water was crystal clear blue with rolling waves. We loved it. We had a few hours to wait for our room to be ready, so we had lunch at the outside grill. An upgrade to preferred level was offered and we decided to do that so we could use the preferred lounge and the preferred pool area. The room was on the 27th floor with a spectacular view of Cancun, the Lagoon and the Ocean with a huge, comfortable balcony. I would definitely recommend that you get a room on a high floor facing the hotel zone. Very cool shower with rain shower head and regular shower…room for 4 people! The light switches were electronic and a bit confusing, but figured it out by the end of our stay. The restaurants, food, service were excellent. If you couldn’t find something you liked here, it just doesn’t exist!
We DEFINITELY will recommend both these properties, even though they were totally different and also, the agents at Pan World Travel for their help in planning the perfect vacation with absolutely no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico