I've been to two other Iberostar resorts, and I must say my wife and I were a little bit let down on our recent trip. Ill keep it very simple:
-Once again the Iberostar staff (waiters, bartenders, house keeping, bus boys). They really do deserve a five star, and I dont want to take anything away from the work they do.
-Our room was located in building 63, and was large and very well kept.
-Massage services and the spa wet area was very relaxing and well worth it.
-The golf course and staff is top notch. Fun challenging layout that is well worth every bit. I was kind of surprised we were able to get a 2:00 tee time within an hour of calling.
-I know a lot of people complain about the walking, but its actually kind of nice.
-Two trips to Playa Del Carmen for dinner reservations was a piece of cake thanks to our concierge
-I think the number one disappoint that we encountered was not being able to hitch a ride or waiting for a ride. My wife and I wanted to go to the shopping center around 11:00 at night. I approached the front lobby manager and he told me to simply walk because its 2 min away. I thought the carts were availalbe at all times. Then went on to say they only had 1 cart available at night. She was in high heels and had been walking all day, and all I wanted to do was grab a cigar and a drink. We were both floored in the response.
-Buffet was smaller than other iberostars, with outdoor seating within the pool areas.
-Yes it rained pretty hard for 2 days, not Iberostars fault, but they had roof leaks in the lobby bar, sports bar, and other places. Seemed like this is an on going problem because they had an army of people constantly trying to keep things dry.
-The hammocks on the balconies are useless. They are sit down hammocks that are extremely uncomfortable (feet fall asleep in 5 min). More of a wasted space than anything.
We booked the Maya because it was actually cheaper than the Lindo and was suppose to be "better". I really have nothing bad to say about the other Iberostars, but this one missed the mark and makes me question Iberostars in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach ofPlaya Paraiso" (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico